Holden dealers expected to sell out of cars “within weeks” after buyers rush showroom - Page 7

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Holden dealers expected to sell out of cars “within weeks” after buyers rush showroom

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

Re: Holden dealers expected to sell out of cars “within weeks” after buyers rush show

I see the latest development is that dealers are having to return any deposits on Corvettes. presumably you will now have to order through the GMSV network when they work out a system.
    Part of the release
    We understand that some customers may have already placed deposits with Holden dealers. Unfortunately, deposits will not guarantee your purchase of a Corvette when they arrive towards the end of next year and we recommended that all dealers to refund these deposits, while we finalise the ordering process.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC carisi2k9's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 VE Sportswagon

Re: Holden dealers expected to sell out of cars “within weeks” after buyers rush show

Anybody who hasn't requested a returned deposit for the corvette once the announcement to close Holden was made needs their brain checked. Seriously though GMSV will not survive as GM is dead in Australia because the people don't want GM. All car sales in general have dived in recent times. When car companies are putting out crap like they are these days it is hard to justify upgrading from whatever you currently have. Do you really see anybody upgrading their old 3/4 series for that new monstrosity.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to carisi2k9 For This Useful Post:

chinamonty (10-11-2020)

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,201 Times in 2,677 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels
    This is not about angry Holden fans who are never Gunna buy another GM product,
    it's about Walkinshaw doubling down on full sized pickup conversions by including
    Silverado 1500 and 2500 as well as factory RHD Corvette for its dealers to sell.

I think the jury is out on this one, it's a huge leap of faith for Walkinshaw,
    they're taking all the risk here, not GM

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC carisi2k9's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 VE Sportswagon

It just isn't going to work. GM aren't going to make any RHD corvettes. They can barely make enough LHD ones and as detailed in the news ticker they are shutting down production because of a lack of parts. GM is dead in the RHD market and all of Australia is never going to buy another GM product ever again without facing treason charges. What GM did to Holden has the whole country baying for GM, Mary and her executives blood. They will be arrested as soon as they step on Australian soil and then fed to one of our dangerous animals for dinner.

Walkingshaw should know this and should be making there own cars with the myriad of ex holden, ford and toyota engineers looking for work. An Australian made Walkingshaw would have a tonne of street cred and would probably be the top selling make in very quick time.

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

The last I saw the RHD Corvette was still on the cards but delayed (that was 04June). Haven't seen anything suggesting otherwise since.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 series Captiva LX diesel

Quote Originally Posted by chinamonty View Post
    The last I saw the RHD Corvette was still on the cards but delayed (that was 04June). Haven't seen anything suggesting otherwise since.
    I recon GM have a bunch of RHD already made so this is their chance to get rid of them, no one in Australia is going to buy a GM product outside of maybe a pickup because all of them are not going to be factory RHD so will need converting and that will price them out of the market why buy say a GM SUV or car that is priced thousands more then a factory made RHD product from another manufacturer Camaro's didn't sell when you could get a Mustang for a lot cheaper and factory RHD. GM's reputation is in the toilet and is only sliding further down the s-bend. I mean I close Holden and then think 12 months later they can sneak in the back door with GMSV and people will be happy to buy them.
    Look out I'm on twitter kts350
    3 on The Tree is back home Hidden Content

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information