Holden AWD Sportwagon Revealed - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holden AWD Sportwagon Revealed

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Re: Holden AWD Sportwagon Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by AusCalais View Post
    That's strange... I see a Peugeot.
    Nah, I see a Citroen.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GolfBravo For This Useful Post:

kts3502.0 (04-07-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

Just look at the Astra sales: disaster. Everything Holden touch at the moment turns into ****.

Sure it isn't Everything Holden is TOLD to touch turns to *****.

Thanks

Gotta say as a Adventra owner - this is the *only* model in the lineup that is vaguely interesting to me. That said, it won't be widely appealing but most old 'Ventra owners may be interested - most who own(ed) them love them and to be able to update will have appeal.

The VY/Z versions were very under-rated and surprisingly capable

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedHotMike For This Useful Post:

kts3502.0 (04-07-2017),mikmak (04-07-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

I had a friend that had a lot of trouble with some body control module or something (?). It was out of sync front to rear or something and it was misdiagnosed multiple times. Such a shame because they loved it.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by GolfBravo View Post
    The bi-turbo 154KW diesel engine (LFO) is definitely available with 8-speed auto (AF50 gen3) and AWD.

I think this omission has more to do with the expected new Commodore sales volume, too many dealers chasing such small volume. Holden are trying to make this as simple to order as possible, don't forget the 8-week journey from Europe on top of the usual waiting time.

Just look at the Astra sales: disaster. Everything Holden touch at the moment turns into ****.
    There is the remote chance that this become a hero product, but the absence of diesel sends mixed messages. We know it's not a real Commodore, and we know they want to shift brand perception, but they only offer the "blokey" option.

Quote Originally Posted by isszy View Post
    For me, this is the right car at the wrong time, and sadly the biggest turnoff is now the badge. It's a nice looking car, all the features I would like and plenty of power for me. I have never liked SUV's but I have always liked repurposed wagons, from the AMC Eagle, right through the Subaru Outback, Volvo XC70 and Holden Adventra.

It is better looking than the current Outback, Skoda Scout, and even the Volvo.

But could I bring myself to buy another GM vehicle ? I doubt it.
    I think you've highlighted a good portion of the segment there: Tour De France fans, and most of them are more interested in saving money for a new Bianchi and spandex undies rather than more power.
    Having said all that. I still want one... possibly because my wife wants a SUV type SUV, but she did like the pic of the NG CrossTourerShootingBRakeCrossoVerestate
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mikmak For This Useful Post:

kts3502.0 (04-09-2017)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 series Captiva LX diesel

Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    Having said all that. I still want one... possibly because my wife wants a SUV type SUV, but she did like the pic of the NG CrossTourerShootingBRakeCrossoVerestate
    Will have to see one in the flesh, the wife likes the capy because of the ground clearance but if theres no diesel model I'm not sure she will be interested.
    Look out I'm on twitter kts350
    3 on The Tree is back home Hidden Content

Thanks

The Holden Rorschach AWD.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by isszy View Post
    For me, this is the right car at the wrong time, and sadly the biggest turnoff is now the badge. It's a nice looking car, all the features I would like and plenty of power for me. I have never liked SUV's but I have always liked repurposed wagons, from the AMC Eagle, right through the Subaru Outback, Volvo XC70 and Holden Adventra.

It is better looking than the current Outback, Skoda Scout, and even the Volvo.

But could I bring myself to buy another GM vehicle ? I doubt it.
    I think it would have been a great compliment to the VF Commodore range, just not great as part of a replacement range.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member BBDOS CV8's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Holden Monaro (Barbados)

Just when everyone else is eschewing n/a V6s for a turbo four, GM brings out a n/a V6, in a car which will not appeal to traditional Commodore buyers. A pricey AWD V6 is just plain silly. Commodore V6 buyers want a RWD car that can tow itself and seats five people - not four and a half. They're not paying Calais money for a 'Commodore'.

Probably for similar money to the outgoing V8 Calais V or SS-V. I can't see wagon buyers being interested, nor SUV buyers - too much money for one, too limited for the other and too low. Adventras are valued by people who own them, given the youngest ones around today are ten years old and being looked after. They are a pretty serious bit of AWD kit, being RWD-based and quite strong with virtually a Silverado driveline, rated to tow 2200kg which makes them a handy device for weekends away towing a watercraft or a trailer full of dirtbikes. What is this going to tow, with a light-duty torque-managed east-west powertrain?

I reckon it'll make up 5-10% of NG sales. Which means, probably 5-10 a month.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 series Captiva LX diesel

Quote Originally Posted by BBDOS CV8 View Post
    Just when everyone else is eschewing n/a V6s for a turbo four, GM brings out a n/a V6, in a car which will not appeal to traditional Commodore buyers. A pricey AWD V6 is just plain silly. Commodore V6 buyers want a RWD car that can tow itself and seats five people - not four and a half. They're not paying Calais money for a 'Commodore'.

Probably for similar money to the outgoing V8 Calais V or SS-V. I can't see wagon buyers being interested, nor SUV buyers - too much money for one, too limited for the other and too low. Adventras are valued by people who own them, given the youngest ones around today are ten years old and being looked after. They are a pretty serious bit of AWD kit, being RWD-based and quite strong with virtually a Silverado driveline, rated to tow 2200kg which makes them a handy device for weekends away towing a watercraft or a trailer full of dirtbikes. What is this going to tow, with a light-duty torque-managed east-west powertrain?

I reckon it'll make up 5-10% of NG sales. Which means, probably 5-10 a month.
    I've said it more then once more like probably a dozen times if they had made a VE or VF Adventra I'd be driving one now instead of the Captiva, this one doesn't interest me I wanted a VE Adventra for a couple of reason AWD, plenty of room and a V8 under the bonnet.
    As things are shaping up now my next car is probably going to be a Kia, I've driven lots of Kia's this year and the wife has loved all them I have brought home so far.
    Last edited by BBDOS CV8; 04-10-2017 at 03:10 AM.
    Look out I'm on twitter kts350
    3 on The Tree is back home Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC carisi2k9's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 VE Sportswagon

Diesel is dead.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,352 Times in 1,814 Posts
    My Ride
    VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by carisi2k9 View Post
    Diesel is dead.
    With apologies to Mark Twain “The reports of (my) diesel's death are greatly exaggerated.”

Euro 6 diesels WITH Adblue/DEF are accepted as being CLEANER than Euro 6 petrol/gasoline - in a Euro 6 diesel with Adblue/DEF diesel, PMs are dealt with in the DPF, NOx is dealt with in the SCR and CO2 is LOWER than petrol/gasoline - future petrol/gasoline engine with need DPFs as direct injection increases them greatly.

Diesel cars are dead in the USA, there never was the cost advantage there due to low fuel taxation, and dieselgate has killed off what little chance it had there.

Diesel AND petrol/gasoline cars are dying in European cities where the city's other pollutants causes temperature inversion which prevents atmospheric processing of NOx and PMs.

Diesel will continue to thrive in the rest of Europe simply because of it's lower CO2, and better fuel consumption. Outside European cities, diesel will still be king over petrol/diesel and EVs outside cities are still decades away due to range and recharge time issues.

I don't know how Australia sees diesel cars, probably like the Americans who think they should be in trucks with a big V8 petrol/gasoline engine for cars.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,006 Times in 1,299 Posts
    My Ride
    MY16 Holden Colorado LS-X Man

Diesel is slightly cheaper than petrol where I am and gets me further on a tank than a petrol engine would

Its far from dead
    Who the hell approved this abomination? Hidden Content

I bet it was some dumbarse in Detroit Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC AnotherSteve's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    The ute's gone. Something Germ

Quote Originally Posted by carisi2k9 View Post
    Diesel is dead.
    Tell that to the Hilux buyers...
    Life is too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine

Thanks
    My Ride
    I think the statement that diesel is dead, is just as presumptive as the TourerX (or whatever) is the wrong product. I would expect that Holden will reconsider after they've seen the mix among the lower models.

21. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information