Tokyo 2013: Mitsubishi XR-PHEV, GC-PHEV, and AR Concepts

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tokyo 2013: Mitsubishi XR-PHEV, GC-PHEV, and AR Concepts

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus

Tokyo 2013: Mitsubishi XR-PHEV, GC-PHEV, and AR Concepts

Mitsubishi reveals three concepts for Tokyo Motor Show
    By Adrian Padeanu
    WCF

Following a teaser released in October, Mitsubishi has revealed its trio of concepts scheduled to make an appearance later this month at Tokyo Motor Show.

First up it's the rather unattractive GC-PHEV (Grand Cruiser) representing Mitsubishi's vision of a next-gen full-size SUVfeaturing a full-time four-wheel drive system. The vehicle adopts a plug-in hybrid arrangement with a V6 3.0-liter supercharged engine working together with a high-output motor, an 8-speed automatic gearbox and a high-capacity battery.

The XR-PHEV (Cross Runner) previews a future compact SUV powered by a small direct-injection 1.1-liter turbocharged engine and a high-efficiency motor coupled to a high-capacity electric motor.

Have sales for GM not seen in Hidden Content ? Hidden Content

Go Tigers!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Re: Tokyo 2013: Mitsubishi XR-PHEV, GC-PHEV, and AR Concepts

From left to right I see a Nissan, a Land Rover, and a Lexus.....

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 MyImpalaSS's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2010 Impala SS(Black on Black)

Quote Originally Posted by spd98 View Post
    From left to right I see a straight face, a sad face and a happy face.
    Current Cars:
    2010 Black Impala SS(my baby)
    2009 Gold Yukon Denali(wife drives it)
    2010 Black Hummer H3 Alpha(for my off-roading pleasure
    )

GM 4 LIFE!!!
    Nobody else does it better

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MyImpalaSS View Post

I somehow dont think these concepts are going to save Mitsubishi.
    Current Rides: 2007 Yukon Denali, 2010 BMW 335i xDrive , 1969 Chevelle Malibu, 1969 Chevy C20 (Current Project), 1977 Chevy K20 (Future Project)
    Hidden Content

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) johnstarnes's Avatar
    Thanks

The red one looks interesting. I look forward to clear pics of all three.
    "The only normal people are the ones you don't know well". unknown

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS3 V8 johnny smallblock's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1972 Cutlass Supreme

Wait, Mitsubishi is still in business???
    Current Hidden Content
    2013 Chevy Spark
    2010 Honda Odyssey
    1972 Cutlass Supreme

R.I.P. Hidden Content
    2006 Ford Escape Hybrid (given to my brother)
    1999 Honda Elite (stolen)
    1996 Caprice LT1 (donated when gas hit $4)
    1996 Honda Elite (wrecked in a wipeout)
    1995 Honda Civic (T-boned by a police car)
    1986 Plymouth Colt Vista (died)
    1978 Chevy Mailbu (sold)

Banned
    Thanks

These cars and SUVs are going to make that $70,000 FWD, solid axle ELR looks like an overpriced POS, Guberment Motor money grab.

Seems like GM competitors are going to start making real plugin cars with full time AWD/RWD long before GM will. These things are going to make FWD Voltec obsolete. If not the Asians, the Bavarians will get the job done. And once again GM will be at its usual spot: the sidelines.

Wake up GM. Stop making FWD crap boxes. The only place for them is in cars sub $20K, and may be the size of a Mini. A $70,000 FWD coupe, w/o a multi link suspension is like taking PH41l! to a whole new low.

This wouldn't be the first time GM caught on something good and fail to keep up with times. May be it's the short sighted pursuit of high profit margin & quarterly earning or may be it's irrational fear of product cannibalization or something else. Regardless many American companies seem to suffer from this poor habit. Remember Kodak, how they had the digital CMOS technology decades before their competitors. Yeah where're they now... Btw Sony is still around and kicking even though they're late. Somehow through hubris and sheer arrogance the first became last.
    Last edited by st.clouds; 11-01-2013 at 12:22 PM.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by st.clouds View Post
    These cars and SUVs are going to make that $70,000 FWD, solid axle ELR looks like an overpriced POS, Guberment Motor money grab.

Seems like GM competitors are going to start making real plugin cars with full time AWD/RWD long before GM will. These things are going to make FWD Voltec obsolete. If not the Asians, the Bavarians will get the job done. And once again GM will be at its usual spot: the sidelines.
    Don't hold your breath...

Thanks

They look Chinese.

Not that that's a bad thing. They look overly expressive from what I've come to expect from Mitsubishi, given their bland new Outlander, Outlander Sport, and Peugeot-knock-off Mirage.

Thanks

I like the red one.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,335 Times in 4,568 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Wake up GM. Stop making FWD crap boxes. The only place for them is in cars sub $20K, and may be the size of a Mini. A $70,000 FWD coupe, w/o a multi link suspension is like taking PH41l! to a whole new low.

This wouldn't be the first time GM caught on something good and fail to keep up with times. May be it's the short sighted pursuit of high profit margin & quarterly earning or may be it's irrational fear of product cannibalization or something else. Regardless many American companies seem to suffer from this poor habit. Remember Kodak, how they had the digital CMOS technology decades before their competitors. Yeah where're they now... Btw Sony is still around and kicking even though they're late. Somehow through hubris and sheer arrogance the first became last.
    You need to re-think your writing style. You are on a GM fan website and you appear to be anything but a GM fan and with inflammatory posts like you normally make you are probably on the soon to be banned list.

Let me re-write your post in a somewhat more constructive way:

These concept cars are pretty sharp looking and sound like they have great technology, though I understand they are concepts and might be nothing but vaporware. But if they strongly indicate what the actual production cars will be, GM needs to watch out.

My greatest concern is that in the past GM has been early to the game and not capitalized on it while others take over the segment.

And that is all you needed to say.

Also your Kodak to Sony analogy is not a good analogy, Sony is not a healthy company for many reasons. And how can you make statements like that when GM has been bringing out many very well received new vehicles? And I also think GM's management sort of noticed the whole bankruptcy thing and are realigning the company.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Your hilarious, especially considering these are still just drawings.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,749 Times in 2,430 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by spd98 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MyImpalaSS View Post
    Love it! I see the same thing, then I see the next stars in a Cars movie.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 PontiacBixler's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe

st.clouds makes a couple valid points in his rant guys...

GM does seem to miss the mark at times that the Germans and Asian manufacturers seem to hit.
    When GM does hit the mark it tends to be late to the party and gets caught holding the bar bill.

My personal opinion is that if GM was as serious about Voltec as they want everyone to think they are, then we would have had more diverse models out by now helping to earn back the R&D investment from the original Volt paving the way for Voltec II.

He is entitled to his opinion on this site as much as anyone else.
    What is happening to the GM that grew up with for these many decades? If I could I would institute a hostile take over and kick the entire board and executives out and fill the positions with creative minds under the age of 35.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,901 Times in 1,348 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

to me the Concept AR (green one) looks to be aimed at the BMW i3 and IMHO if priced right could find a market in GLOBAL cities and some sales in the USA market
    the big Grand tourer SUV IMHO looks to be a miss globally and to conservative / "truckie" for American tastes
    and the XR could get some of the JUKE buyers looking but the JUKE sells on its "sporty drive" where this IMHO is selling on "ECO tech"

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information