GM Inside News Forum banner

TMS: Honda Unveils EV-STER Electric Sports Convertible Concept

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  nand.girnar 
#1 ·
Honda Unveils EV-STER Electric Sports Convertible Concept: 2011 Tokyo Motor Show
Green Car Reports
November 30, 2011
by Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

It’s been nearly three weeks since Honda told us it would be premiering a small sports electric concept car at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show. True to its promise, Honda has just unveiled what it calls the EV-STER electric sports concept on the show’s first press day.

With an unmistakably Honda front grille and rear quarter panels reminiscent of the euro-specification 2012 Honda Civic hatchback, the EV-STER measures just under 12 feet in length, 5 feet wide, and 3.5 feet high.

In true concept car style, the EV-STER features fully performance settings, allowing the driver to power curve, motor output and suspension to their tastes to give the best possible driving experience.

With a top speed of just 100 miles per hour, the EV-STER takes 5 seconds to reach 37 miles per hour, meaning it would struggle to win a stop-light dash with some of the other sporty electric concepts we’ve seen this year.

In its defense however, the EV-STER is a rear-wheel drive car, following the lightweight rear-wheel sports car formula that Honda perfected with the much-missed S2000. As a consequence, the EV-STER should drive beautifully -- but we just wish it was a little quicker.

Full article at link.

See less See more
#5 ·
I know I sound negative sometimes, but it almost looks like a photoshopped CTS Coupe on the driver's side, with a few unique bits thrown in, IMO. I like the idea of an electric sports car, but it doesn't sound like this one really excels at anything. It succeeds at making me think battery technology has hit a brick wall, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.