NAIAS 09: 2010 Cadillac SRX

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NAIAS 09: 2010 Cadillac SRX

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

After months of teasing...we see the whole SRX.
    www.gminsidenews.com
    January 4, 2009

Short Take: Cadillac's latest version of the SRX luxury crossover has LOTS of changes to it. This new SRX is based on the new TE (Theta-Epsilon) platform; which is not the same one underpinning the Equinox or Vue! This new luxury crossover platform is front-wheel drive based (a first for the SRX) with optional AWD and an Electronic Limited Slip Differential. Read on for all the details.

Specifications

Trims: FWD, AWD

Engines/Transmissions:
    3.0L VVT E85 Capable High-Feature V6 with direct-injection: 260 HP/221 lb.ft. (6T70 6-speed transmission)
    2.8L Turbocharged High-Feature V6: 300 HP/295 lb.-ft. (Aisin AF40 6-speed automatic) [Premium Fuel Required]

Fuel Economy:
    **Not Yet Released**

Features:

• Bluetooth
    • Reverse Sensing System
    • Push-Button Start
    • Pop-Up Navigation System
    • Adjustable Power Liftgate
    • 18" and 20" Wheels
    • Electronic Parking Brake
    • eLSD with AWD
    • Illuminating Door Sill Plates (when door is opened)
    • ECOMode (driver selectable)
    • Oversized Sunroof
    • Adaptive Forward Lighting (with HID)
    • Integrated Hard Drive
    • Adaptive Cruise Control
    • ...and more

Distinctive design and craftsmanship

“Cadillac is known for bold design. The 2010 SRX Crossover builds on that reputation,” said Clay Dean, Cadillac global design director. “As with the 2008 CTS, we advanced our Art and Science design to create a crossover for style-conscious customers. The exterior features a dramatic diving gesture on the body side to impart the feeling of movement, even at rest.”

A multi-piece shield grille and Cadillac’s iconic vertical headlamps – with light pipe technology and available adaptive forward lighting – are the face of the SRX. They blend into a tightly wrapped, sweeping body that tapers downward at the rear, giving the vehicle a sporty profile, Dean said.

The SRX features a wide stance, minimal overhang and wheels pushed to corners. Eighteen-inch wheels are standard and 20-inch wheels are offered. A bold accent line dives across the body side and culminates at a chrome front fender vent that incorporates a side marker lamp. An integrated spoiler on the rearward edge of the roof extends the sleek lines and improves aerodynamics.

“Inside the new SRX, technical precision blends with old-world craftsmanship,” Dean said. “Hand-cut-and-sewn coverings on the instrument panel and ambient lighting details convey a finely tailored cabin.”

An integrated center stack houses controls for climate and audio systems, while the navigation system rises from the center of the instrument panel. A signature example of the SRX’s attention to detail is the Cadillac script logos in the front door sill plates that illuminate when the doors are opened.

Advanced technology and entertainment systems

The 2010 SRX features numerous advanced electronic systems. Highlights include a “pop-up” navigation screen with three-dimensional imaging; adaptive forward lighting that swivels the headlamps in synch with vehicle steering; power liftgate with adjustable height setting; integrated hard disc drive for audio storage and a dual-screen system for rear entertainment.

Bluetooth compatibility is standard, as is OnStar’s turn-by-turn navigation service for buyers who do not select the car’s navigation system option.

Efficient performance

The SRX is powered by a new, fuel-efficient direct injected 3.0L V-6 that delivers an estimated 260 horsepower (193 kW) and is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. Direct injection results in more power, better fuel economy and lower emissions, all will a smaller-displacement package. As a result, the new V-6 engine is expected to raise the SRX’s standard power rating by 5 horsepower, while achieving an estimated 1 0-15-percent fuel economy improvement.

The 3.0L direct injection V-6 is a smaller-displacement version of the 3.6L, direct injection engine featured in the CTS sport sedan and named one of the world’s 10 Best Engines for 2009 by Ward’s Automotive. Along with direct injection technology, the 3.0L engine employs variable valve timing to optimize power and fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.

The Hydra-Matic 6T70 six-speed automatic transmission helps save fuel by lowering the engine’s rpm at constant highway speeds, while manual shift control enables greater driver interaction when desired. The new SRX includes a driver-selectable “eco mode” that alters transmission shift points to maximize fuel economy.

“The 2010 SRX will deliver excellent, balanced driving dynamics in all types of weather,” said Bob Reuter, global vehicle chief engineer. “The all-wheel-drive system with electronic limited slip effectively transfers torque not only from front to rear, but also along the rear axle. This system sets a new benchmark for all all-wheel-drive systems, giving the driver control and confidence on any road surface.”

Traction control is taken a step further on AWD models with the rear eLSD. In icy or wet conditions, the system can transfer up to 100 percent of torque to the wheel that has more grip. The eLSD also gives the driver enhanced control when cornering hard or completing a high-speed maneuver, such as a lane change, by momentarily applying more or less torque to either of the wheels to help the rear of the vehicle more closely follow the direction of the front wheels.

The suspension includes a real-time damping system in conjunction with AWD that adjusts shock damping rates in response to road conditions for a smooth ride quality.

Enhanced safety

SRX’s safety features are designed to protect occupants before, during and after a crash. A strong body structure and chassis that absorbs crash energy is complemented by the use of martensitic steel in the fully enclosed rocker sections. Martensitic steel is one of the strongest available and its use in the rockers helps protect against intrusion during a side-impact crash, while also maintaining the structure during front and rear crashes.

Additional safety features include standard head curtain side air bags, standard front seat-mounted pelvic/thorax side air bags, front safety belts with dual pretensioners and load limiters, rollover mitigation sensors, a pedal release system, trailer stability assist and OnStar.

The SRX was also designed to meet European pedestrian protection standards; and the front bumper is positioned for greater compatibility with car bumpers.

Production begins in the second quarter of 2009, with dealer availability shortly thereafter.

Last edited by nsap; 01-11-2009 at 01:52 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus
    Is that all the pictures?

Does anyone know why they decided to make it have its own platform?
    Last edited by ChevyRules; 01-03-2009 at 11:04 PM. Reason: You have an edit button for a reason
    Have sales for GM not seen in Hidden Content ? Hidden Content

Go Tigers!!!

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: NAIAS 09: 2010 Cadillac SRX

Looks beautiful!

Though, I was wishing for the new Lacrosse...
    Current: 2014 Cadillac CTS. Black Diamond Tri-Coat. 2.0T.

The Standard of the World

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 CamaroCrazy's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Twin Turbo Caddy

Wow! The turbo 2.8? I didn't see that one coming!

This is a true top-notch competitor in this segment. Looks and sounds fantastic.

I love the current SRX, and this one clearly looks to exceed and build on its reputation.
    Current Cars:
    2016 GMC Acadia Denali
    2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport Premium
    1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Past Cars:
    1974 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, 1984 Chevrolet Impala, 1998 Pontiac Grand Am, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro, 2007 Ford Explorer, 2007 BMW 335i

De gustibus non est disputandum

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

This isn't exactly big news, and arts and science is getting old fast, but I do like what I see. And I wouldn't mind one at all if it was priced right.

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,453 Times in 1,324 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

Very nice! Looks better in these pictures than the first set.
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
    2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ChevyRules's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Saturn Aura XR

Quote Originally Posted by ausrutherford View Post
    Is that all the pictures?

Does anyone know why they decided to make it have its own platform?
    The 9-4x also shares the TE platform with the SRX.

Thanks

very cool!

is this much bigger than the vue? is this like an rdx size wise or more like mdx?
    will the turbo 2.8 find his way into other cars? *cough-camaro-cough*

good job gm

Thanks

Is Saab still going to have a version?

This one is too over the top for me.I could go for a Saab or Saturn version if Saab is sold.

Interior is too dull for over styled out.
    Last edited by The Law; 01-03-2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: added
    Iraq War Vet 2003-2004

Wanted: (GM Holden)([[COLOR=Silver] to produce the best damn Caddy!

Waiting for 2'1? Cadillac Alpha

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 968 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

I'm not into CUV's but this one looks dam good. I believe Cadillac will have a winner on its hands.

I don't see the logic in a 2.8 liter turbo 300hp motor though. Wouldn't it have just made more sense to install the 3.6 liter DI 300hp motor ?

JMO

JB
    Last edited by JBsZ06; 01-03-2009 at 11:10 PM.
    2008 black c6 corvette z51 m6 on black c7 z51 19/20s and 2018 Bright red alfa stelvio ti sport on 20 s with sport seats

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 StormHunter77's Avatar
    Thanks

I waited until midnight to see a car I have already seen on this forum. At least we got to see the inside too. Looks amazing. I think the Equinox wins on exterior looks however. Overall, I am very impressed with General Motors circa 2009 so far.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 fp115's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice to see my patent being put to good use!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
    The 9-4x also shares the TE platform with the SRX.
    k thanks, I was worried that it was just for this car and nothing else.
    Have sales for GM not seen in Hidden Content ? Hidden Content

Go Tigers!!!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Gm786's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Future Car Panamera GTS

WOW! Very very nice!

You gotta love this interior!

I wonder what Magescuro has to say abut the new SRX?? Probably something negative as usual.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information