Geneva 2013: ItalDesign Giugiaro Parcour is a rough-and-tumble Lamborghini Gallardo

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Geneva 2013: ItalDesign Giugiaro Parcour is a rough-and-tumble Lamborghini Gallardo

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Geneva 2013: ItalDesign Giugiaro Parcour is a rough-and-tumble Lamborghini Gallardo

ItalDesign Giugiaro Parcour is a rough-and-tumble Lamborghini Gallardo
    Autoblog
    March 4, 2013
    by Jeremy Korzeniewski

The Volkswagen Group had one final trick up its sleeve to unveil at the Geneva Motor Show, a daring concept car from ItalDesign Giugiaro called the Parcour. We're thinking this one is going to be controversial, but that's fine by us – a little conceptual shake-up never hurt anybody.

From what we can tell, the Parcour is a rough-road-ready take on the Lamborghini Gallardo, with a mid-mounted 5.2-liter V10 engine sending 550 horsepower to all four wheels. The version shown at VW's pre-show event is a hardtop coupe, but the design house has also created a roadster that you can see in the gallery below.

According to ItalDesign Giugiaro, the Parcour weighs in at around 3,400 pounds is capable of a 0 to 62 run of 3.6 seconds and it boasts a top speed of around 200 miles per hour. Ride height is adjustable from the cabin, ranging from 8.2 inches all the way up to 13 inches. A kind of terrain dial can be used inside with settings for Comfort, Off-Road, Ice and Track modes.

Full article, images, and press release available at link.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    1987 Chevrolet R10

Re: Geneva 2013: ItalDesign Giugiaro Parcour is a rough-and-tumble Lamborghini Gallar

That is AWESOME!

I found something new to want.

In the sea of new automotive faces,
    there's nothing like the appreciation and beauty of an older model. Let's represent!

~ZvetteGuy

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 dreadnaught1181's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Geneva 2013: ItalDesign Giugiaro Parcour is a rough-and-tumble Lamborghini Gallar

I like it.

I see a strong resemblance to the Lancia Stratos with the wedge front end, the air intakes behind the doors, and the short overall length.

Would be fun watching a production version of this running in the WRC. Welcome back, Group B!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

News Contributor Premium Member EJD1984's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,148 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra

It looks like a modern melding of various 1960s muscle cars into one vehicle. Camaro + Mustang + AMX + Barracuda.

I really like it.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus

Italdesign makes better Lambos than Lambo.
    Have sales for GM not seen in Hidden Content ? Hidden Content

Go Tigers!!!

Thanks
    My Ride
    2010 Buick LaCrosse

That is pretty cool, and the "rough and tumble" in the title is very fitting, as it looks like one of those RC cars that does flips.
    Hidden Content
    Present Ride: 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS: 80,000 Miles

Past Rides:
    2002 Buick Park Avenue: 224,600 Miles
    1996 Buick Riviera: 188,800 Miles
    1995 Pontiac Trans Sport: 210,000 Miles

Buick, The American Riviera.
    Updated: 12-6-2017

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

Great -it is a little different but not so far that it couldn't be a production vehicle. GM please note -show cars in colours that stand out! I see Stratos in the roof and for some reason I think there is a bit of Mangusta in their too.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    11:Silv 11:Cruze 94:Sub 85:442

If you take that from the hood forward, this gives me an insight into what a 1971 Plymouth RoadRunner would look like fast-forwarded to today !

It has the quad headlights, here offset to the top. Grille is a similar shape and even the lower panel wraps back like the original did. Even the gray panels on the hood would be where the 383 or 440 labels would go.

If it had a couple of round fog lights inset under the grille...

Beep! Beep!

Quote Originally Posted by EJD1984 View Post
    It looks like a modern melding of various 1960s muscle cars into one vehicle. Camaro + Mustang + AMX + Barracuda.

I really like it.
    Exactly!!
    Last edited by PositiveAboutGM; 03-04-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    Hidden Content - Preserving the history of the companies and products that advanced the computer revolution ... Hidden Content - Random thoughts

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Accord Coupe' V6 6spd

Whoa! Now I have to add this to the want list!

Probably want a bajillion dollars for it too and probably *Europe only*(TM).

Thanks
    My Ride
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 2014 White

It is awesome.. I love it.. I wish Chevy had something like that...

I know they had that concept years ago.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

This is the direct competition for cars like the Ferrari FF, and the upcoming Spyker D8 Peking to Paris production car.

I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information