VW Group profits up

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: VW Group profits up

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,816 Posts
    My Ride
    VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI

VW Group profits up

VW Group increased it's profits by 18.7% in the first half of 2017, compared to the first half of 2016 - up from €7.5 billion to €8.9 billion

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/i...elgate-scandal

Dieselgate crisis - what crisis?
    Last edited by Ruperts Trooper; 07-27-2017 at 09:39 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 7,992 Times in 4,004 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Re: VW Group profits up

While I have been fascinated by this, I do agree that the general public doesn't care.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 1,212 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    While I have been fascinated by this, I do agree that the general public doesn't care.
    I also assume the "revelation" that everybody is CHEATING so in scale VW is NOT BAD compared to the competition

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,816 Posts
    My Ride
    VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by richmond2000 View Post
    I also assume the "revelation" that everybody is CHEATING so in scale VW is NOT BAD compared to the competition
    That's been the sentiment virtually all the way through in Europe - the publicity given to the issue in the US was the first that Europeans generally had heard of it, easily reassured by VW Group claiming it only affected US models - that triggered the revelation in Europe that atmospheric NOx levels hadn't reduced despite the introduction of Euro 5.

Independent tests on a small selection of vehicles showed that most exceeded the NOx limit by a multiple factor, with some exceeding by 40x (GM Vauxhall Zafira) and triggered the introduction of the new WLTP-RDE test to replace the EU-NEDC test which was shown to be "not fit for purpose" - while it became clear that VW Group did have a "case to answer" in Europe, several other brands also had the finger pointed at them about the way their vehicles acted when not being tested - Mercedes-Benz, Fiat, Opel/Vauxhall which diluted the case against VW.

There's also a feeling in Europe that VW are being hounded out of the US which does seem to get them some sympathy at "home".

I'd placed the factory-order for my VW Touareg TDi a couple of weeks before "dieselgate" broke so I sat on the fence for a couple of months and then decided to go ahead with the purchase - I've just helped my son get a Skoda Octavia TDi - both are Euro 6 so the best available.

In Europe, we have bigger issues like the politicians going headlong down the EV route!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruperts Trooper For This Useful Post:

richmond2000 (07-28-2017)

Thanks

The fact they broke the law, lied to the consumers and then lied to investigators is a separate issue than the public being oblivious, apathetic and unconcerned.

It's kind of what the public does now.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information