Volvo 90 Series

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Volvo 90 Series

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 calgaryhhr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Chevy HHR 09 Ford Flex Ltd

Volvo 90 Series

I couldn't find out whether or not this had been discussed already because the search option seems to suck on the AutoGuide app.

I had an opportunity to check out a pre production version of Volvo's new XC90. I have either been living under a rock or just haven't been paying attention because I had no idea that Volvo was introducing a new vehicle. I was very impressed by the New XC90. I'm not a fan of SUVs in general because I find that they don't offer much in terms of styling. The new Volvo had a great presence though and styling that was very attractive from every angle.

In my opinion, Volvo has always made some of the best interiors and the new XC90 will be an industry leader. There was not a single thing I could fault during my short experience with it. Volvo has finally gone away from the mass of buttons and the silly number pad and installed a very large (it was over 10 inch I believe) touch screen. The interface was very good and most importantly it was the quickest and most responsive touch screen I have experienced in a car.

As much as I liked the XC90 I won't be a consumer of it at this point. The good news for me is that the Volvo product guy that I spoke with confirmed that a true wagon version of the 90 (V90) should be arriving in about 18 months following the S90. The V90 will certainly be a vehicle that will be high on my want list.

Volvo is going to have a really stellar set of products with the new XC90, S90 and V90.
    Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 8,739 Times in 5,632 Posts

Re: Volvo 90 Series

Did they give any indication of when we would see the S90 and a new S60?

I'd be into a Volvo, plus my mom needs a new car in about a year and a half or so.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 calgaryhhr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Chevy HHR 09 Ford Flex Ltd

S90 in about a year. V90 shortly after that. I don't know anything about a new S60 because we didn't discuss it. I did check out a V60 Polestar and I love the front seats they have in that vehicle. They are so well bolstered and do an amazing job of providing support.

Those time frames might be a little shorter for you Yanks because we were talking about Canadian availability and the US models always arrive well before the Canadian ones.
    Last edited by calgaryhhr; 03-14-2015 at 09:42 AM.
    Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryhhr For This Useful Post:

sfbreh (03-17-2015)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

CJH
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 885 Posts
    My Ride
    Audi S4, Merc GL

Thanks for your feedback. I am looking forward to checking out the XC90, when it starts arriving in the States. It should be arriving right about the time I will start looking for a new SUV. I really like the design, but have quality concerns for first run model year (where EVERYTHING is new) and just not sure if its big enough for my needs. The interior looks fantastic from the photos.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information