Today Mercedes has unveiled its new E-Class Coupe and Cabriolet

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today Mercedes has unveiled its new E-Class Coupe and Cabriolet

Thanks

by Andoniscars

Stuttgart – Like the Saloon and Estate models, Mercedes-Benz has completely revised the Coupé and Cabriolet members of the E-Class family. New additions include powerful and efficient BlueDIRECT four-cylinder engines featuring pioneering injection technology and trend-setting assistance systems, which come under the heading "Intelligent drive". These are systems which can help to prevent accidents with crossing vehicles or pedestrians, Active Lane Keeping Assist or anti-glare, permanent high-beam headlamps, for example. Visually, both the Coupé and Cabriolet draw on the new Mercedes-Benz design idiom. Exclusive, luxurious equipment for sublime refinement underlines the close affinity with the E-Class family.

The classic Coupé and the four-seater Cabriolet of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class are amongst the most desirable vehicles at the higher end of the mid-class segment. By combining intelligent, efficient technology with luxurious equipment that offers superb comfort, neither model comprises when it comes to indulging a passion for superlative driving enjoyment. That is why they are regarded as highlights of the successful E-Class family. The design of the exterior and interior alike is fresh and sharp, as befits many of the stand-out new technical aspects.
    According to Dr Joachim Schmidt, member of the Management Board of Mercedes-Benz Cars and responsible for Sales and Marketing, "Three words sum up both the E-Class Coupé and the four-seater Cabriolet model: captivating, athletic, passionate. It is especially pleasing that the two vehicles also incorporate the most intelligent technology ever. This makes them true dream cars."

Coupe Wallpaper Gallery
    Full Press Release + Cabrio Wallpaper Gallery
    Video

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 8,742 Times in 5,634 Posts

Re: Today Mercedes has unveiled its new E-Class Coupe and Cabriolet

Looks good, but it reminds me too much of an Accord coupe.

I dig the vert, though.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 2,104 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Great. As if my dad needed another reason to push me towards buying one!! I wish he'd just quit doing that. He should go buy one for himself.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 1,933 Posts

Meh.

Way over designed. The sculpting along the body sides are almost comically retro. The front end looks like a vulgar, JC Whitney Catalog customization with the circus-like LED dispalys.

A Lottery winners dream.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar donmateo's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Impala LTZ, '82 K10

I think BMWs and the new Benzs are very feminine looking. Not liking it too much.
    Hey, you gotta watch that man...He'll go coastal on ya

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro View Post
    Great. As if my dad needed another reason to push me towards buying one!! I wish he'd just quit doing that. He should go buy one for himself.
    Your E-Class is only three years old and he's pushing you to buy a two door? Eesh. :p

"Permanent high-beam headlamps"? What? I can only assume those are automatic high beams that will switch off with the detection of other light sources.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro View Post

not my type of car either...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donmateo View Post
    I think BMWs and the new Benzs are very feminine looking. Not liking it too much.
    hope Caddy won't get feminine looking for China sales...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    Meh.

Way over designed. The sculpting along the body sides are almost comically retro. The front end looks like a vulgar, JC Whitney Catalog customization with the circus-like LED dispalys.

A Lottery winners dream.
    comically retro...i agree.

Thanks

Meh.

Way over designed. The sculpting along the body sides are almost comically retro. The front end looks like a vulgar, JC Whitney Catalog customization with the circus-like LED displays.

A Lottery winners dream.
    I totally agree it seems way over styled to me plus the interior is so early 2000's they just haven't pushed forward like Audi with interiors. Also Benz changes their designs to often now. Maybe a tweak here or there but the keep changing them to often that just gets on my nerves like they are trying to get you to keep upgrading.
    Last edited by rueben44; 01-04-2013 at 03:17 PM.
    2012 Hyundai Veloster
    2008 Ford F150 Regular Cab
    Future car: Cadillac ELR or Tesla Model S

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

It seems like the current trend in the industry is to make the front as radical as possible and the rear as bland as possible.

Thanks

Did they get rid of that awkward little window that didn't do anything by the C-pillar?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 1,933 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rueben44 View Post
    I totally agree it seems way over styled to me plus the interior is so early 2000's they just haven't pushed forward like Audi with interiors. Also Benz changes their designs to often now. Maybe a tweak here or there but the keep changing them to often that just gets on my nerves like they are trying to get you to keep upgrading.
    I think I've said this before, but the design ethos of Daimler Benz today must have the designers that earned it its lofty place in the Pantheon of automakers rolling in their graves.

Mercedes has gone from "Form Follows Function."

to: "It's Not Done 'Til It's Overdone."

There was a time when a Mercedes had a look of "Established Wealth". Now they're overtly Nouveau Riche. Self-concioously decorative in the very same way American cars were from the 50's until the 80's.
    Last edited by megeebee; 01-04-2013 at 05:27 PM.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

They got rid of the rear quarter panel detail which is one of the few things that made the car notable aesthetically. I wonder if one must still pay quite a bit extra to actually have seats covered with a bovine derived material?
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

I think I've said this before, but the design ethos of Daimler Benz today must have the designers that earned it its lofty place in the Pantheon of automakers rolling in their graves.

Mercedes has gone from "Form Follows Function."

to: "It's Not Done 'Til It's Overdone."

There was a time when a Mercedes had a look of "Established Wealth". Now they're overtly Nouveau Riche. Self-concioously decorative in the very same way American cars were from the 50's until the 80's.
    I would absolutely love to interview a certain Mr. Bruno Sacco as to his opinion on the quite baroque Nouveau Riche styling direction of MB. When did MB decide that their position was to directly compete with Cadillac in the area of in your face , and quite unapologetic design?
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information