***Taufkirchner Classic Car Show*** Part 1

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: ***Taufkirchner Classic Car Show*** Part 1

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 cawimmer430's Avatar
    Thanks

***Taufkirchner Classic Car Show*** Part 1

So, last Sunday I went to Taufkirchen to attend a classic car show. I took 268 pictures so I will display all of them in 3-4 parts. This is the first one. Enjoy.

Oh, and here's the Imagestation album: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2101807907

Cadillac DeVille with ****************ty rims. Such a shame, I love this PIMP ride.

DAF: Dutch truck company that did a stint in cars sometime in the '60s and '70s I believe.

Mercedes 280S (W108). This is the carburated version with 140-horsepower. A beauty. Anyone have $100,000 to lend me?

Mercedes 240D (W123). The best Mercedes ever made, I love the W123 range. This was a 240D!

Goggomobil: Love these, they're so adorable!

BMW Isetta

Need help identifying this Bugatti. What model is it?

Mercedes 190D (W110 D Type I). There were a lot of Fintails and Ponton's here, and they were all 190D's! Must be a testimony to their longlivity.

Classic Bentley's. The one in the foreground came all the way from the UK!

Triumph TR-7: I remember one automotive journalist who tore this thing apart in an old review. He said: "If this car is a Triumph, imagine what a Failure would be."

Land Rover Defender Series III

Classic BMW Motorcycle

The British car section. Lot's of British cars were here at this show. Quite a few Brits down here too! They came all the way from the little island to some Godforsaken town in provincial Bavaria! :P

Jaguar E-Type Convertible

Mercedes 170S and your utilitarian 170D next to it. The 170S has the chrome stripes on the hood and was the "E-Class" of the period (like an E350) while your 170D was the modern-day equivalent of a E220 CDI.

Plymouth

Stretchlimo Cadillac DeVille

VW Karmann Ghia's

R107 Mercedes 350SL next to a 230SL "Pagoda". The 350SL has a 200-hp 3.5-l V8 and is equipped with the rare 4-speed manual transmission.

Opel Manta B1: Now I know why this car was the butt of jokes. Looks terrible...

Fiat 500's

Handsome BMW 635CSi I believe, or 630i, didn't check the rear.

DKW Junior

Wartburg 331 and Wartburg something: East German car. God bless Communism! :rockon:

Porsche Carrera from the 1980s. Hate the color though.

Buick Le Sabre Convertible. This thing was hot!

Typical Bavarians. Wandering around aimlessly with a beer in their hand. :lol:

Triumph TR4A

BMW 3-Series in poor condition. Dents and a broken bumper. Interior ashtray was overflowing. This guy should have been ashamed....

Peugeot 504 I believe. Designed by Pininfarina.

Fiat 500 & BMW Isetta Taxi. Isetta's were used as taxi's in Munich capable of only transporting one passenger. Check out the last pic of how the owner gets out of the thing. 12.5-hp 1-cylinder engine! THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!

Aaaaah! Heart-attack: It's just so gorgeous. Mercedes SE Coupe W111. Gorgeous. My favorite old MB convertible. Also rare, the manual transmission.

Glass 1600 GT Sports Tourer. Glass was a German manufacturer with close ties to BMW. After they went bankrupt, the leftover cars were bought and sold by BMW. This explains why this model has the BMW badge and kidney grille.

Anyone know what Fiat this is?

Opel City

Citroen Traction Avant: Rag's favorite car - the first massed produced FWD car.

These Opel Manta's looked good. The ones coming after were horrible IMO.

Mercedes 220S: a very rare car and stunning.

And here a Mercedes 220S sedan. These were powered by a 2.2-l 6-cylinder with around 100-horsepower.

Opel Kadett

BMW 2002ti's

Lancia Fulvia

Aero: a Czech car manufacturer of sports cars during the 1930s.

Alfa Romeo Spider - without Dustin Hoffman.

Mercedes 170V

POSER 190SL. This thing was not real to me. The 190SL never had those headlights (taken from the 300SL Roadster), never. Get out of here, POSER! :banghead:

Gorgeous Fiat Coupe (and people said Fiat never made beautiful cars).

Glass Cabrio

BMW Z1. Not a classic yet, but one in the making.

Volvo 144

Hanomag Pritschenwagen

VW Thing

Willy's MB Jeep

Volkswagen Type-62 Kübelwagen: The German Army equivalent to the US Army Jeep ^above^.

Another truck, I believe from Hanomag as well.

Another Mercedes 170S

Lovely VW Käfer Cabrio

VW Karmann Ghia

Ford Capri

Ford 17M: My father had a Ford 15M once in the '60s which he crashed when he drove too fast. Broke both his legs and spent 3 months in the hospital.

Another Goggomobil

Audi Military Truck

Mercedes 200D W115 with 55-horsepower.

Goggomobils

Mercedes 280S (W108). Lovely.

Cadillac DeVille again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

Re: ***Taufkirchner Classic Car Show*** Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by cawimmer430
    Willy's MB Jeep

Looks like we forgot to bring something home haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HoeyHimself
    Looks like we forgot to bring something home haha
    Tons of these around here. Plenty of enthusiasts here who like nothing more than working on a Jeep.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

God, I love a good car show!
    How much attention did the Caddy's and Buick get? Looked out of place, but glad they were represented.
    Were the later Manta's Warmed over Monza's from the states?
    I had a model of the BMW Z1, looks kind of like that was where the Solstice got its styling!
    Hidden Content

My Rides (2013 Chevrolet Volt, 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Baja):
    Hidden Content
    @Testdrivejunkie
    "I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming." - Mitch Hedberg ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 91 s-10baja
    God, I love a good car show!
    How much attention did the Caddy's and Buick get? Looked out of place, but glad they were represented. (Those got a lot of attention actually. People usually stopped and stared and commented on the size and estimated the fuel economy. Europeans are obsessed with that. )

Were the later Manta's Warmed over Monza's from the states? (No, the European Monza was different from the American Monza. In Europe, the Monza was a sports car while I believe the American Monza was a sports car with a heavily detuned engine because of the emission regulations. Not to sure about that, you need to ask an Opel expert. I just know that this Monza was pretty hot. I always liked the design of this model.)

I had a model of the BMW Z1, looks kind of like that was where the Solstice got its styling! (Never liked the Z1 much. Those doors were just so Kaiser Darin ish.
    Glad you liked the pics.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information