Super trick VW software upgrades

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Super trick VW software upgrades

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Super trick VW software upgrades

I just thought I would pass this along as nothing more than appreciation of smart people. There is a company right now that offers a reflash for the new GTI that adds over 50hp and 100ftlbs at the flywheel. What's so trick about that you say, since the VW comes turbocharged making it easier to add power.

The trick think is if you need warranty work you just push and hold down your cruise control button for ten seconds and all your dash lights come on signaling that all your setting went back to stock and the software just went into stealth mode making it impossible for the dealer to see it and cancel your warrenty. After getting your car back from the dealer all you have to do is hold down the cruise control button and punch in the supplied numberical code using your presets on the radio and you are back to high hp fun. Pretty cool if you ask me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Super trick VW software upgrades

Which company is this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by big swede
    I just thought I would pass this along as nothing more than appreciation of smart people. There is a company right now that offers a reflash for the new GTI that adds over 50hp and 100ftlbs at the flywheel. What's so trick about that you say, since the VW comes turbocharged making it easier to add power.

The trick think is if you need warranty work you just push and hold down your cruise control button for ten seconds and all your dash lights come on signaling that all your setting went back to stock and the software just went into stealth mode making it impossible for the dealer to see it and cancel your warrenty. After getting your car back from the dealer all you have to do is hold down the cruise control button and punch in the supplied numberical code using your presets on the radio and you are back to high hp fun. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Early Aprils fools?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Its no April fools.. Im a member @ vwvortex.com. I cant search for the company name coz the engine is down right now, but its true. These cars are pumping 253 horsepower and about 300 torque!!! (up from 200 hp/207tq)
    Many people have done this to their gli/gti already..With dynos posted up there to prove it. Stock the car puts down 200 horsepower at the wheels, which is what VW rates the engine at. They underrated those cars, so in 2 years in its midlife cycle they can advertise it with 220 without changing a thing.. 253 horsepower and 300 torque + dsg transmission= hot!
    "My other ride is your mom"

Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Quote Originally Posted by actionjack
    Early Aprils fools?
    No I hate those corny April fools jokes. APR is the company that was first to create it. They changed the activation process but it still does the same thing.

http://www.goapr.com/VW/products/ecu...de_mkvgti.html

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Super trick VW software upgrades

yeah its true I have an older GTI with the same thing but GIAC version of it with a remote to switch back and forth great technology 30hp gain and 50 LBS increase on mine. its like having a whole dif motor when you hit the button I could just imagine on the new one. Ive taken my car to the dealer for a checkup too and they didnt find a thing either. by the way GLIGUY18 nice to see another Vortexer on here lol

Thanks

No I hate those corny April fools jokes. APR is the company that was first to create it. They changed the activation process but it still does the same thing.

http://www.goapr.com/VW/products/ecu...de_mkvgti.html

That is sick! You get almost 100 RWTQ with a 600 dollar tune??? Cheapest bang for the buck I ever heard.

I guess VW does have "turbo cajones".

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 FightingChance's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd be interested in knowing exactly what this modification did.
    "I cannot wait for the new fad to come along, one that doesn't involve making respectable looking cars look as though they were parked nearby when the plastic factory exploded."

Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Quote Originally Posted by FightingChance
    I'd be interested in knowing exactly what this modification did.
    From the factory the Golf doesn't have a lot of boost and it comes with a huge intercooler so most of the hp comes from turning up the boost a little and remapping the fuel. When VW went from the 1.8 to the 2.0 with direct injection they still claimed it only has 200hp which is apparently very underated because most people are dynoing right at 200hp stock. That's with the small factory turbo that supplies maximum torque at 1800rpms all the way to redline which is unheard of for a 4cylinder. I think it would be a superfun car to drive with the software upgrade coupled with the sweetest transmission in all of cardom (DSG).

Thanks

I know on my car **1.8T** its stock boost is 10 psi till redline with a spike of 13-14 and redline at about 6700 with a chip it holds at 15 psi and can spike up to 21-22 with a redline of 7200. but yeah fuel and boost go up but they also have dif programs on what kind of fuel is available in your area like it CA we get the lower end program not as much hp but 93 octane will get you the best chip out there and they even have 100 octane with more power then that. the new 2.0T is a great motor and almost no Lag at all its gonna be a monster

Thanks

Old news...

I've seen people taking their 1.8T's from 150hp to 230hp with just a chip upgrade.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Quote Originally Posted by acascianelli
    Old news...

I've seen people taking their 1.8T's from 150hp to 230hp with just a chip upgrade.
    Yes chip upgrades are old news but the trick part of this software, which is completely new, is the stealth mode.

Thanks

Yes chip upgrades are old news but the trick part of this software, which is completely new, is the stealth mode.
    What I meant is chip upgrades for VW/Audi motors with huge power gains is old news. What do you mean by stealth mode?

Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Quote Originally Posted by acascianelli
    What I meant is chip upgrades for VW/Audi motors with huge power gains is old news. What do you mean by stealth mode?
    Read the second paragraph of the original post.

Thanks

Read the second paragraph of the original post.
    I believe that something like this was also done with 1.8T chips too. I'll have to ask my buddies who are into VAG to verify this. Bottom line is this modifications will always be detectable by the dealer. Since its public domain, all they have to do is the same procedure to verify this.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information