Sounds Familiar: Millionaire drops big bucks to build Lotus-based EV sportscar

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Sounds Familiar: Millionaire drops big bucks to build Lotus-based EV sportscar

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ne_one's Avatar
    Thanks

Autoblog
    November 19, 2010
    by Zach Bowman

We're beginning to think that the real difference between a millionaire and a billionaire is simply whether or not one succumbs to the idea of building your own sports car. The latest to fall victim to that money trap is Dale Vince – a man with a vision for an all-electric, 330 horsepower beast capable of ripping off the 0-60 mph sprint in 4.4 seconds on its way to 100 mph in 8.5 seconds. Like a few other specialty racers we've seen surface recently, the Nemisis uses a Lotus chassis for its bones, while a pack of lithium-polymer batteries supplies the juice. And according to Vince, the cells can be topped off in 8-10 hours using a trickle charge.

All told, the car has a range of somewhere between 100 and 150 miles and boasts a theoretical top speed of 170 mph. Ecotricity, the company that builds the Nemisis, has its eyes set on besting the UK's electric vehicle top speed record of 139 mph soon. So, how much would you have to pay for a car like the Nemesis? Vince isn't saying, though considering that it cost around £25 million to develop (including a £400,000 investment from the British government), chances are it won't be cheap should it ever hit production.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

jry
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member jry's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 BMW 740Li-X, 2014 Expy EL

Re: Sounds Familiar: Millionaire drops big bucks to build Lotus-based EV sportscar

You have to remember that it is in the DNA of most men to create, to build.
    Who doesn't love a construction project?

So, you take that desire and mix in the where with all to do it and..... tah dah!

Malcom Bricklin, John DeLorean, Preston Tucker, insert name here.....
    85 cars since 1975....
    Good night and good luck.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 flatblackstrat's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Kawasaki Er-4n

Re: Sounds Familiar: Millionaire drops big bucks to build Lotus-based EV sportscar

Personally I think Tesla needs to put out a press release letting people know what the hell they are actually doing. I can't believe their stock is valued so high when they constantly post losses. That Model S needs to get done and released sooner than later or I feel they are going to go the way of DeLorean.... with maybe less coke.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by t-rex Hidden Content
    Oh come on. Don't tell me you don't dress missus sol (solwoman?) up as Wonder Woman, build a twin towers out of mashed potatoes in the kitchen, have the kids fly remote control miniature jets (while dressed in Arab garb) into them while you do your best Will Smith impersonation from "Independence Day" ??
    11 Kawasaki Er-4n
    09 Mercedes C200
    07 Dodge Nitro RT
    06 Mercedes B170
    05 Dodge Stratus SXT
    03 Tiburon GT 6SPD
    96 Dodge Avenger ES
    91 Pontiac Grand Prix STE

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information