Sharp gets sharper: Novitec Alfa Romeo 159

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Sharp gets sharper: Novitec Alfa Romeo 159

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 1931Chevy's Avatar
    Thanks

Click on the image above to view in high-resolution
    If Novitec's mods to the sublime Ferrari F430 struck you as overkill, you might want to take a look at another one of its creations, focusing on a car ever-so-slightly more in need of the tuning house's attention.
    The Alfa Romeo 159 is hailed as one of the most beautiful automobiles on the road today, but critics lament its shortcomings in performance. Autodelta, the premier tuning house for Alfas, offers an array of enhancements, but Novitec's catalogue offers what looks to be a compelling alternative. By installing its Powerrail III engine control system, Novitec coaxes an extra 29 horsepower out of the 159's common-rail diesel engine, bringing total output up to a very respectable 229 hp, aided by a custom stainless steel exhaust system. The German tuning outfit also offers a full aerodynamic package including front spoiler, side skirts and rear spoiler, as well as a sport suspension adjustable in stiffness and in height from 35mm to 75mm. Rounding out the package are Novitec's Type N9 20-inch forged alloys skinned with 30-series Pirelli rubber.
    In transforming the sumptuous 159 into a precision instrument, Novitec and Alfa Romeo offer an enticing package that's enough to make buyers forget all about the letters B-M-W.
    “We are masters of our own destiny,” he said. “We make our own decisions. And we intend to keep it that way.” Bill Ford May/09
    By Mark Fields
    "Perform or the bank will own us"
    Buying GM cars since 1931Hidden Content
    Hungry ,eat your import

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 1931Chevy's Avatar
    Thanks

Click on the image above to view in high-resolution
    If Novitec's mods to the sublime Ferrari F430 struck you as overkill, you might want to take a look at another one of its creations, focusing on a car ever-so-slightly more in need of the tuning house's attention.
    The Alfa Romeo 159 is hailed as one of the most beautiful automobiles on the road today, but critics lament its shortcomings in performance.

Autodelta, the premier tuning house for Alfas, offers an array of enhancements, but Novitec's catalogue offers what looks to be a compelling alternative. By installing its Powerrail III engine control system, Novitec coaxes an extra 29 horsepower out of the 159's common-rail diesel engine, bringing total output up to a very respectable 229 hp, aided by a custom stainless steel exhaust system. The German tuning outfit also offers a full aerodynamic package including front spoiler, side skirts and rear spoiler, as well as a sport suspension adjustable in stiffness and in height from 35mm to 75mm. Rounding out the package are Novitec's Type N9 20-inch forged alloys skinned with 30-series Pirelli rubber.

In transforming the sumptuous 159 into a precision instrument, Novitec and Alfa Romeo offer an enticing package that's enough to make buyers forget all about the letters B-M-W.
    “We are masters of our own destiny,” he said. “We make our own decisions. And we intend to keep it that way.” Bill Ford May/09
    By Mark Fields
    "Perform or the bank will own us"
    Buying GM cars since 1931Hidden Content
    Hungry ,eat your import

Thanks

Re: Sharp gets sharper: Novitec Alfa Romeo 159

How did you double post a thread?!?!!

Looks damn saucy. You don't find anyone doing that to your Cadillac BLS now do you..

EDIT: as for this comment: 'critics lament its shortcomings in performance'

That's utter bollo - I have no idea whether anyone at Autoblog has driven a 3.2 V6 Q4 159 saloon but it's very very far from the land of the Panda 4x4 and not nearly as far off E46 M3 type of pace.

The lesser versions are very impressive too - not mind-numbingly fast but still not exactly slow for what they are.

That statement is wrong!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Panda 4x4 is kewl in its own right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c633l2eadYE

BTW, I recently saw a 159 in Carabinieri livery on TV - it looks really nice:

PS. Whoopsie, it's Polizia di Stato rather than Carabinieri... Still nice
    Last edited by Bravada; 05-06-2007 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks

Bravada, I think there might just be a tiny difference between the Carabinieri and regular policemen!

I think the Panda 4x4 statement was more referring to the fact that it isn't the most rapid car ever, rather than it's crap.

The 159 looks OK(-ish). I don't think the blue is the greatest colour for it however, and I sincerely hope Alfa give up on those horrid multi-spoke alloys. Teledials 'go' with Alfas and look good, the multi-spokes neither look fab or go with the 'Alfa' image..

Love the Italian policemens' uniforms though - designed by some famous fashion house are they not...?

EDIT: Watch and learn, police forces of the UK!

Italian

British

Hardly fair, I know, but...

Thanks

Well, I know the difference, that is why I thought the fab Alfa is reserved for the glamourous Carabinieri... I actually like it in this bluish hue, it was suprising to see it in it, and I must say it really looks good to me that way... I also think the multi-spokes do look good on the 159, it is actually very different from the 156 (which looked ideal with teledials) and I believe the new wheels suit it well.

As concerns police uniforms, I agree the Italians have very stylish ones, but before you go on complaining about the British ones, have a look at what our guys have to wear...

I really couldn't get anything of higher quality, the uniforms look so bad that nobody wants to photograph them!

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information