Real-Life Pictures of the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class (no camo!)

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Real-Life Pictures of the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class (no camo!)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 cawimmer430's Avatar
    Thanks

Real-Life Pictures of the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class (no camo!)

OH MY GOD, I AM IN LOVE, I AM IN LOVE! THESE ARE REAL PICTURES FROM A DUTCH MAGAZINE. LOOK AT THE INTERIOR! Definitely lives up to the MB name.

Scanned from a Dutch car magazine "Autovisie".
    I have to give the credits though to the person who scanned it, denne046 at Autoweek.nl forums, thank you very much! - ALWING from GermanCarZone.

And here is this months AMS and the scans. They had a detailed little review about the new C-Class and what to expect.

The Scans

The Scans: Translations
    The third generation C-Class will be bigger, more elegant and more high quality. At the same time, it will still be targeted at existing C-Class customers and their desires as well as the new powerful younger buyers segment. This is one reason why the Avantgarde models will get their own unique front face.

The small C-Class has gained in size in almost every proportion. The wheelbase was extended by 4.5 cm's, which means more leg space for the rear passengers, especially for their knee's. And because, in Germany, the C-Class counts, after the BMW 3-Series, to one of the most desired cars for customers aged 60+, the entry into the car was simplified for convenience and comfort. The luggage compartment gains 20 liters for a total of 475 liters.

Clear is, the growth in size was for more interior space and a slightly higher sitting position. Amazingly, the new C-Class hardly gained weight with these major changes, also in part through the use of high-tense steel and aluminum and newly advanced "laser metal welding" technology. The body shell of the W204 weighs 8 kg less than the body shell of the W203. Thomas Weber, chief of the C-Class development programs says: "It is our company goal to reduce the weight of the next generation model over the car it replaces."

Mercedes-Benz design chief, Peter Pfeiffer on the other hand wants to strengthen the presence of the C-Class through design. "The new C-Class has grown in width by 40 mm and appears more aggressive and solid on the road," Pfeiffer claims. The wider and bigger grille and curvy rectangular headlights also play their part in creating this wider look. Even the higher engine hood - a must because of the EU's new pedestrian safety laws - and the CL style rear bring fresh air into this segment.

The interior was newly designed with ergonomics, safety and overall ease-of-use being top priority. A stow-away COMAND screen is in the top of the center console. Also new, an S-Class type COMAND operating system.

Carried over from the E and S-Classes are Linguatronic II - which will also allow the navigation system to be used, Three-Zone-Climate-Control, Keyless-Go and a Panorama roof option. Buyers will have the choice of adding wood or brushed aluminum to their cockpit. Also optional are Multicontourseats.

Not only in terms of reliability, but also safety does Mercedes want to up the ante in this class. The new C-Class will now be available with PRE-SAFE and Xenon lights with ILS (Intelligent Light Systems) features (headlights move in the direction the steering wheel is steered).

The new C-Class will attempt to be class-leader in comfort, despite the allure of the sporty competition in this class. Carried over from the e-E-Class is the suspension, which the C-Class now gets. Also available as options are an adaptive gas-controlled system for the suspension and a "sport steering setup", which means more direct steering control in combination with a sportier suspension (which will follow shortly after launch). 4Matic models will follow with the optional 7Gtronic 7-speed automatic transmission as well as diesel variants - both a first in the C-Class range.

The 7Gtronic is standard on higher-end gasoline C-Classes (C350 and C63 AMG) while a revised 6-speed manual gearbox is standard on all other models. The C-Class will use existing engines although the the C180 Kompressor and C200 Kompressor as well as both the smaller diesels (C200 CDI and C220 CDI) will get a power boost while at the same time using less fuel.

Direct-injection will be postponed - after the disastrous experience with the flop called C200 CGI. A potential C350 CGI will remain what it is: a potential. Currently, the only Mercedes with direct-injection is the CLS350 CGI. However, Mercedes claims it is "seriously thinking" about using the benefits and advantages of CGI engines in the future.

Currently, the W204 is available from the C180 Kompressor to the beastly C63 AMG. The AMG C-Class is available only with the 7Gtronic and as a sedan or estate. The diesels currently feature a particulate filter, but will soon be equipped with BLUETEC.

Sales of the C-Class will start end of March (sedan) and September (estate). The expectations are high, as this is Mercedes best-selling sedan. Since the W203 was introduced in 2000, over 2 million of them have been sold worldwide: 1.4 million of these were sedans, the rest were estates and a small portion sportcoupes.

Mercedes, through the avoidance of internal redundancy and parts sharing with other models, has managed to cut production costs for the new W204 C-Class. This means that the price of the car doesn't rise drastically. A new C180 Kompressor will start slightly above 29,116 Euros (the price of the C180K W203). Still expensive, but what we have here is a better car.

Grille Types
    Classic and Elegance models will get the traditional grille with star on the hood. Avantgarde models will get a large integrated grille star.

Startup Engine Lineup

Interview with Klaus Maier, Marketing Manager for Brand Image @ Mercedes-Benz

I started with the W204 C-Class information. Not as detailed as I'd hoped. I also just translated the interesting stuff.

AMS: The new C-Class shows some S-Class design cues. Is this association wanted?

K. Maier: As our youngest model, we aim to have the C-Class represent the design philosophy of Mercedes-Benz. The new W221 S-Class has set the standards for our future design, and so the C-Class follows this new tradition. Yes, we wanted the C-Class to be associated with the S-Class and Mercedes-Benz. Despite this, we also wanted the C-Class to have its own independant design.

AMS: What kind of customers are you targeting with the new C-Class?

K. Maier: First off, we want to target our current loyal customers with the new C-Class. On the other side, we want to target, especially in America and Europe, customers who want a more agile car.

AMS: Was the recall of the A and B-Classes a slap in the face in terms of quality?

K. Maier: A detailed mistake in a component of a car can happen, it has nothing to do with measured quality. Look at the current S-Class, it is an example of how reliable a complex car can be.

AMS: Which model is in terms of quality your biggest worry? The E-Classes built before 2005?

K. Maier: We have a clear vision, to improve our customer satisfaction and quality beyond their expectations. Worldwide, the E-Class has a very good standing, quality-wise. The fact that things go wrong can happen, but we're working on the issue and we're optimistic.
    Last edited by cawimmer430; 01-18-2007 at 09:26 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Honda Civic

Re: Real-Life Pictures of the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class (no camo!)

I love the exterior, but I am not a fan of the interior.

Thanks

Official Pictures!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohmywrd8
    I love the exterior, but I am not a fan of the interior.
    The interior looks ok to me, but I'm going to wait until I see the real thing.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Quickening's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Cadillac of my choosing

Geez, I want this. I really wish I could hurry up and get out of college and be car shopping..
    Hidden Content

2013 Cadillac ATS, Cadillac demo...
    Past: 2012 Range Rover Evoque, 2009 Cadillac CTS, 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D

Thanks

The new MB C-class is gorgeous! I'll take this one!
    Quote Originally Posted by cawimmer430
    Official Pictures!
    I really don't care for the info display set up though. I don't like the cover that has to always be popped up for either display to be visible. The CTS and the C have the 3series beat style wise hands down IMO. I'll take both a C350 and a CTS in black please.

Thanks

Looks great. The best C-Class ever since the black C36 AMG W202. I can't wait to see, hear and if lucky, maybe even drive the forthcoming C63 AMG.

I really like the pop-up SAT-NAV screen - Very James Bond . Not fond of the steering wheel, though.

Nice to see you around Wimmer.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

I don't know, it's definitely sportier looking, but I think the new Focus looks more expensive. It almost looks a little Koreanish to me. But then again I've never been a fan.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Cadillac ATS

I've always liked Mercedes but this time around I would buy a CTS hands down.

Thanks
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

I can't say that I like it at all. then again, I am only seeing it in pictures. It could be like the new 3-series coupe, it looks like crap in pictures, but in real life, it is absolutely beautiful. I will wait until some show up at the dealership I pass on my way home. I am disappointed though how they did not use styling similar to the CLS, I absolutely hate the way that the S-Class is styled. The interior doesn't look any better than an Accord's, however the materials are probably superior. I REALLY dislike the way that the little "door" which covers the nav screen has to remain open for the smaller display.

overall, BMW 3> Cadillac CTS > C-Class

-Chase
    Last edited by chaseabryant; 01-18-2007 at 11:44 AM.
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2003 Honda S2000
    1997 BMW 328iS
    2003 MINI Cooper S
    1984 Mercedes-Benz 230CE
    1998 BMW 328iS

Banned
    Thanks

Alot of that center stack looks like the controls on the new 900's!! Great to see....GM is moving up!

Thanks

SWEET INTERIOR PICTURE!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyangelb
    The new MB C-class is gorgeous! I'll take this one!
    Same here, same here.

Thanks

Here's Autocar's write up:

http://autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/223836/"]http://autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/223836/

And some of their pictures:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kowalski
    Nice to see you around Wimmer.
    Just thought I'd drop by.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information