Pictures of interior are leaked. MB E-class 2016 - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of interior are leaked. MB E-class 2016

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 patrickbec's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    RHD:09 CTS,07 SRX/ LHD:13 ATS

Re: Pictures of interior are leaked. MB E-class 2016

How tacky and painful to look at. Oh and I'll wait with bated breath for C&D to say how "over-wrought" this interior is, of course they won't- now that the E-class is completely over the top, that will become the new standard. I expect the next 5 Series to try to top this by simply chroming everything in the interior other than the seats.
    Last edited by patrickbec; 12-09-2015 at 02:11 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,507 Times in 3,763 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Cadillac CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyLac10 View Post
    I never said it wasn't nice. MB interiors are best in class right now but that doesn't mean they are contemporary. Nothing about them is contemporary or progressive and it shows in their design. I don't mean that as insult to MB; it just is what it is.
    You said that Mercedes-Benz interiors do not age well and retain a modern look for a year or two only.

That's why I posted pictures of the S Class's interior, as it has aged rather well, and it's been here for close to three years.

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro View Post
    Woooooow!!!! Love that look!!!!!!
    The carbon fiber in the others does absolutely nothing for me. I hate it in ALL cars.
    I need that wood in my life. Seriously.

I loved it in the S Class Coupe, and I love it here. That's probably some of the nicest wood trim you'll find in any car IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickbec View Post
    How tacky and painful to look at. Oh and I'll wait with bated breath for C&D to say how "over-wrought" this interior is, of course they won't- now that the E-class is completely over the top, that will become the new standard. I expect the next 5 Series to try to top this by simply chroming everything in the interior other than the seats.
    Or, you know, genuine metal accents?

The entire competition, Cadillac included, can learn a thing or two from this interior.
    Current:

2016 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

mgescuro (12-09-2015)

Thanks
    My Ride

Saw a few new pictures on GCF, figured I'd post them here:

I'm torn on the new key fob. I think I like the old one better.
    Current:

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,031 Times in 1,318 Posts
    My Ride
    MY16 Holden Colorado LS-X Man

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post

The entire competition, Cadillac included, can learn a thing or two from this interior.

damn those real metal switches look good

Compared to the CT6 which looks like it has switchgear out of a Cruze its just night and day

GM needs to wake up
    Who the hell approved this abomination? Hidden Content

I bet it was some dumbarse in Detroit Hidden Content

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VS Ute 5Litre For This Useful Post:

bronx13 (12-10-2015)

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by VS Ute 5Litre View Post
    damn those real metal switches look good

Compared to the CT6 which looks like it has switchgear out of a Cruze its just night and day

GM needs to wake up
    Absolutely. Mercedes-Benz is continually proving that they're the king of luxury, especially on the inside. And every single car they've launched recently, sans CLA, is absolutely spectacular.

Speaking of CT6, did you see the new Genesis G90? That car has a great interior as well. Very nice.

Hopefully now people understand why the CT6 is in some pretty grave danger...
    Current:

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

^GOLD^

Hidden Content

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

bronx13 (12-10-2015)

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,031 Times in 1,318 Posts
    My Ride
    MY16 Holden Colorado LS-X Man

Absolutely. Mercedes-Benz continually is proving that they're the king of luxury, especially on the inside. And every single car they've launched recently, sans CLA, is absolutely spectacular.

Speaking of CT6, did you see the new Genesis G90? That car has a great interior as well. Very nice.

Hopefully now people understand why the CT6 is in some pretty grave danger...

Yeah I did

The Way Hyundai is going they are on track to overtake Cadillac unless GM unshackles them
    Who the hell approved this abomination? Hidden Content

I bet it was some dumbarse in Detroit Hidden Content

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VS Ute 5Litre For This Useful Post:

Envoy4Life (12-09-2015),Jesda (12-13-2015)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,469 Times in 2,536 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

I just cant get over there huge monoscreen for the IP. Just throws everything off on the interior. Such an odd shape.

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,753 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

You said that Mercedes-Benz interiors do not age well and retain a modern look for a year or two only.

That's why I posted pictures of the S Class's interior, as it has aged rather well, and it's been here for close to three years.

I loved it in the S Class Coupe, and I love it here. That's probably some of the nicest wood trim you'll find in any car IMHO.

Very nicely done. Much better than the C Class as it's looks a little more cohesive as the disparate elements don't seem to jump out at you as on the smaller car. With that being said look at the stitching on the brown leather of the door and the seam itself! If this was Jaguar or Cadillac it would be all that anyone (you) could talk about! It's completely unacceptable in official press photos.
    Last edited by SKH; 12-09-2015 at 11:19 AM.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Premium Member CaddyLac10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro View Post
    I disagree. I think Benz interiors are so restrained that they ultimately stand the test of time because it's so inoffensive.
    You see an evolution, but it is so clearly Mercedes-Benz.

What you see now, with the C and S-Class is the next iteration of Mercedes design. It's more flowing more elegant but still carries a level of restraint and conservativism.
    In 5-10 years, you will probably see an evolution of this SAME design.

I agree with evolution and consistency but I'd like to see MB move beyond the progression of an old luxury interior feel because it's important for their future.

MB is a respected but not exactly desirable luxury brand among the demographic that is going make up 80% of the luxury market by 2020, which are Millennials.

MB's source of "money" is going to change very quickly and I don't see them adapting to meet the demands of that group.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

Am I allowed to take that out of context moving forward?

I agree with evolution and consistency but I'd like to see MB move beyond the progression of an old luxury interior feel because it's important for their future.

MB is a respected but not exactly desirable luxury brand among the demographic that is going make up 80% of the luxury market by 2020, which are Millennials.

MB's source of "money" is going to change very quickly and I don't see them adapting to meet the demands of that group.
    I think Mercedes can make that shift, actually. That's an interesting discussion to have, nonetheless.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 602 Posts

Is there some additional images of interior with this "base" version of instrument panel?

Last edited by asrapid1; 12-09-2015 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,047 Times in 2,105 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

The main critique of Mercedes is that their interiors are rather staid and conservative.
    I don't really see that as a "weakness," per se.
    That's Mercedes' look and feel. And major divergence from that, and you disrupt the customer base. So a slow evolution is probably Mercedes' only real choice.
    I mean, if they dropped a BMW into a Mercedes, you'd probably have a riot.

I think this new E demonstrates that evolution from the conservative interior of prior years to one that is more modern and less traditional, but still holding onto Mercedes' own values.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Looks really nice but you're fooling yourself if you think this is the interior of the bulk of E-class models/sales.

This interior is for the most expensive E-classes and for marketing purposes.

I would be interested to see what the version that actually falls within the price class of its competitors looks like.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    Looks really nice but you're fooling yourself if you think this is the interior of the bulk of E-class models/sales.

This interior is for the most expensive E-classes and for marketing purposes.

I would be interested to see what the version that actually falls within the price class of its competitors looks like.
    These:

Current:

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

^GOLD^

Hidden Content

Thanks

The upcoming e coupe.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bronx13 For This Useful Post:

big swede (12-11-2015),Envoy4Life (12-10-2015)

23. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information