New Rumors Suggest i6 Sedan Is On The Way

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: New Rumors Suggest i6 Sedan Is On The Way

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 Premium Member GMfan1111's Avatar
    in a undisclosed bunker somewhere in the metro detroit area
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Buick Verano Turbo

New Rumors Suggest i6 Sedan Is On The Way

BMW's i brand could gain a third family member if recent rumors about an all new i6 sedan are true

http://autoinfoquest.com/2015/12/22/...iving-in-2020/
    “The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair”

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools".
    - Douglas Adams -

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GMfan1111 For This Useful Post:

2b2 (12-22-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

Re: New Rumors Suggest i6 Sedan Is On The Way

I think similar rumors existed previously (http://blog.caranddriver.com/after-i...green-machine/) but good news. As I mentioned before, Cadillac should totally build something like that. Basically ELR sedan looks, a powerful PHEV powertrain (maybe use the CT6 PHEV's powertrain for a base option with another 100 horsepower or more above that). Much more unique than building a conventional CLS/A7/6GC type of sedan between the CTS segment and the flagship segment (CT6 notwithstanding).

2b2
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 2b2's Avatar
    Thanks

^ but "The Highest Volume Lux Segment" is (like) the 3er
    re: EV styling
    "...like a bunch of 1960's Citroen designers would do given LSD and a room full of Pokemon....in a good sort of way"
    Hidden Content best fanboy def Ever
    " 4: Oh. My. God!!! My favorite shade of white!!!!! "

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar balthazar's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Silverado 2500HD DM

If Cadillac built a 3rd vehicle in a series of cars that sell in the triple monthly digits (one of them barely over 100 units/mnth), GMI would collectively go apoplectic.
    Sorry to say; none of the 'feel good / good will' has been extended here for the Cadillac ELR… only laser-like focus on sales numbers. If anything, given BMW's global volume, it should be the other way around.

2b2
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 2b2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by balthazar View Post
    If Cadillac built a 3rd vehicle in a series of cars that sell in the triple monthly digits (one of them barely over 100 units/mnth), GMI would collectively go apoplectic.
    Sorry to say; none of the 'feel good / good will' has been extended here for the Cadillac ELR… only laser-like focus on sales numbers. If anything, given BMW's global volume, it should be the other way around.
    speaking just for myself,
    a(nother!) German Mfg digging its own grave doesn't bother me At All

esp if a cool car comes of it
    re: EV styling
    "...like a bunch of 1960's Citroen designers would do given LSD and a room full of Pokemon....in a good sort of way"
    Hidden Content best fanboy def Ever
    " 4: Oh. My. God!!! My favorite shade of white!!!!! "

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Didn't Cadillac say there would be no more 'stand alone' electric models?

BMW seems to be preparing an ' i ' class for their electric range. Other than Toyota, which finally created a 'sub brand' for the Prius, no other manufacture is going this route. Chevrolet seems to be 'here and there', what with their two electrified vehicles sharing similar sounding names.

I think Cadillac should make their Voltec 'ELR sedan' as the 'electric' (Cadillac needs to come up with a bespoke terminology for their electric/plug-in vehicles) version of the next gen ATS. The CT4 or what have you.

CT4, CT4-V series, CT4-E series. All coupes and (4door)sedans.

This way all the sales fall under one nameplate, for that oh-so sought after volume. And the 'it' factor of the Voltec system effects the entire range.

Then replicate the 'E series' (or whatever they want to call their Voltec versions), on the models that make sense for it.
    I would like to think that if Voltec is the future of the automobile, that 3.0 or 4.0 should be possible on mid to large sized vehicles eventually...

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information