New Audi A3 YouTube Commercials are Fantastic

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: New Audi A3 YouTube Commercials are Fantastic

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

New Audi A3 YouTube Commercials are Fantastic

There are more individual clips that go deeper into what these people experience.

From a marketing perspective, these are BOLD and it makes no bones about what the A3 is and what its sole purpose is.

"The luxury car for young people that you can now afford."

If there is any car that I will put money on being a smash hit in 2014, it's the Audi A3. And I bet it doesn't "cheapen" the Audi brand either.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ammo For This Useful Post:

sfbreh (01-03-2014)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Re: New Audi A3 YouTube Commercials are Fantastic

If you read the youtube comments, you'll notice a big backlash against Audi for these ads. Personally I think they're entertaining, but I doubt it will help their cause much...

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 hydrogen's Avatar
    Thanks

Agreed, the A3 will be a monster hit. Image is everything. Audi is the hottest and most desired luxury brand in the auto industry. The A3 will turn those young buyers into lifelong Audi customers if brand awareness holds.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hydrogen View Post
    Agreed, the A3 will be a monster hit. Image is everything. Audi is the hottest and most desired luxury brand in the auto industry. The A3 will turn those young buyers into lifelong Audi customers if brand awareness holds.
    Here's the funny thing about luxury brands now, and I'm talking about MUCH more than the auto industry...

Everything is going "downmarket" or is at least offering a "downmarket-accessible" product for the entry level. I've lost count of how many middle class women have Coach purses, or the growth of Michael Kors, for example.

Apple is a premium product company, but they have products at all price points.

I think that's what "new luxury" is becoming.

Either way, I think this vehicle (and the marketing campaign) is going to resonate loud and clear with its target audience.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,742 Times in 5,634 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    If you read the youtube comments, you'll notice a big backlash against Audi for these ads. Personally I think they're entertaining, but I doubt it will help their cause much...
    The yokels and puritans it's probably upsetting probably wouldn't buy an Audi anyway.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    The yokels and puritans it's probably upsetting probably wouldn't buy an Audi anyway.
    Ironically the comments are from car people who don't put Audi in BMW or Mercedes' category. I can't say I agree with them when they compare the A3 to the 3-Series though. (EDITED for clarity. I hadn't had my coffee when I originally wrote this)

Notably absent is the ATS. I wish GM would attack the Germans right where it hurts.
    Last edited by Ammo; 01-03-2014 at 10:59 AM.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 calgaryhhr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Chevy HHR 09 Ford Flex Ltd
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
    Ironically the comments are from car people who don't put Audi in BMW or Mercedes' category. I can't say I disagree with them when they compare the A3 to the 3-Series.

Notably absent is the ATS. I wish GM would attack the Germans right where it hurts.
    The A4/S4 compete with the BMW 3/4 series.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Premium Member CaddyLac10's Avatar
    Thanks

I find the ads way too gimmicky and childish to be honest. I don't like it. It's not the kind of ad I would expect from a luxury brand. I understand this market requires more youthful advertising but this is not it.

I typically like Audi's advertising but this one turned me off. The CLA advertising is much better.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

There are 2 different types of luxury: "mainstream luxury" and "extreme luxury."

BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Cadillac, Lexus, etc, are "mainstream" luxury brands. They ultimately care about sales volume.

Bentley, Rolls Royce, Ferrari, etc are "extreme luxury" brands. The brand is most important to them first and foremost. They will not lower their price of entry, for they care about margins and brand image over all else.

Americans don't have the spending power they had 10 years ago, especially among the Millennial crop, which is why this "race to the bottom" is happening in the luxury market.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information