New 3-series Coupe

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 3-series Coupe

Thanks
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

New 3-series Coupe

Pictures found on:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=496073

and they originated at:
    http://www.e90post.com/

And just a note, I am very sure that the taillights on the silver coupe pictures are photoshopped, or vinyl appliques on the actual vehicle.

The convertible: FOLDING HARD TOP!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I first saw the silver pictures I felt that it would probably have to grow on me, but then I saw the blue coupe pictures, and I believe I am in love. I can't wait until the M3 coupe is released!

-Chase

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Re: New 3-series Coupe

anything behind the A-pillar is boring. there's too much sheetmetal behind the door and it makes it look too long. Add all the ingredients and you get UGLY.

Thanks

the cabin has too forward of a look. its nice dont get me wrong, but it doesn't have the classic long hood short deck rearward cabin look down pat.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

man bmw and porsche styling is gettin worse. that 2dr coupe looks like a 4 dr with 2 of them welded to the body.

Thanks

Bleh. The design has no harmony, looks fat with too many disconnected lines & surfaces, and the head and tail lamps look half-hearted as if the designers just didn't really know what shape they wanted to make them. It lacks the taut, muscular look of the previous model. BMWs used to be so cool...

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 AmericanRevolution's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 GTO QSM

Meh, I don't car for it... the only current BMW I have any liking of is the new 6-series.
    Hidden Content

Current Rides:
    2005 QSM GTO with M6

My Succession of Cars:
    1997 Accord Special Edition > 2003 G35 Sedan > 2004 GTO 5.7 > 1991 Buick Park Avenue (debt free!) > 2006 Charger RT > 1995 Pontiac Grand Am V6 (debt free!) > QSM GTO

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 FightingChance's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this looks better than previous 3 series coupes, since the overall shape and some of the detail is now different than the sedan. Though, this remains one of my least favorite coupes, since as mentioned, it's easy to tell it's just the sedan with two doors that are longer. I've never understood people who prefer the coupe version of what is obviously a sedan, unless the change is very apparent (like, the Cavalier coupe was wretched, but the Cobalt coupe changes enough from the sedan to justify itself.)
    "I cannot wait for the new fad to come along, one that doesn't involve making respectable looking cars look as though they were parked nearby when the plastic factory exploded."

Thanks
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

Quote Originally Posted by CobaltSScrazy
    the cabin has too forward of a look. its nice dont get me wrong, but it doesn't have the classic long hood short deck rearward cabin look down pat.

You know, you are right. I didn't really think of that, as a car it is nice, but as a BMW, I am not too sure that it works as well.

After comparing the E-36, the E-46, and the new E-92, I have noticed that the new coupe has lost the classic fender bulges. I don't like that...

E36

E46

E92
    -Chase

Thanks
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

Quote Originally Posted by FightingChance
    I think this looks better than previous 3 series coupes, since the overall shape and some of the detail is now different than the sedan. Though, this remains one of my least favorite coupes, since as mentioned, it's easy to tell it's just the sedan with two doors that are longer. I've never understood people who prefer the coupe version of what is obviously a sedan, unless the change is very apparent (like, the Cavalier coupe was wretched, but the Cobalt coupe changes enough from the sedan to justify itself.)

Actually with both the E36 and the E46 coupe, they were styled, and even built seperately from the Sedans they have "a unique cabin, Back-end, and rear-quarter styling." (quoted from MRP auto guide) the E36 BMW 3-series was the first 3-series which was not a "saloon", it was a true "coupe"

-Chase

Thanks

This absolutely beautiful and I want one! It continues to carry on the spirit of E36 and E46 and actually refines and enchances the classic shape.

Thanks

Comparing the Coupé with the 4-door Saloon, it's like comparing night and day.

The Coupe indeed, looks much nicer and aggressive than the Saloon or Touring versions. I'm not sure about the Cabriolet version though.

I'll take my new 3-Series Coupé, in black and with the new 3.0 I-6 Twinturbo.

Thanks

Is it bad that I prefer...

1) The current generation
    2) The camo'ed version.

I was really wanting to like this one. So I could buy it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kowalski
    I'll take my new 3-Series Coupé, in black and with the new 3.0 I-6 Twinturbo.

You won't turn a single head,the car is so bland looking that people will gonna think that You bought a black Avensis and tuned it to coupe form.

But I must admit it looks better than any modern crappy looking BMW.
    Have they finally fired Chris Bangle?

Thanks
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

Just noticed, picture the convertible with the top down.....

How goofy is that going to look? Pretty goofy in my opinion..... Sebring goofy.

-Chase

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by powervette
    You won't turn a single head,the car is so bland looking that people will gonna think that You bought a black Avensis and tuned it to coupe form.

But I must admit it looks better than any modern crappy looking BMW.
    Have they finally fired Chris Bangle?

Look who's talking...the gmboy defendor of one of the most stupid cars in the world. You know the BLS will flop. You just don't want to admitt.

Seriously, with the notable exception of the new Opels/Vauxhalls, Saab Wagons (9-3 Sportwagon and 9-5 Estate) and the Holdens (all of them. Except the Commodore based pick-up trucks). The entire rest of the GM range, looks boring or ugly.

And you gmboys still wonder why GM is going down the hill...just look at the new Chevrolet Impala.

As for BMW...

You should be aware, that BMW is now set to take the title of world's best-selling premium brand.

BMW sold 1,020,1566 cars world-wide in the first 11 months of 2005. Mercedes sold 961.000 cars world-wide in the same period.
    Last edited by Kowalski; 03-09-2006 at 07:56 AM.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information