Mercedes-Benz USA Records Best January Sales Ever

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Mercedes-Benz USA Records Best January Sales Ever

Thanks

Mercedes-Benz USA Records Best January Sales Ever

MONTVALE, N.J., Feb. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Coming off its thirteenth year of consecutive sales increases, Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) today reported sales of 17,069 new vehicles for January 2007, up 36.9 percent from last January making this the best January sales in the company's history.

In 2006, Mercedes-Benz significantly enhanced its competitive presence in the luxury light truck market with the launch of the full-sized luxury SUV: the GL-Class, which sold 1,815 units in January. The popularity of the M-Class model line continued to build with a 19.8 percent increase compared to last January (2,351 vs. 1,962). As a group, sales for Mercedes-Benz vehicles in the luxury light truck segment continue to gain momentum with an 82.8 percent increase over January 2005.

Other highlights for MBUSA sales in January include a 24 percent increase in its portfolio of passenger cars (12,058 vs. 9,728). Volume for the month was led by the C-Class with 3,928 units sold, a 26.8 percent increase over last January's 3,098 units. Sales for the E-Class family of sedans and wagons, including those with the new clean diesel technology called BlueTec, grew by 36.9 percent with 3,375 models sold.

As a group, model lines at the high-end of the Mercedes-Benz portfolio -- S-, SL-, and CL-Classes -- rose 78.1 percent (2,705 vs. 1,519 units) in January. Contributing to this was the popularity of the top-of-the-line CL coupe which was introduced in December (up 279.4 percent) and the continued demand for the ninth generation S-Class (up 125.1 percent). Separately, the Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned vehicle program reported sales of 3,609 units, an increase of 17.7 percent compared to last January.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070201/nyth145.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Mercedes-Benz USA Records Best January Sales Ever

This is nuts. MB, a luxury marquee, is now selling more cars than VW in America.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Quickening's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Cadillac of my choosing

Ah MB
    Hidden Content

2013 Cadillac ATS, Cadillac demo...
    Past: 2012 Range Rover Evoque, 2009 Cadillac CTS, 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

That's all? Everyday I see several rich women driving their brand new MBs around. California must account for 90% of those sales.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Premium Member mkwelbornjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 VW GTI

Funny how Mercedes reliability has been worst of any brand and this has even been mentioned in Eurpoean magazines as well. Yet sales increase. If it were GM it would be a horrible thing.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 boblutzfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevy SS / 2015 / 6M

Quote Originally Posted by mkwelbornjr
    Funny how Mercedes reliability has been worst of any brand and this has even been mentioned in Eurpoean magazines as well. Yet sales increase. If it were GM it would be a horrible thing.
    One word:

PERCEPTION.

Thanks

Luxury market reliability, fuel economy etc. is different from regular car market. People are willing to overlook things or have the money to fix expensive problems in the luxury market. Also, the badge at front is more important to some people.

At the same time, maybe some luxury car owners do find reliability/quality problems to be major issues and that would explain why the Lexus forums are crowded with past BMW/MB/Audi owners and why Lexus sales numbers are so big.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,234 Times in 1,933 Posts

I'm sad to see the CLS falling away like that. I love that car.

But the R Class?????? That thing is so bloodly-ugly! It must be the big price reduction they did last year.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

Thanks
    My Ride
    GM V-8's

I wonder how many of these people can actually afford these cars...

12. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information