Mercedes-Benz rated the most reliable brand in Germany.

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Mercedes-Benz rated the most reliable brand in Germany.

Thanks

Mercedes-Benz rated the most reliable brand in Germany.

ADAC Breakdown Statistics for 2005: Mercedes Has the Most Reliable Models
    Source: Autospectator.com

Stuttgart, Germany, April 26, 2006 -- According to the breakdown statistics for 2005 that have released by the German automobile association ADAC, Mercedes passenger cars are among the most reliable motor vehicles in Germany. Six model series from Mercedes-Benz achieved top rankings in the statistics - more than from any other automotive brand.

The experts at the ADAC are particularly impressed by the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, which the statistics show to be the most reliable medium-size car. Top rankings in the ADAC assessment were also achieved by the E-Class, S-Class and M-Class, as well as by the CLK-Class and SLK-Class sports models.

The ADAC assesses passenger car models from five different vehicle classes. With six model series, all demonstrating extremely high reliability, Mercedes-Benz is the most frequently represented brand in the top ranks of the statistics for the most reliable cars in Germany.

The ADAC breakdown statistics are one of the most important surveys of on-the-road passenger car reliability. The statistics were computed on the basis of the approximately 3.75 million times that ADAC personnel provided breakdown assistance last year.

Here's the original article from ADAC translated: Germans and Japanese rated the most reliable in Germany.

Translation is kinda funny...
    Last edited by Kowalski; 05-18-2006 at 12:22 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

stk
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Buick Verano

Re: Mercedes-Benz rated the most reliable brand in Germany.

How does the ADAC compile stats? Just by the number of breakdown versus the number of baught product? Cause if so then there's a problem with some cars. MB largest car are certainly not daily drivers and if they stay in the garage for weeks and serve for 40-50 miles every so often then of course they'll look reliable...

Sorry if it tells it in the article, the webpage just doesn't work for me here. And I don't mean that to discriminate against MB they seem to have good product, but just want to know

Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Do you have the full tables anywhere? Besides, in Germany most Mercedes cars are used as company cars or by individual professionals (not to mention the large Mercedes taxi fleet, the E-Klasse is the default taxicab in Germany), so they usually put on quite big mileages. What makes this survey less reliable is the fact that there are many small glitches which do not stop the car completely so no road assistance is needed and secondly there is no obligation to call ADAC - most automakers run their own, non-ADAC-based, assistance services, as do insurance companies.

Translation is kinda funny...
    Check this one out.

stk
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Buick Verano

rofl yeah it's quite bad as a translation!

But for hte low mileage question it was more about the CLK and SLK... don't tell me they use THAT as Taxi or else I'm moving RIGHT away and take taxi all year long!

Thanks

I'll certainly be happy taking a ride in an E-class Taxi. LOL

Anyways, good to hear that MB got that award, but I like Audi better, LOL.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information