Mercedes-Benz Dealership Munich (Part 1)

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Mercedes-Benz Dealership Munich (Part 1)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 cawimmer430's Avatar
    Thanks

Mercedes-Benz Dealership Munich (Part 1)

This is the main Mercedes-Benz dealership in Munich, Germany. I always enjoy visiting this place because of the many interesting cars they have there on display. It's a massive building capable of housing over 700 cars inside, and a further 300 in two underground garages. On the top floor is an employee garage with space for about 150 cars. I used to have an internship at this place and hence I know the building pretty well.

The lower floor always has interesting displays. The first time I visited this place, they had a red 300SL Gullwing and 250SL Padoga as well as an Uhlenhaut 300SLR (one of two ever made!!!). The last time I went, a week ago, they had the Bionic concept car on display, which looks pretty sweet in real life (don't laugh!). They usually have a classic Mercedes on the second floor, this time it was a beautiful 170S Coupe from the post-World War II period.

Anyway, here are some shots of the dealership. I went on two different occassions so this explains why some sections have the same cars but in different positions or new cars.

The first few shots were taken to give you a feel for the place: it's huge, alright.

SLK, CLK and SL's...

McLaren Mercedes SLR - suspended above ground!

This the Bionic concept car which was modelled after a fish. I found it very interesting how car designers were looking towards an efficient design from mother nature to aid in creating efficient (low drag) future car design.

The new W204 C-Class in C350 form with Chinese tourists in the rear. Check out their facial expressions. They were marvelling at the size of this dealership. Back the the C350 Elegance, one hot car. I really am digging this new design.

Here we have an Alabaster White W204 C200 Kompressor Elegance. The first time I visited, there was a sign inside the trunk that said "Please leave open", hence I had to take pictures with the open trunk. The second time I visited, that dumb sign was thankfully gone and the trunk was closed. The interior was very interesting, color-wise.

Black W204 Avantgarde C-Class next to the white one. This is just sexy.

E280 T-Modell, E280 4Matic and a C350 with the AMG package.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Quickening's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Cadillac of my choosing

Re: Mercedes-Benz Dealership Munich (Part 1)

Awesome pictures, though it seems very ood to go to a dealership and take pictures. I'm really digging the C class and with that red/brown leather...yes please.
    Hidden Content

2013 Cadillac ATS, Cadillac demo...
    Past: 2012 Range Rover Evoque, 2009 Cadillac CTS, 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D

Thanks
    Thanked 2,127 Times in 2,126 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Whoa. That C-Class interior looks far better than the stock photos!!!

I remember driving by that dealership a number of times when I was in Munich. I never went in though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    Awesome pictures, though it seems very ood to go to a dealership and take pictures. I'm really digging the C class and with that red/brown leather...yes please.
    Thanks.

Same here, I liked that red-brownish leather as it seemed to fit right into that interior. Normally, I would think such a color combination might look a bit "kitsch".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro
    Whoa. That C-Class interior looks far better than the stock photos!!!

I remember driving by that dealership a number of times when I was in Munich. I never went in though.
    Next time you're in Munich, you know what to visit.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,127 Times in 2,126 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Quote Originally Posted by cawimmer430
    Next time you're in Munich, you know what to visit.
    Yeaaa.
    But next stop is Berlin. I have a friend who lives there, and another friend who works for Daimler, who I think lives in Berlin now.

By the way, is that C-Class red-brown interior an option? Or is it designo?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro
    Yeaaa.
    But next stop is Berlin. I have a friend who lives there, and another friend who works for Daimler, who I think lives in Berlin now.

By the way, is that C-Class red-brown interior an option? Or is it designo?
    Mercedes has a similar dealership in Berlin, if not bigger! <--- Check it out.

I believe that leather on the C-Class is indeed Designo. It's too "exorbitant" to be featured in a regular C-Class brochure and the one I have next to me right now doesn't have this color on display. Designo it has to be.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information