Hartge H50. For those who think the BMW M5 is not Fast or Hardcore enough

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Hartge H50. For those who think the BMW M5 is not Fast or Hardcore enough

Thanks

Hartge H50. For those who think the BMW M5 is not Fast or Hardcore enough

The hardsimmered
    Original article in German: www.autobild.de - 15.05.2006 - From Marc Schoettler

Hartge brings properly momentum in the three-district. With the engine from the M5 and 550 HP the new H50 becomes the supersportsman.

Sporty one 3er pilot have it in addition, really not easily: Either they drive the old M3 or must with the 330i Vorlieb take, until the new Topmodell at the start is. Now, the Warterei has an end, because the BMW-Tuner Hartge makes the apparently impossible possible: Now there is the 3er with the ten-cylinder from the current M5. And still puts after: By means of elbow unions, sport exhaust system and electronics the achievement of the power station on 550 HP was increased. A V/max delimitation gives it naturally also not more. Who has something imaginative power, can paint itself in approximately, as feels in a 3er.

At first sight one sees to the 3er in hardtrims on that it does not concern here guaranteed the innocence of the country. Despite that quite the car works December ducks Bespoilerung and colour as fresh from the Muckibude. The slit carbon hood contributes to it exactly the same like the wheel housings of the H50 issued far. The tail spoiler works in view of the maximum speed even under-sized. Same applies to sends four-tubing haven exhaust system.

The whole project presents itself as a only one technical highlight. The noble from Beckingen in the Saarland brought not only 5,0 litres the V10 under the hood, but adapted also equivalent still to filter course the SMG transmission to the new environment. If the V10 falls over the strengthened rear axle, the rear tires - with switched off traction control - in molecule chains decompose.

The sounding car so peaceful in the no-load operation mutates bitumen with the footstep on the accelerotor pedal into a devouring Bestie! With stout-heartet gas employment the doped 3er breaks through the 100 km/h mark after scarce 4.3 seconds, good 10 seconds later stands the pointer already with 200 km/h - maximally is scarcely 320 km/h in it. Which for one errs rage. Also negative acceleration can be able to be seen. On the front axle work enormous eight-piston brake calipers, which take 380er-Bremsscheiben into the pliers and for considerable delay values provide.

Despite the V10 the small sedan gives itself handily. Owing to the perfectly co-ordinated chassis the car remains well controllable also in fast curves and has a quantity of Grip. Easy overriding makes not only fun, but the car every now and then faster - in particular in curve combinations. About consumption should be just as little talked with as a driving machine as about the rather poor trunk.

All in all there is little cause for criticism with the compact supersportsman. The H50 is a perfect compromise between everyday life-suited sedan and racing car. And it is to be invented the best proof for it sometimes that it is sufficient absolutely to combine proof of worth again instead of the wheel again and again again.

Insanity: In 4.3 seconds storms the H50 from the conditions on speed 100, which however...

... does not succeed despite the broad tyre and the adjustable sport chassis on snow-covered roads.

And just to show how fast this car really is. Here's a video of a BMW M5 trying to keep up with the Hartge H50: LINK

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 69Firebird400's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '13 S6, '13 Sienna, '17 Q5

Re: Hartge H50. For those who think the BMW M5 is not Fast or Hardcore enough

Holy smokes, that thing is insane! Right up there with an LS7 Solstice! I would have expected 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) to arrive faster than 4.3 seconds, though, considering that I assume the 3-series is a relatively light car to be propelled by 550 horsepower.

The interior is a little carbon fiber heavy, but the steering wheel is neat the way it's shaped.

Thanks for sharing, Kowalski.
    Hidden Content
    2013 Audi S6 4.0T quattro
    2013 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 69Firebird400
    Holy smokes, that thing is insane! Right up there with an LS7 Solstice! I would have expected 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) to arrive faster than 4.3 seconds, though, considering that I assume the 3-series is a relatively light car to be propelled by 550 horsepower.

The interior is a little carbon fiber heavy, but the steering wheel is neat the way it's shaped.

Thanks for sharing, Kowalski.
    Cheers mate.

I'm not a fan of the E90 styling.

But I have to say, the Hartge H50 looks really good indeed. I love the interior, the steering is very cool.

This car is beyond crazy! I freakin love it!

Hartge is great, they really do a great job with BMW cars. Except the ugly 6-Series they made.

The price for the Hartge H50 is around 140.000 Euros. That's about £96.300, which is not a bad value for money given the H50 mindblowing performance.

However...140.000 Euros means...176.067 USD. That's kinda pricey for the American standard isn't?

Anyway...this car is simply amazing.

Comment from EVO on the Hartge H50: "If money presents no barrier and you crave something a little on the wild side, your search ends here."

BTW, what do you think if Hartge gets crazy again and put this kit and engine in a new E92 coupe?! OMG! That would be awesome!
    Last edited by Kowalski; 06-22-2006 at 05:18 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Xenon's Avatar
    Thanks

Will this fit into a 1 Series?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 69Firebird400's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '13 S6, '13 Sienna, '17 Q5

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon
    Good question; I would have thought that the V-10 was too big for a 5-series, but it looks like a really clean installation into the 3-series from the photo posted.

Sounds a bit pricey, though. I think I'd rather have an M5 and a Z06 with enough money left over for a few years' worth of fuel and maintenance. Now THAT would be a nice garage full of cars.
    Hidden Content
    2013 Audi S6 4.0T quattro
    2013 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon
    Now, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they already had.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

that rear spoiler is amazing looking

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information