Green-lighted: Jaguar C-X75

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green-lighted: Jaguar C-X75

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 2,108 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Green-lighted: Jaguar C-X75

Jaguar to launch C-X75 supercar in 2013

The Jaguar C-X75, the breath-taking hybrid supercar that stole the spotlight at the Paris motor show, will become reality in late 2013.

Jaguar announced plans on Friday morning in London to build a production version of the car, and it will make just 250 examples from 2013 to 2015 as part of a partnership with Williams F1. Pricing will start at about $1.1 million, and more ordering and technical information will be available on Sept. 1.

The C-X75 project will continue to use that name, but an “appropriate” moniker will be selected for the production car, officials said. It will use an internal-combustion engine that works with two electric motors. Jaguar says it can run in hybrid, electric and track modes.

The supercar will be capable of a 200-mph top speed, can hit 60 mph in less than three seconds and can sprint to 100 mph in less than six seconds. It will use a carbon-fiber chassis.

“This is Jaguar at its best,” brand chief Adrian Hallmark said.

Williams F1 will assist in the development of the C-X75 as part of a new partnership.

In a surprising announcement, Jaguar announced ambitious plans to add engineers and workers to help design and build its new supercar.

The C-X75 was named AutoWeek's Best in Show at the 2010 Paris motor show.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...#ixzz1La8W4WTg

--------------------------

Well... there were questions about Tata's 1st Jaguar without Ford. I'd say they hit it out of the park.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) wescoent's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,722 Times in 999 Posts

Re: Green-lighted: Jaguar C-X75

I'm glad they have a corporate parent willing to blow billions with zero synergy with the rest of the organization.
    "They say Eve tempted Adam with an apple, but man I ain't goin' for that. I know it was her pink Cadillac!"

Thanks
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Quote Originally Posted by wescoent View Post
    I'm glad they have a corporate parent willing to blow billions with zero synergy with the rest of the organization.
    You mean a supercar doesn't mesh well with the tea division of Tata?

C'mon... this is the supercar competitor to the Porsche 918!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar balthazar's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Silverado 2500HD DM

Looked quite intriguing in profile, then I saw the front (weak) & rear (messy).
    I'd also like to see auto styling move away from using panel seams as elements- I hate the manner it which the side scoop chrome ends at the door seam, but the concave scoop continues forward another 4'. Stylistically lazy IMO.
    Meh.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2018 CTS Luxury, 86 Vette

I'd rather they devote resources to the new roadster we keep hearing rumors about.

Thanks
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Really?
    What's wrong with the front end??

The C-X75 is a modern take on the Jaguar XJ220. It honors the look.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro View Post
    Really?
    What's wrong with the front end??

The C-X75 is a modern take on the Jaguar XJ220. It honors the look.
    I like the concept's design but the front end isn't very pretty. It looks like a lazy fish or relevant sea creature with its mouth agape. The XJ220 has a much more pleasant front end:

Shouldn't Jaguar be focusing on more important things though? Weren't they planning a 3 series competitor and shouldn't they be planning an X5 or even Range Rover competitor? I'd focus on filling the holes in the lineup before building a super car.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

Geez, some of you are real party-poopers! I'm glad there are still a few companies that are building these wild supercars. Jaguar and Land Rover seem to be on top of things, I'd say it's a good time to build a gorgeous new dream machine like this.
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar balthazar's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Silverado 2500HD DM

Agree w/ Mr B; XJ220, while nothing revolutionary, was pleasing at the time (if you could ignore the 5' frontal overhang).
    This one; the grille is so far forward relative to the (weird) headlights that it definitely has a 'sucker fish' look, and frankly, relative to the profile which has nice fluidity & some different proportioning going on, the front end is quite pedestrian. First thing I thought when I saw those lower ports was : Fiesta. Must've been 2 different people designing the profile/front fascia.

I'm wondering if that chopped greenhouse is going to grow in height some before production. Talk about 'bunker slit' windows...

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 kneedragger's Avatar
    Thanks

How does Jag go from design perfection(XJ) to this?

918 spyder is considerably more appealing. I'll take one of those, thank you!
    IMPORTED FROM DETROIT

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Jaguar continues to move in the direction of regaining its past glory. Jaguar is a company that for many years I felt was more between companies like MB and Bentley. At the very least they will be considered now on a level with companies like Porsche and undisputedly Tier 1.

Thanks
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    Jaguar continues to move in the direction of regaining its past glory. Jaguar is a company that for many years I felt was more between companies like MB and Bentley. At the very least they will be considered now on a level with companies like Porsche and undisputedly Tier 1.
    That's the point right?
    Their entire product strategy is completely reverse of Cadillac's.

Jaguar is building on the high end, preferring to cancel the X-Type and create far better mid to high range cars FIRST. And from there, work on the low end.

They realize that they are a premium but tarnished brand. They realize that the brand still has a lot of recognition. So, focus on the high end cars that will provide the prestige necessary to sell the volume cars.

I like it. And now, they've revived their supercar. I can't afford it. But it ensures that they will revive their old feud with Porsche. It ensures that their brand will remain a prestige brand And it ensures that they have no intention of becoming a Tier 2 brand.

Good direction for Jaguar.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 chevytodd's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    GMT-800 Yukon Denali

I dunno why but, that grille screams Maserati Quattroporte to me.....

YEH
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro View Post
    That's the point right?
    Their entire product strategy is completely reverse of Cadillac's.

Jaguar is building on the high end, preferring to cancel the X-Type and create far better mid to high range cars FIRST. And from there, work on the low end.

They realize that they are a premium but tarnished brand. They realize that the brand still has a lot of recognition. So, focus on the high end cars that will provide the prestige necessary to sell the volume cars.
    For most of Jaguar's history, they didn't have to "slum" in the entry-level segment (much less sub-entry level) until the horrid X-type.

Now Jaguar is seen mostly as an afterthought in the public's mind and a supercar should raise its profile (much like how the R8 did for Audi).

Another crack at the entry-level should be fine (and probably is necessary revenue-wise), but probably should stay out of the sub-entry level segments.

And yeah, the front end of the C-X75 could use a little re-working.

Thanks
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Quote Originally Posted by YEH View Post
    For most of Jaguar's history, they didn't have to "slum" in the entry-level segment (much less sub-entry level) until the horrid X-type.

Now Jaguar is seen mostly as an afterthought in the public's mind and a supercar should raise its profile (much like how the R8 did for Audi).

Another crack at the entry-level should be fine (and probably is necessary revenue-wise), but probably should stay out of the sub-entry level segments.

And yeah, the front end of the C-X75 could use a little re-working.

Sub-entry (like an A3 competitor) would really be out of Jaguar's reach, I would think.
    A revised X-Type would be interesting, so long as it wasn't "cheap" or a "cheap excuse."

Sadly, i think Jaguar's next concept will be a CUV....

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information