Golf R 400

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Golf R 400

  1. #1
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    8,730
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked 793 Times in 394 Posts
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

    Golf R 400

    Anytime VW shows some super cool stuff you never see a whiff of it for production. The Golf R with 300hp and AWD is a certainty and now it seems like a Golf RS model should be available in the near future.

    If produced it will certainly trump the CLA AMG in Turbo 2.0 hp and the VW will have AWD. I can't imagine how much fun to drive this car will be.



    http://www.caranddriver.com/news/vol...0-concept-news

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Sal Collaziano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,925
    Thanks
    314
    Thanked 920 Times in 538 Posts
    My Ride
    RENNtech E63 AMG

    Re: Golf R 400

    Yeah, I'm liking this car as well. I bet it'll cost $50k, though. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds doesn't have a whole lot of company.

  4. #3
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid mgescuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    43,497
    Thanks
    3,920
    Thanked 2,047 Times in 2,105 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

    Re: Golf R 400

    Quote Originally Posted by big swede View Post
    If produced it will certainly trump the CLA AMG in Turbo 2.0 hp and the VW will have AWD. I can't imagine how much fun to drive this car will be.
    CLA45 AMG is a 4MATIC. The Golf RS would be more of an A45 AMG competitor, don't you think?

    But... 45 more HP is significant in this class....

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 LetsRace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,600
    Thanks
    1,090
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 982 Posts

    Re: Golf R 400

    A 50 grand Golf?? No thanks!
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."
    - Aristotle

  7. #5
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    8,730
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked 793 Times in 394 Posts
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

    Re: Golf R 400

    Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro View Post
    CLA45 AMG is a 4MATIC. The Golf RS would be more of an A45 AMG competitor, don't you think?

    But... 45 more HP is significant in this class....
    Agree on all counts. We can't give VW too much credit until the vehicle is for sale. I think $49,999 is a realistic price for a car like this. You're just not going to get that kind of performance for a cheap price that's for sure. You can't just see Golf and say no way to the price.

    You are getting a very nice interior along with 400HP, AWD and not much over 3000lbs. Oh yeah!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to big swede For This Useful Post:

    mgescuro (04-21-2014)

  9. #6
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Sal Collaziano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,925
    Thanks
    314
    Thanked 920 Times in 538 Posts
    My Ride
    RENNtech E63 AMG

    Re: Golf R 400

    Quote Originally Posted by big swede View Post
    Agree on all counts. We can't give VW too much credit until the vehicle is for sale. I think $49,999 is a realistic price for a car like this. You're just not going to get that kind of performance for a cheap price that's for sure. You can't just see Golf and say no way to the price.

    You are getting a very nice interior along with 400HP, AWD and not much over 3000lbs. Oh yeah!
    Yeah. $50k is actually reasonable for what you're getting. It certainly wouldn't be "just a Golf". It would be faster than an M3.

  10. #7
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 asrapid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    3,043
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 602 Posts

    Re: Golf R 400

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Yeah. $50k is actually reasonable for what you're getting. It certainly wouldn't be "just a Golf". It would be faster than an M3.
    With time of 0-60 mph in 3.9 s it would be as fast as CTS-V

  11. #8
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Sal Collaziano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,925
    Thanks
    314
    Thanked 920 Times in 538 Posts
    My Ride
    RENNtech E63 AMG

    Re: Golf R 400

    Quote Originally Posted by asrapid1 View Post
    With time of 0-60 mph in 3.9 s it would be as fast as CTS-V
    Right. And some people (outside of GMI) are pissed that it'll cost more than $35k. :p

  12. #9
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    8,730
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked 793 Times in 394 Posts
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

    Re: Golf R 400

    Quote Originally Posted by asrapid1 View Post
    With time of 0-60 mph in 3.9 s it would be as fast as CTS-V
    You are essentially getting 90% of the performance of a GT-R at 50% of the price.

  13. #10
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Sal Collaziano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,925
    Thanks
    314
    Thanked 920 Times in 538 Posts
    My Ride
    RENNtech E63 AMG

    Re: Golf R 400

    Quote Originally Posted by big swede View Post
    You are essentially getting 90% of the performance of a GT-R at 50% of the price.
    Exactly. But VW owners want it for free.

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2