DELTA 4x4 VW Amarok

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: DELTA 4x4 VW Amarok

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 PontiacBixler's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe

DELTA 4x4 VW Amarok

Delta 4x4 Releases Off-Road Package for VW Amarok
    By Mike Lysaght, Correspondent | Published Oct 18, 2011

UNTERUMBACH, Germany — Off-road tuner Delta 4x4 has released an upgrade package called The Beast for the Volkswagen Amarok pickup truck.

The Amarok is a midsize pickup built in South America by Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. Delta 4x4 saw some off-road potential in the truck and starts by strapping on a 4-inch lift kit that allows for 36 degrees of driving slope. That works with a front grille guard, PIAA 520 lights, fender flares, running boards and a back styling bar to give the Amarok a new aggressive look...

continue to Edmunds Inside Line for entire article...

I thought this was interesting with Chevy bringing the new Colorado design to foreign markets. I would personally rather have this than the new Colorado (and I love the new Colorado design too!).
    What is happening to the GM that grew up with for these many decades? If I could I would institute a hostile take over and kick the entire board and executives out and fill the positions with creative minds under the age of 35.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,431 Times in 1,518 Posts
    My Ride
    MY16 Holden Colorado LS-X Man

Re: DELTA 4x4 VW Amarok

The biggest problem with the Amorak is the servicing cost

Tradesman buying this sort of crewcab thinking it will be as cheap to service as the Hilux they just traded on it might baulk at the first oil change

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Slideways's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    12 cylinders via two cars

Dang, it looks more like a truck than the new Colorado.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks

Screw the Colorado. I want one of these. Mexico is oh so close to me too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,094 Posts
    My Ride
    The Toyota Rat Catcher

Some more relevant back ground.

2012 Volkswagen Amarok Will Get 8-speed Automatic Gearbox Option

2012 VW Amarok

For the 2012MY Amarok, the German automaker Volkswagen will offer as an optional feature an 8-speed automatic gearbox which promises to reduce fuel consumption.

Fitted with an all-time 4-wheel drive system and a new 2.0-liter bi-turbo TDI engine that develops 180 PS (132 kW) mated to the 8-speed transmission, the Amarok will be able to have a fuel consumption of only 7.6 liters / 100 km while CO2 emissions will be of 199 g/km.

The additional gear has been configured as a fuel-saving overdrive gear which will operate at low engine speed.

Although performances are somewhat irrelevant in a pickup truck that has a diesel engine, we have to mention that the VW Amarok needs 8.5 seconds from 80 to 120 km/h and it can hit a top speed of 179 km/h.

Thanks to the implementation of this 8-speed transmission, the truck’s towing capacity has been increased to 3.2 metric tons.

So, not only it looks good, but it is also a frugal truck that has an impressive towing capacity.

It seems that VW has found the recipe for success once again.

Source: Volkswagen
    http://www.rpmgo.com/2012-volkswagen...gearbox-option

- with about 310 pd ft of torque.........

Damn shame to see how behind the new Global 'small' PU / Colorado is right out the gate.

But hey, maybe a BEV Spark could tide one other until they fix things....... oh, wait.......
    Last edited by AMERICA 123; 10-22-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    "From tech stocks to high gas prices, Goldman Sachs has engineered every major market manipulation since the Great Depression — and they're about to do it again."
    "The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money."
    "If America is circling the drain, Goldman Sachs has found a way to be that drain — " Matt Taibbi

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information