BMW Announces Price Adjustment in the US

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: BMW Announces Price Adjustment in the US

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

BMW Announces Price Adjustment in the US

New prices take effect January 1, 2012
    Woodcliff Lake, NJ – November 23, 2011… BMW of North America today announced a modest inflationary price increase effective January 1, 2012. The Destination and Handling fee for all models will be increased to $895 on that date as well. This increase is less than one percent and applies to the models listed in the table below. In these tough economic times a careful balance was attained between the competitive situation, inflationary conditions, and market realities.
    BMW Group

BMW.png

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: BMW Announces Price Adjustment in the US

I find it amazing that people have tried to belittle Cadillac for it's potential pricing of the ATS, CTS, and XTS, but give BMW a pass on their pricing of the 1,3,5 and X series. The day I pay $40K for a 3series Compact, is the day that I believe that's it's safe to not have a gun in the house.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PearlsRider View Post
    I find it amazing that people have tried to belittle Cadillac for it's potential pricing of the ATS, CTS, and XTS, but give BMW a pass on their pricing of the 1,3,5 and X series. The day I pay $40K for a 3series Compact, is the day that I believe that's it's safe to not have a gun in the house.
    I haven't seen anyone belittle Cadillac for its pricing of the ATS, CTS and XTS and few have given BMW a pass for its pricing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    I haven't seen anyone belittle Cadillac for its pricing of the ATS, CTS and XTS and few have given BMW a pass for its pricing.
    The belittlement comes when the very idea of Pricing the XTS under $50K is suggested. I will agree that Cadillac certainly needs to repackage itself and do away with base models that are unworthy of it's name. It's cars, considering what BMW rips people off for, are vastly under-priced. Once the ATS hits the lots Cadillac pricing should jump $5K per model.

1) ATS- ATS-V: Starting at $35K-$65K
    2) SRX- SRX-V: Starting at $35K-$65K. I put a Vseries in there due to the Future Cadillac thread I read here
    3) CTS-CTS-V: $42K-$80K, or pretty much the Performance Package and up
    4) CTC-CTC-V: $47K-$87K
    5) XTS-XTS-P: $55K-90K.
    6) Escalade: $60-90K
    7) ELR: $50-60K
    8) SLX: $50-80K
    9) XLR: $80-150K

And people would say that this is insane to up the price like this but if they don't they run a risk of being priced very similar to Buick in some situations. The XTS is the Flagship for now and it should be priced accordingly. $55K, considering the boring LS460 is starting at $67K, makes my stomach hurt thinking about it being such a bargain.

Banned
    Thanks

Well at least Cadillac should really make the most of this. "We're cheap compared to the other guys so buy our cars!"

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

The belittlement comes when the very idea of Pricing the XTS under $50K is suggested. I will agree that Cadillac certainly needs to repackage itself and do away with base models that are unworthy of it's name. It's cars, considering what BMW rips people off for, are vastly under-priced. Once the ATS hits the lots Cadillac pricing should jump $5K per model.

2) SRX- SRX-V: Starting at $35K-$65K. I put a Vseries in there due to the Future Cadillac thread I read here

And people would say that this is insane to up the price like this but if they don't they run a risk of being priced very similar to Buick in some situations. The XTS is the Flagship for now and it should be priced accordingly. $55K, considering the boring LS460 is starting at $67K, makes my stomach hurt thinking about it being such a bargain.
    GM is filled with a lot of smart people who have figured out what the pricing should be relative to the competition so that sales volume is maintained. A BMW will command higher prices because it's a BMW, and people are willing to pay more for a BMW. I agree they're overpriced, but they're priced at what people value them and are willing to pay for them. Although it's important to note that a lot of BMWs are leased, and leases can even be cheaper despite the higher MSRP because they're based on how BMW assesses depreciation.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,431 Times in 1,518 Posts
    My Ride
    MY16 Holden Colorado LS-X Man

Quote Originally Posted by PanteraFTW View Post
    Well at least Cadillac should really make the most of this. "We're cheap compared to the other guys so buy our cars!"
    Or maybe even simpler and say "we're cheap"

Thanks

Those prices you listed are no cheaper than a comparable BMW or Merc, so I don't see a problem with raising the prices when the Alpha rolls out. Raising the prices will allow more room for Buick to advance it's premium FWD/AWD aspirations, and in turn, leave more room for Chevy.

ATS/ATS-V (sub-comp)
    24-34k
    BTS/BTS-V (comp)
    33-53k
    CTS-CTS-V (mid size)
    47k-77k
    DTS/DTS-V (full size)
    66-106k
    FTS/FTS-V (personal limo)
    90-140k

While the XTS moves to it's rightful place, as an uber-Buick LaCrosse. After the uber LaCrosse, we’ll have room for the coming of the uber-Regal and uber-Verano.
    I have seen the boobs. And they is us.

Thanks

so you're saying that the bts would be the Ats. And the Ats would be a whole new vehicle smaller than even what we are expecting to come out on alpha? I don't think so. I don't think that's Cadillac should have anything under 30,000 dollars

12. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information