Audi S8 and S6 Ready for Launch

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi S8 and S6 Ready for Launch

Thanks

Audi S8 and S6 Ready for Launch

Rumors revolving around the S8 suggest that Audi originally planned a subtle front spoiler design similar to the standard A8, that is until a dealer meeting in Germany for American dealer principals. The US is an important market for the S8 and American dealers thought Audi should design a more aggressive chin. The accompanying digitally created S8 image shows our best guess on the way the chin might look, utilizing elements from the A6 S-line and S4 bumper covers.

The German Auto Magazine Auto Motor und Sport has reported power of 450-hp from a detuned version of the V10 shared with the Lamborghini Gallardo. That figure is “fairly accurate” according to a source at Audi. Straight-line performance of the S8 is not expected to be any faster than the current W12, though lower weight and more aggressive suspension should mean improved handling over the 12-cylinder version.

The S6 is now expected to make its world launch at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, shortly after the beginning of the new year. It seems Audi is not only serious about bringing its S and RS models to market, they’re serious about the sub brands’ potential for North America. First with dealers getting a say in the S8, and now a worldwide launch in America, it seems Dr. Winterkorn wasn’t kidding when he named the U.S. with China as his top two targets for expanding the Audi brand.

Link: http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_1707.shtml

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Audi S8 and S6 Ready for Launch

I don't care for the new Audi grille, but that S8 is still an amazing car.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,100 Times in 2,119 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Sorry... I still can't get myself to look past that ugly grille.
    Audi's design no longer flows. It looks like they just glued a new face onto the old body.

It's very disappointing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 AdmiralViscen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro
    Sorry... I still can't get myself to look past that ugly grille.
    Audi's design no longer flows. It looks like they just glued a new face onto the old body.

It's very disappointing.
    Agreed.
    Hidden Content
    God Bless the Blue Bullet.

Thanks

When it comes to looks, it's all about the personal taste. But I think these new Audis look very good, but then it's just me.

And they're getting even faster, since Audi decided to get out of the 155Mph German Gentlemen Agreement. So expect the next Audi RS4 Avant to go up to 200Mph.

BTW: You guys can call me crazy, but I never liked the rounded fat shape of the Audi TT either. And to make matters worse: The TT is a car for tossers. This sort of people only buy the TT, because of its either you love either you hate it looks. It's a marmite car.

In other words: TT buyers only buy these things, because they want so badly to be noticed. They don't care if the TT does not handle properly, they all care about if Black is the best colour and which one looks more flashy: The Coupe or the Cabriolet? Poor fools...barely they know, their precious "speedsters" are nothing more than dressed up Volkswagen New Beetles.

Thanks

With they be RS or S? RS has more power; for instace my dads 95 S6 has 250, but the 2004 RS6 had 450. S4 340, RS4 4__.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by surferdude00711
    With they be RS or S? RS has more power; for instance my dads 95 S6 has 250, but the 2004 RS6 had 450. S4 340, RS4 4__.
    S, I think. Along with possessing greater performance potential, RS variants tend to launch after S-line cars. And if the new S4 and RS4 are indicative of future aesthetic differing, RS cars will exchange the S-lines' AMG-esque subtlety for more aggressive cues such as the honeycomb grille pattern and more pronounced fender flares...

Thanks
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

well, I find myself disagreeing with some, but hey, it's all personal taste like Kowalski said.

I think that the new Audis look awesome, they are aggressive and elegant at the same time. I think it will be really neat to see the S8 and the S6 variants, although I am a bit afraid to hear what they might cost! It will also be interesting to see if they run into little problems with reliability, or if maybe they have taken a little time to work things out and fix the problems. Any way, Interesting little article! Thanks for sharing!

-Chase

Thanks

That S8 is stunning.

Thanks

The S8/A8 is by FAR the best looking car in its class. Followed by the classy looking XJR. Everything else is just to ordinary or played out.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Vintalage's Avatar
    Thanks

That S8 is simply beautiful. Love the new design direction and have never had an issue with the split grill. It's different and a new signature for their vehicles.
    Hidden Content

The Recession may be over but the Greatest Depression has only just begun.

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK 430
    1988 Nissan 300ZX 5 spd
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 [Sold]
    1992 Honda Accord EX Sedan [Stolen]

Knowledge + Action = Power that builds an experience which forms wisdom

Thanks

did we ever get that issue about what the heck that litle sqaure right beneath the headlight is?
    otherwise...i personally love audi's new front fascia...looks a little big yes, but i think it fits in with the rest of the car...
    i loved the a8 as it was, but this takes it to a new level...very sharp
    does the volkswagon phaeton get to benifit off of this any?
    Hidden Content

Firebird1324- Mr.Goodwrench-In-Training

The Wheels-
    1991 Pontiac Firebird (5.7)
    1993 Chevy Caprice Classic Wagon (5.7)
    1976 Cadillac DeVille (8.2)
    1985 Yamaha QT50 Moped (.05)

Hasta la Victoria Siempre!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firebird1324
    did we ever get that issue about what the heck that litle sqaure right beneath the headlight is?
    otherwise...i personally love audi's new front fascia...looks a little big yes, but i think it fits in with the rest of the car...
    i loved the a8 as it was, but this takes it to a new level...very sharp
    does the volkswagon phaeton get to benifit off of this any?
    The squares below the headlights are cut-outs for the pop-up headlight washers.

I don't see VW investing any more money into the Phaeton considering what a sales failure it has been (as much as I like it).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kowalski
    When it comes to looks, it's all about the personal taste. But I think these new Audis look very good, but then it's just me.

In other words: TT buyers only buy these things, because they want so badly to be noticed. They don't care if the TT does not handle properly, they all care about if Black is the best colour and which one looks more flashy: The Coupe or the Cabriolet? Poor fools...barely they know, their precious "speedsters" are nothing more than dressed up Volkswagen New Beetles.
    i agree with you on the new audis looking good, but not so much on the TT.
    i like how the TT looks, with the wheels pushed to the corners, and the sleekness of it, it's just so cool lookig to me. the convertibles, however, i don't like. i personally think it looks best in the darker silver color audi offers on it. and to set some things straight, if anything, the beetle is a dressed-down TT. why? the TT was introduced in '95 (if im not mistaken), and the new beetle was introduced in '00 (again, unless my sources are false). and if you really think that the new beetle looks like the TT, you better look at this:

besides the fact that they are very round and both made by VW Group, THEY DON"T LOOK ALIKE.
    -camaroman22

Thanks

the TT was introduced in '95 (if im not mistaken), and the new beetle was introduced in '00 (again, unless my sources are false). and if you really think that the new beetle looks like the TT, you better look at this
    Hello camaroman22.

The Audi TT Concept was demonstrated at the 1995 Tokyo Motor Show as a concept car. The production model was released in 1999 and in the same year, Audi recalled the cars back and added the small rear spoiler, after they found out the TT had a tendency to flick out the back at high speeds, and 5 people were killed in accidents.

In fact: In the same year of 1995. Volkswagen also demonstrated the New Beetle in Tokyo. The VW was still known as the "Concept1". Volkswagen. released the New Beetle in 1998.

When I said, the TT was a tarted-up New Beetle, I was referring in terms of looks. I was pointing, both cars share the same platform. The New Beetle also shares the same platform, with the previous gen Volkswagen Passat, previous gen Skoda Octavia, previous gen Audi A3 and the VW Golf MK4.)

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information