Audi continues to Thrive in China

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Audi continues to Thrive in China

Thanks

Audi continues to Thrive in China

Audi Continues to Thrive in China.
    Source: www.autospectator.com

Audi is the undisputed number one among companies offering premium automobiles in China. The company with the four-ring emblem delivered 58,878 vehicles (including Hong Kong) to customers in 2005.* This represents an increase of 9.6 %. A total of 10,768 Audi A4 models (up 9.1 %) and 45,176 models of the A6L, the Chinese version of the Audi A6 (up 8.2 %) were produced for the Chinese market in the context of the FAW-VW joint venture. In terms of imports (2,934 vehicles, up 40.5 %) the Audi A8 recorded significant growth (up 75.1 %) to 2,108 vehicles.

Ralph Weyler, Audi Board Member for Marketing and Sales, commented, "This result represents a tremendous success for us. We are continuing to make good progress. Before the end of the year we will have launched more models – including the A4 Cabriolet and the Audi Q7 – on the Chinese market." With the new standardised sales structure, Audi will be able to increase its sales volume significantly through the current total of around 120 exclusive Audi Centres.

China is the third-largest export market for Audi, and the biggest export market for the A6 saloon. 70 % of all vehicle sales are to private customers. Audi has been present in China since 1988.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Audi continues to Thrive in China

congrads to audi glad to see there doing well. My friends father lives in China and ownes an A6 great cars

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BobLikesBunnies
    congrads to audi glad to see there doing well. My friends father lives in China and ownes an A6 great cars

Oddly enough, the Chinese Audi A6 is actually lengthier than the European Audi A6.

The Chinese version is actually the A6 LWB, and as far as I know, the long-wheel-base is not available in Europe or NA.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,051 Times in 2,107 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Wasn't there talk of Cadillac offering an STS-L in China as an Executive car of soem sort??

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

mgescuro, are you referring to the Buick Royaum?

Otherwise, good news for Audi.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,051 Times in 2,107 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Quote Originally Posted by DanCBJMS1988
    mgescuro, are you referring to the Buick Royaum?
    Otherwise, good news for Audi.
    Nope. I'm talking about an extended length STS solely for the Chinese market.
    There, the use of executive cars is very popular and I had read somewhere that Cadillac would be producing an "STS-L" solely for that market. And GM would be building a Cadillac factory to build Sigmas in China.

But I hadn't heard anything after that.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro
    Nope. I'm talking about an extended length STS solely for the Chinese market.
    There, the use of executive cars is very popular and I had read somewhere that Cadillac would be producing an "STS-L" solely for that market. And GM would be building a Cadillac factory to build Sigmas in China.

But I hadn't heard anything after that.
    I heard that as well, nothing recently though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kowalski
    Oddly enough, the Chinese Audi A6 is actually lengthier than the European Audi A6.
    Would you say "lenghtier"? Anyway, there's something about stretched cars in China, the Lingyu (or whatever the spelling is) Passat is also stretched by 10 cm compared to original B5 Passat (the current Chinese Lingyu Passat is actually the Skoda Superb, which in turn was a European design based on the original stretched B5 Passat).

Besides, I would hardly call China "an export market" for the A6, as it's made in China, actually.

Thanks

Audi sees double-digit China growth after big January

FRANKFURT -- German carmaker Audi has targeted growth of at least 10 percent in China this year after sales leapt 245 percent in January to 6,384 units, the premium division of Volkswagen said on Tuesday.

Audi's Chinese sales including Hong Kong rose 9.6 percent in 2005 to a record 58,878 cars. "This year a double-digit sales growth rate should be achieved," it said in a statement.

Audi said it should get a sales boost this year by rolling out its new Q7 SUV and A4 convertible in China.

Source: Autonews.com

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

I wonder if it will have this same success when you see Audi in Putonghua.

Thanks

One Question : WHY????????? Why not Cadillac or BMW or Mercedes...I'd rather have these take it than audi. Heck, at least its better than lexus being the leader there though.

Thanks

Audi's been there since the 80s, I believe, through a VW joint-venture with FAW. Audi-based limos gradually replaced original Chinese Hongqui (Red Flag) limos (save for the top-of-the-line ancient model, which was lately replaced by something resembling Lincoln Town Car, not sure if with Ford's concern or not), and smaller Audis and VW sedans have been on sale for quite some time there.

Given how present-day Audis, Mercedes, BMWs and Cadillacs look, I am starting to see a reason for choosing an Audi. If you don't see one from the outside, look inside.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information