A4 outsells 3-Series in Germany.

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: A4 outsells 3-Series in Germany.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus
    Have sales for GM not seen in Hidden Content ? Hidden Content

Go Tigers!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: A4 outsells 3-Series in Germany.

I've been pretty impressed with the new A4. The only thing I don't like about it is that its FWD or AWD. If they made it RWD, I'm sure they would sell alot more units.

emh
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 631 Posts

Audio has clearly regained their design mojo (exterior and interior) after floundering for a couple of years.
    "The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion" -- John Lawton

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Quote Originally Posted by emh View Post
    Audio has clearly regained their design mojo (exterior and interior) after floundering for a couple of years.
    They have had interiors nailed for a long time and now that they are nailing the exteriors some of their interiors are dropping a level or three. I saw a comparison on a German car site from and Audi owner who became so disappointed with the Audi interior that he went out and bought a Benz and did a great comparison. Much to my surprise the Benz was clearly superior in fit and finish.

emh
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by big swede View Post
    They have had interiors nailed for a long time and now that they are nailing the exteriors some of their interiors are dropping a level or three.
    For me, the current A6 was a big letdown in both interior and exterior design after the prior one being pretty much best in class inside and out. The new A4 on the other hand, is quite well done -- including the interior -- for it's class. Which is why I think they are "back".

The R8 interior, on the other hand, is a whole different story (for its price).
    "The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion" -- John Lawton

Ach
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emh View Post
    For me, the current A6 was a big letdown in both interior and exterior design after the prior one being pretty much best in class inside and out. The new A4 on the other hand, is quite well done -- including the interior -- for it's class. Which is why I think they are "back".

The R8 interior, on the other hand, is a whole different story (for its price).
    Interesting...I've never sat in the current A6 (except for an S6 in a showroom) but I always thought that the current A8 (which I have spent a bit of time in) was class-leading in interior design and quality and a big step up from the last A8. I also quite liked the interior of the outgoing A4.

I agree that the new A4 is well done...compared to the 3-series/C-Class, it just looks so much better in and out and seems a bit roomier, IMHO. I could see how a typical shopper would prefer an A4 2.0T over a 328i/C300.
    The Fleet:
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport AWD
    2000 Ford SVT Contour
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    1985 BMW 635CSi

The Past:
    2007 Lincoln MKZ
    1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC
    1995 BMW 530i
    1998 Olds Aurora
    1994 Infiniti Q45t
    1988 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
    1989 Acura Legend Coupe L
    1989 Olds Eighty Eight Royale

Thanks

The 3er is just old now. The A4 is all-new, and BMW has separated the volume-enhancing 3er Compact into the 1er series, which is btw in the top 3 of the compact class (while the 3er, A4, C-Klasse, Passat and Mondeo make up the top 5 of the intermediate class). This is a huge victory for Audi, and well deserved, but it's not entirely a knock-out to the 3er.

Do also bear in mind Audis are still cheaper than BMWs in Germany. The all-new Audi A4 starts at EUR 26.500, the BMW 3er, being an old car, still start EUR 1.500 higher.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Holden Astra CDX

I don't really like the A4. First off the base models are FWD and I think that is pretty lazy for a company attempting to rival BMW and Mercedes. Second, I have sat in one and honestly I don't see what the big deal is. You sit far too low and I don't see how it is anymore spacious than a 3 or C. Thirdly, there are much cheaper FWD cars that drive better than this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information