2006 Paris Motor Show: Renault Nepta Concept

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 2006 Paris Motor Show: Renault Nepta Concept

Thanks

2006 Paris Motor Show: Renault Nepta Concept

Renault Nepta Concept at Paris Motor Show

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lWgtCpLGp8

Nepta: A prestige cabriolet for genuine driving please

Renault is unveiling its new Nepta concept car, a four-seater cabriolet
    with fluid lines and a thoroughbred profile. The low-slung body shape is an
    expression of elegance and movement, while the spacious and comfortable
    interior has all the hallmarks of a top-end model.

Nepta is a dynamic four-seater GT cabriolet, offering performance at the wheel that is worthy of a prestige sedan.

“The breath-taking proportions and innovative elegance of Nepta are a clear expression of Renault's great tradition in body style design. With its unique opening panels and a style that combines volume and vitality, Nepta
    is a resolutely modern vehicle.”

An attractive and dynamic cabriolet

This flowing, elegant four-seater cabriolet is an expression of Renault’s vision of driving pleasure. The wave-shaped side panels give an impression of
    fluidity and highlight Nepta’s long body shape; an effect that is further enhanced by the special anodic aluminium colour treatment on the lower part of the body shell, the mud flaps and the front and rear spoilers.

The front end is simple yet expressive. The LED headlights are made up of three assemblies: the daytime running lights, the dipped and main beam
    headlights and the steering lights. The headlights use a technology based on the reflection and propagation of light. The light beam from the main headlights is reflected by crystal-shaped transparent blocks that are electronically controlled for more precise lighting. The quantity and distribution of the light automatically adapts to the driving conditions.
    The rounded forms of the front wings are enhanced by the innovative boomerang-shaped indicator lights, positioned at the top of the lighting units.

The long and tapered rear end, which is punctuated by the crystals of the rear lights, adds a further sense of movement to Nepta. The overhang is longer at the rear than at the front, highlighting the vehicle’s attractive proportions and flowing line. Nepta is an echo of the golden age of automotive styling, while remaining resolutely modern and innovative.

Nepta is a combination of the dream car and the love of fine mechanical engineering. The motor-driven gull wing doors open to reveal the interior and the engine, which is elegantly housed in its compartment. The centrally positioned door hinges are covered by polished aluminium panels representing a shooting star that runs the full length of the front bonnet, contributing to the impression of movement that the body shell creates.

A luxuriously welcoming and roomy interior Nepta boasts all the features found in prestige models with discreet technology for greater on-board comfort. The dashboard appears to be suspended, while the extensions of the
    windscreen illuminate the pedal unit and make for a bright and clear
    driving station. The rev counter and cone-shaped instruments are surrounded by leather trim. The design of the instruments pays tribute to vehicles
    of the past, while the aluminium treatment adds a modern touch.
    The combination of analogue and digital displays is a further expression
    of classic cars and the modern era. The air conditioning controls located
    at each end of the dashboard can be independently adjusted by each
    occupant and combine advanced technology and ease of use.

The intuitive controls are inspired by the Touch Design approach. The centrally-mounted, rotary gear shift is easy and comfortable to use. The conveniently positioned multimedia information controls can be easily reached, while the stalk switches and control paddles mounted on the steering wheel are designed to match the shape of the driver’s hands.
    The seats are fixed, but the steering wheel and the pedals can be adjusted by a motor-driven mechanism to match the driver’s dimensions.
    The dashboard features special storage compartments for glasses and
    other personal objects, while the central console also has a sliding
    cubby located between the rear seats.

The red leather upholstery creates an impression of continuity between
    the vehicle interior and the engine compartment. Both bench seats are
    coated with leather decorated with printed patterns. The four comfortable
    seats are secured to the floor by aluminium struts reminiscent of
    sailing boats.

DVD screens with folding protective covers are installed in the upper sections of the backs of the front seats. The lower sections are decorated with elegant leather netting that is ideal for storing magazines.

The rear passengers are protected against turbulence by the transparent air deflectors positioned between the front and rear seats.

A powerplant designed for pleasure

Nepta’s longitudinally mounted 3.5-liter V6 petrol engine is the embodiment of pleasure at the wheel. This 420hp powerplant takes just 4.9 seconds to
    reach 100kph from a standing start. Coupled to the seven-speed automatic gearbox with flick-shift controls mounted on the steering wheel, this direct
    injection petrol engine combines an outstanding drive with a significant reduction in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.

Michelin

This tyre was designed specifically to take account of the aerodynamic constraints related to the effects of speed and the loads generated by
    the tyre as it moves through the air.

The effect is created by a tread with a large pattern that is shallow and gradually deepens from the inner to the outer shoulder. The shape
    of the tread is reminiscent of the air flows and the vortex effect.

The inside, which is smoother and more solid, provides the stiffness required to transmit the engine torque and provide traction, very much
    like a slick tyre. The tread on the outer shoulder is deeper for better grip and improved control of vehicle direction.

The outer wall of this tyre was designed for a more sporty drive and increased comfort, while retaining the road-holding and the grip offered by
    the PAX tyre.

Valeo

Nepta’s lighting systems use high-performance LEDs (light-emitting diodes). The colour of the LEDs improves visibility and is more gentle on
    the eyes. The LEDs are more durable than current light sources and consume less energy, making them the ideal choice for future vehicles.

At the front, the dipped and main beam functions are housed in a single unit. They use Valeo’s T.I.R. (Total Internal Reflection) technology, which is based on the faculty of light to be propagated and reflected through matter without
    loss. This technology, which is also used in optical fibres, is applied in this case to the three dimensions of a block of crystal, offering improved performance, more compact parts and a unique appearance.

The main beam lamps feature a steering function that switches on a line of LEDs as the steering wheel is turned. Nepta is the first vehicle in the world fitted with rear lights that use Valeo’s 2.5D technology,which allows for a whole new approach to the design of signalling functions. Based on the combination of LEDs and light guides, this technology brings together more
    compact dimensions and greater freedom in shape design.

TECHNICAL DATA SHEET

Overall length 4,995mm
    Door length 3,760mm
    Width (excluding rear view mirrors) 1,956mm
    Height 1,332mm
    Height with doors open
    (excluding rear view mirrors)
    1,864mm
    Wheelbase 2,845mm
    Front and rear track 1,674mm
    Front overhang 890mm
    Rear overhang 1,260mm
    Ground clearance 175mm
    Unladen weight 1,490kg
    Powertrain
    Engine V6 3.5-liter 24 V IDE twin-turbo petrol engine
    Power 309 kW / 420hp and max. torque of 560Nm at 3,000rpm
    Acceleration 0 to 100kph in 4.9s
    Consumption Max. CO2 emission of 222g/km, i.e. fuel consumption of 9.4l/100km in standard cycle
    Gearbox 7-speed automatic with steering wheel-mounted flick-shift
    Transmission
    Rear wheel drive with front, longitudinally-mounted engine
    23’’ wheels
    Tyres: PAX 275-710 R 750 EOLUS
    Partners
    Valeo Total Internal Reflection technology for the front lighting functions
    Exclusive 2.5D technology using LEDs / light guides for the rear lights
    Steering function that switches on a line of LEDs as the steering wheel is turned
    Michelin EOLUS tyres
    Montupet Special 23’’ lightweight alloy wheels, six brushed and polished aluminium struts
    Interior equipment
    • Four independent seats made of leather with printed decorations
    • Anti-turbulence air deflectors between the front and rear seats
    • Motor-driven adjustment of the steering wheel and pedal positions
    • Analogue and digital instruments
    • DVD screens in the backrests of the front seats with folding protective covers
    Exterior equipment
    • Motor-driven gull wing doors for access to the front and rear seats and the engine compartment
    • Electronic obstacle detection and anti-pinch devices
    • Carbon bodywork
    • High-performance LED lighting and signalling functions
    • Canvas hood with rigid cover
    • Anti-roll bars that can be mounted at the rear

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: 2006 Paris Motor Show: Renault Nepta Concept

I prefer the Citroen. The Nepta is interesting, but doesn't have anything that I particularly like.
    My thoughts and random babblings...
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GM_Fanatic
    I prefer the Citroen. The Nepta is interesting, but doesn't have anything that I particularly like.
    I agree.

But I quite like the 3.5 V6 Twin Turbo 420 Bhp engine.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

Chrome interior trimmings in a convertible is the height of stupidity (unless you are always driving off into the sunset). The wheelsa are waaaay too big. Surfacing is about as featureless as a an outback highway. Blech!
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

2b2
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 2b2's Avatar
    Thanks

Tho I don't care for Renault's new front look (can't really call it a grille), I'm surprised by how big it is and how LONG it looks. From this angle (& this angle only!)

it wouldn't make a bad Lincoln cabrio
    re: EV styling
    "...like a bunch of 1960's Citroen designers would do given LSD and a room full of Pokemon....in a good sort of way"
    Hidden Content best fanboy def Ever
    " 4: Oh. My. God!!! My favorite shade of white!!!!! "

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 69Firebird400's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '13 S6, '13 Sienna, '17 Q5

Very odd with the minimal front overhang and the excessive rear overhang. What's up with that? I think the proportions would look way better if the rear axle were 12 inches further back. The overhang at 1260 mm is 49.6 inches. The front overhang is 35 inches.

The front end is relatively attractive and the gullwing-ish door concept is pretty original on a convertible. Nothing to hate about the turbo V6.
    Hidden Content
    2013 Audi S6 4.0T quattro
    2013 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Buick Encore Leather

Is it just me, or is this thing made from a Nissan 350z? The Wheel base looks about the same as a "z" and that engine definetly Screams VQ35 from Nissan. Any body else have a similar opinion?
    "I Can't Drive....55 !!!! "Hidden Content

Current Rides
    2006 Chev HHR 2LT( traded in )
    2007 Equinox 2LS AWDHidden Content Hidden Content (just traded in for....):
    2010 Traverse AWD 2LTHidden Content

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Get rid of those ***** doors, and give it a Velite front end, and it would make a perfect Buick.

Elk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 69Firebird400
    Very odd with the minimal front overhang and the excessive rear overhang. What's up with that?
    I guess they must have been inspired by old Buicks.

And I like it because it looks like an old Buick.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 69Firebird400's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '13 S6, '13 Sienna, '17 Q5

Quote Originally Posted by Elk
    I guess they must have been inspired by old Buicks.

And I like it because it looks like an old Buick.
    Could be; the first car that came to my mind was the Chrysler Sebring convertible, at least in terms of rear overhang.
    Hidden Content
    2013 Audi S6 4.0T quattro
    2013 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD

GMI Contributor Premium Member
    Thanks

It could use more balance. Less "curve" in the front end. Just more toning down a bit, and it could be ok. It's one of those things that grows on you..

GMI's Revitalization in Action Director
    Check out our latest lineup by Hidden Content
    Follow me on Twitter Hidden Content

If you've got inside news and would like to be anonymous news source, send me a private message or email me Hidden Content .

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information