Looks like the Genesis Coupe is about to become a muscle car. - Page 4

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looks like the Genesis Coupe is about to become a muscle car.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Re: Looks like the Genesis is about to become a muscle car.

Quote Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
    That's not muscle car territory.
    It was 10 years ago lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    Holden S2 LX Captiva diesel

Quote Originally Posted by isszy View Post
    Hyundai had a very impressive display at the Australian Grand Prix (Holden and Ford were both conspicuous by their absence) with the whole range on display and no issue with my 12 year old son climbing in, out and on every car on each of the 4 days. The 'hostesses' all looked about 16 though - maybe I'm just getting old.
    The Genesis looks good except for the bit on the front grille that I think is a camera cover (although I notice the same thing on Mercs) but is currently a bit too gentile for the mainstream yobbo or bogan to replace his Commodore SS with. The $60K base price would hurt a bit too. I think if Hyundai want the market, it is probably theirs with not much work.
    Had a Genesis 2 weeks ago to review and was mighty impressed with it, the ride was great and it full of features only had the entry level model but everyone that saw it couldn't believe it was the entry level model.
    They are going to be fighting with Chrysler for that part of the market when Holden and Ford goes as the 300c will be the only large sedan on the market. They are trying to target the luxury market and I don't think they are quite there yet, stepping out of a Genesis into a V40 Volvo which is no where the top of their range I can see where the quality of materials is not quite there in the Genesis.
    Look out im on twitter @kts350
    3 on the Tree Hidden Content size="4">http://kts350.wix.com/3onthetree

YEH
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guionM View Post
    When the Genesis coupe first came out, I was pretty amped up about it. RWD, turbo 4 and V6 engines, manuals, expected low price, smaller size...I expected these things to bring in a new era of sports coupes that both GM and Ford would follow.......... the reality was a let down on all sides.

The car weighed as much as the much bigger Mustang V6 and in best form handled worse than the base Mustang. The turbo 4 cylinder that was shared with Mitsubishi and Chrysler never quite got up to SRT4 or Evo engines. The car was priced as much as a Mustang GT. Everything just didn't equal the expectations, and ever since, it's seemed the Hyundai has been making attempts to catch up that are either halfhearted, or beyond their abilities to do.

I want to like the Genesis coupe. I believe future performance coupes will be much like them: smaller, turbo 4s offering low cost performance to the younger generation, V6s that make the cars perform the way today's 400+hp V8s do today in cars that are tossable sized, price competitively, and heaps of fun to drive. But the Genesis coupe (and Hyundai) seems to be incapable of delivering.

It's a shame too. They could have started an entirely new evolution.
    The Genesis coupe was never meant to compete with the pony cars and also wasn't meant to be a smaller, lighter sports car.

It was always meant to be a competitor to the entry-level luxury coupes even tho the original Genesis coupe only took a half step.

And while yes, it had some issues (too porky for one), it usually held up well against the pony cars in comparison tests even tho it really didn't belong there.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Back!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ruperts Trooper View Post
    On that basis, you can fit a V8 to almost anything.
    Yes, but I'm not going as far with that analogy as you are. My understanding is that no significant massaging is required to fit the Tau in a garage, it just doesn't work on an assembly line

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Looks like the Genesis Coupe is about to become a muscle car.

What is going on in this sphere today? There must have been some new announcements and releases for now? Share the latest news if you have. Or tell us where to read and watch feedbacks. I am in California, https://areaphonecodes.com/united-states/619. I believe they must have held some presentations here. Please update if you have some information.
    Last edited by weeriils; 04-27-2020 at 11:22 AM.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information