End of the Line for the Dodge Journey? Journey Loses its V6

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: End of the Line for the Dodge Journey? Journey Loses its V6

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Buick Regal Turbo

End of the Line for the Dodge Journey? Journey Loses its V6

The 2020 Dodge Journey sticks with the formula that's served it for its entire 11-year lifespan so far, which is to say nothing more than incremental changes will usher in the new year. The lineup shrinks by half, the SE and GT trims going away, leaving the SE Value and Crossroad trims. The end of the Journey GT means the end of the 283-horsepower, 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 for the Journey, the two remaining models powered by the 2.4-liter four-cylinder with 172 horsepower and 165 pound-feet of torque shifting through a four-speed automatic. The SE Value sits on 17-inch steelies with wheel covers and turns the front wheels only, the Crossroad rides on 19-inchers and offers all-wheel drive.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/09/08/...#slide-2166907

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,964 Times in 1,928 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Re: End of the Line for the Dodge Journey? Journey Loses its V6

I think this thing is getting a little long in the tooth. It seems like it's been around unchanged like forever now. I feel like it's a bummer about the V-6 going away.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 669 Posts
    My Ride
    E93, STS, MX5, CRV

The Single Mom Express

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jesda1 For This Useful Post:

CJH (09-15-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 657 Posts

The worst CUV in history. (even the Aztec)

We have taken more Late Model Journeys in on trade than any other Competition's vehicles.

Most of them just before the warranty runs out, with the Customers claiming they cannot afford to own it without warranty.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to InCogKneeToe For This Useful Post:

DequindreToo (09-09-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

We had several in our fleet at one point. They were the very definition of a mixed bag. Some would be 100% trouble free, yet others would constantly be needing repairs. Mostly the repairs were minor and annoying, but we did have a few of the 3.6's with cam/head issues. Still, they were a decent midsize crossover. Took many out of the company pool for trips up through the mountains in winter and they always handled well. FCA got many miles out of these.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,192 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

IMHO the Journey is NOT as bad as a LOT of people claim once you take in the selling price
    a "family SUV" from GM start in the $30K range where the Journey can be had for under $20K and that is the price GM wants for a CRUZE
    I also don't think the V6 is a big deal in a PRICE consciencius segment

IMHO I will be "sad" when the journey goes away and ANY NEW FAMILY car is over $30K starting
    the market NEEDS cheap and functional and GM is NOT serving that segment at all
    Last edited by richmond2000; 09-09-2019 at 02:20 PM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to richmond2000 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (09-09-2019),Citation84 (09-13-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (09-12-2019),Stéphane Dumas (09-09-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

Quote Originally Posted by richmond2000 View Post
    IMHO the Journey is NOT as bad as a LOT of people claim once you take in the selling price
    a "family SUV" from GM start in the $30K range where the Journey can be had for under $20K and that is the price GM wants for a CRUZE
    I also don't think the V6 is a big deal in a PRICE consciencius segment

IMHO I will be "sad" when the journey goes away and ANY NEW FAMILY car is over $30K starting
    the market NEEDS cheap and functional and GM is NOT serving that segment at all
    Pretty much. This car is picked on for no real reason. In certain forms it actually looks better than half it's competition and it's 11 years old. I know three people with these things. Two with the 3.6 and one with the V6 before the pentastar came into play (3.5 I think). All pretty solid cars for what they ask for them. Gas mileage in the 3.5 is the only thing I've heard being a complaint about the Journey. It's replacement can't get here soon enough though.
    RedSkyBlackDream

13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information