TFLTruck at Texas State Fair with the 2020 Super Duty

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: TFLTruck at Texas State Fair with the 2020 Super Duty

  1. #1
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    17,419
    Thanks
    2,121
    Thanked 4,312 Times in 2,476 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

    TFLTruck at Texas State Fair with the 2020 Super Duty




    Gotta say, the amount of configurations and options available is pretty mind boggling. Heck of an update IMHO.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

    Extreme4x4 (10-09-2019),SierraGS (10-12-2019)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  4. #2
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Carlsbad Commiefornia
    Posts
    29,356
    Thanks
    4,622
    Thanked 6,675 Times in 3,240 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

    Re: TFLTruck at Texas State Fair with the 2020 Super Duty

    Not my cup of tea these trucks, but it would seem like they can now outrun sports cars with ease...

  5. #3
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,677
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 716 Posts

    Re: TFLTruck at Texas State Fair with the 2020 Super Duty

    Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    Not my cup of tea these trucks, but it would seem like they can now outrun sports cars with ease...
    You're a Ford fanboi now...you better conform and like it.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6


    Hidden Content

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

    Ed753 (09-27-2019),Extreme4x4 (10-09-2019),JimmyDiablo (09-27-2019),SP1966 (09-27-2019),TruckMan (09-27-2019)

  7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  8. #4
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,507
    Thanks
    2,139
    Thanked 2,383 Times in 1,108 Posts

    Re: TFLTruck at Texas State Fair with the 2020 Super Duty

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    You're a Ford fanboi now...you better conform and like it.
    Now that he's driving a Ford he's going to have to work overtime to maintain his GM Fanboi cred! Judging by his avi he'd probably rather lose his man card than GM Fanboi card!

  9. #5
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Extreme4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Payson, AZ
    Posts
    6,082
    Thanks
    5,428
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 1,205 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport

    Re: TFLTruck at Texas State Fair with the 2020 Super Duty

    They are touting the payload. I wish all of the manufacturers would "teach" the public about what payload entails. On a camping site, a man with a 2016 Ram 1500 was complaining about a wallowy ride with his slide in camper. Now, mind you, it was only a popup cabover, but had a weight of 1900lbs. It took me about 10 seconds to figure out how overloaded it was................. without the driver in it. About 20 pages of arguing later, he shows another picture with a giant storage box on a front receiver blocking 1/2 of the grille, and the trailer with the jet ski's out back.

    Basically, he is a driving death trap with his truck riding on the bump stops. People are telling him to upgrade the shocks.................. LMAO. His truck has a payload rating of 1600lbs, and I'm being generous (depending on options). Some camper salesperson lied through their teeth when they said this would be a great idea, and this guy was arguing with everyone that it wasn't overloaded.

    There needs to be classes in payload. I see stupidity like this all of the time.
    The resident "girl"

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Extreme4x4 For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (10-14-2019),mbukukanyau (10-14-2019),SierraGS (10-12-2019)

  11. #6
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,741
    Thanks
    6,364
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,352 Posts

    Re: TFLTruck at Texas State Fair with the 2020 Super Duty

    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme4x4 View Post
    They are touting the payload. I wish all of the manufacturers would "teach" the public about what payload entails. On a camping site, a man with a 2016 Ram 1500 was complaining about a wallowy ride with his slide in camper. Now, mind you, it was only a popup cabover, but had a weight of 1900lbs. It took me about 10 seconds to figure out how overloaded it was................. without the driver in it. About 20 pages of arguing later, he shows another picture with a giant storage box on a front receiver blocking 1/2 of the grille, and the trailer with the jet ski's out back.

    Basically, he is a driving death trap with his truck riding on the bump stops. People are telling him to upgrade the shocks.................. LMAO. His truck has a payload rating of 1600lbs, and I'm being generous (depending on options). Some camper salesperson lied through their teeth when they said this would be a great idea, and this guy was arguing with everyone that it wasn't overloaded.

    There needs to be classes in payload. I see stupidity like this all of the time.
    Good Points!

    Quick Quiz

    Do the Driver and Passengers count as Payload????

    You already know the answer to that one I'm sure but bet most will give the wrong answer.

    It is truly amazing how many Truck buyers try to do 2500 Truck (or 3500 Truck!!!) tasks with a 1500 Truck.

    Same goes for towing, while a 1500 will tow over 10,000 lbs., most experienced truck owners who actually have towed for years will tell you that if you tow often, you should not go over 10,000 lbs in a 1500 and 9,000 is a better limit.

  12. #7
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Extreme4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Payson, AZ
    Posts
    6,082
    Thanks
    5,428
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 1,205 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport

    Re: TFLTruck at Texas State Fair with the 2020 Super Duty

    Quote Originally Posted by SierraGS View Post
    Good Points!

    Quick Quiz

    Do the Driver and Passengers count as Payload????

    You already know the answer to that one I'm sure but bet most will give the wrong answer.

    It is truly amazing how many Truck buyers try to do 2500 Truck (or 3500 Truck!!!) tasks with a 1500 Truck.

    Same goes for towing, while a 1500 will tow over 10,000 lbs., most experienced truck owners who actually have towed for years will tell you that if you tow often, you should not go over 10,000 lbs in a 1500 and 9,000 is a better limit.
    The problem I see all the time towing, is the same as with payload....................... nobody pays attention to tongue weight. Tongue weight adds to payload also. I see 1/2 ton trucks dragging ass towing trailers all of the time. Our little community is a destination, and a go through for at least 1/2 of Rim Country, where everyone goes camping / hunting. So, I see huge amounts of trucks towing trailers here. There is one curve South of town called Corvair curve (self explanatory) that tow rigs roll on all of the time. It is downhill, tight, and the speed limit goes down................... but nobody reads signs anymore, so they just keep going 65. Add in their unstable vehicle overloaded and towing a trailer with an unsupported tongue weight, and it is a recipe for disaster.

    BTW, as you said, tow rating doesn't mean you can. A wise man once said, "just because you can, doesn't mean you should." Plus, people are as ignorant of GVWR as they are of payload.
    Last edited by Extreme4x4; 10-12-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    The resident "girl"

  13. #8
    Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The land of the hethan
    Posts
    10,266
    Thanks
    1,483
    Thanked 3,515 Times in 2,295 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

    Re: TFLTruck at Texas State Fair with the 2020 Super Duty

    Unfortunately, this is what happens when we allow people with car licenses
    to drive bigger vehicles without the necessary education.

    It's a truck right?
    just throw heaps of weight in back and front as well as tow lots so long
    as it passes the scrape test on gutters and driveways, all good yeah?

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (10-14-2019),Extreme4x4 (10-14-2019),gkr778 (10-14-2019),mbukukanyau (10-14-2019)

  15. #9
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    8,861
    Thanks
    10,826
    Thanked 2,964 Times in 1,928 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: TFLTruck at Texas State Fair with the 2020 Super Duty

    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme4x4 View Post
    They are touting the payload. I wish all of the manufacturers would "teach" the public about what payload entails. On a camping site, a man with a 2016 Ram 1500 was complaining about a wallowy ride with his slide in camper. Now, mind you, it was only a popup cabover, but had a weight of 1900lbs. It took me about 10 seconds to figure out how overloaded it was................. without the driver in it. About 20 pages of arguing later, he shows another picture with a giant storage box on a front receiver blocking 1/2 of the grille, and the trailer with the jet ski's out back.

    Basically, he is a driving death trap with his truck riding on the bump stops. People are telling him to upgrade the shocks.................. LMAO. His truck has a payload rating of 1600lbs, and I'm being generous (depending on options). Some camper salesperson lied through their teeth when they said this would be a great idea, and this guy was arguing with everyone that it wasn't overloaded.

    There needs to be classes in payload. I see stupidity like this all of the time.
    I saw this very thing just yesterday going south down the freeway here. A Ford F150 with a big ole travel trailer dragging its ass and front of the trailer so near to the ground it looked dangerous and unstable in the event of needing a quick reaction or something.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

    jpd80 (10-15-2019)

  17. #10
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar PHAT-JAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,803
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 510 Times in 242 Posts

    Re: TFLTruck at Texas State Fair with the 2020 Super Duty

    Configs are way better than GM products, Dodge is out running GM as well.....Still cannot order a 2020 Dually, or even price one out.
    IF IT AINT RWD; AND A CHEVY I DONT RIDE IT!!!!!

    ALL CHEVY'S NEED TO BE RWD!!!!!

  18. #11
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Extreme4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Payson, AZ
    Posts
    6,082
    Thanks
    5,428
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 1,205 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport

    Re: TFLTruck at Texas State Fair with the 2020 Super Duty

    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    I saw this very thing just yesterday going south down the freeway here. A Ford F150 with a big ole travel trailer dragging its ass and front of the trailer so near to the ground it looked dangerous and unstable in the event of needing a quick reaction or something.
    On a side note, I just realized you are in St George (big dummy for not looking). My husband is a Walmart truck driver (just got a brand new 2020 truck 2 days ago), and has been through, and stopped there many times. Nice area. He loves a lot of Utah and has sent me many pictures.

    Another thing that folks don't think about when letting their truck drag it's ass.................. are you their headlights. I always enjoy my headlights pointing at the sky.................. NOT.
    The resident "girl"

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Extreme4x4 For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (10-14-2019),gkr778 (10-14-2019),jpd80 (10-15-2019)

  20. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2