Lincoln Continental Named Best of the Best

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Lincoln Continental Named Best of the Best

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Sal Collaziano's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    RENNtech E63 AMG

Lincoln Continental Named Best of the Best

Lincoln Continental Named Best of the Best in Robb Report’s June Edition

DEARBORN, Mich., June 3, 2017 – The all-new Lincoln Continental, the flagship sedan of The Lincoln Motor Company, has been named 2017 Best of the Best Luxury Sedan in the Wheels category of Robb Report magazine. The June Best of the Best issue is the magazine’s 29th annual edition; the Wheels section is divided among Sports Cars, Luxury Sedans, Grand Tourers, SUVs and Motorcycles. The Lincoln Black Label Continental is billed as “Detroit’s Finest.”

“Lincoln’s full-size flagship sedan doesn’t try to be sporty,” Robb Report says. “Instead it provides comfort and elegance, what Lincoln executives tout as ‘quiet luxury’.” Lincoln Black Label vehicles offer the highest level of design and service.

Other Best of the Best categories include Style, which covers men’s fashion, women’s jewelry, and men’s and women’s watches; Journeys, which covers hotels, resorts, vacation homes, cruises, trains, spas and golf; Leisure, which covers dining, wines, spirits and cigars; Home, which covers furnishings, art, auctions and electronics; and Wings & Water, which covers super yachts, sailing yachts, crossover boats, yacht concepts and private jets. Read more...

-- -- -- -- --

I really think Lincoln's Quiet Luxury is going over well. We thought Buick was going to be the "Domestic Lexus" but it's becoming clear that Lincoln is taking that title instead. Continental vs LaCrosse? Of course, no contest... I realize the Continental isn't the be all, end all of luxury sedans - but it's a great leap forward for Lincoln and things are definitely look up for the brand...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sal Collaziano For This Useful Post:

SP1966 (06-03-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TruckMan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,692 Times in 1,304 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L

Re: Lincoln Continental Named Best of the Best

I have never heard of that magazine.
    GMI Site Rules: 11. "Trolling", or making posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. We define trolling as a member that appears to have the sole purpose of posting just to spite the majority of the site or cause flame wars in threads they participate in. PLEASE respect differing opinions on the site at all times!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,335 Times in 4,568 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by TruckMan View Post
    I think I've seen this magazine in dentist and doctors offices. Nothing I'd buy, but I'm not the target market - either dreamers or super wealthy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (06-05-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 8,770 Times in 5,645 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Lincoln Continental Named Best of the Best in Robb Report’s June Edition

DEARBORN, Mich., June 3, 2017 – The all-new Lincoln Continental, the flagship sedan of The Lincoln Motor Company, has been named 2017 Best of the Best Luxury Sedan in the Wheels category of Robb Report magazine. The June Best of the Best issue is the magazine’s 29th annual edition; the Wheels section is divided among Sports Cars, Luxury Sedans, Grand Tourers, SUVs and Motorcycles. The Lincoln Black Label Continental is billed as “Detroit’s Finest.”

“Lincoln’s full-size flagship sedan doesn’t try to be sporty,” Robb Report says. “Instead it provides comfort and elegance, what Lincoln executives tout as ‘quiet luxury’.” Lincoln Black Label vehicles offer the highest level of design and service.

Other Best of the Best categories include Style, which covers men’s fashion, women’s jewelry, and men’s and women’s watches; Journeys, which covers hotels, resorts, vacation homes, cruises, trains, spas and golf; Leisure, which covers dining, wines, spirits and cigars; Home, which covers furnishings, art, auctions and electronics; and Wings & Water, which covers super yachts, sailing yachts, crossover boats, yacht concepts and private jets. Read more...

-- -- -- -- --

I really think Lincoln's Quiet Luxury is going over well. We thought Buick was going to be the "Domestic Lexus" but it's becoming clear that Lincoln is taking that title instead. Continental vs LaCrosse? Of course, no contest... I realize the Continental isn't the be all, end all of luxury sedans - but it's a great leap forward for Lincoln and things are definitely look up for the brand...
    This is very outdated thinking.

XTS sales have tanked lately... I wonder if the Continental has something to do with that?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,770 Times in 5,645 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TruckMan View Post
    "How to Spot a Pleb 101"

I've been flipping through Robb Reports since the womb, like a true patrician.

Thanks
    My Ride
    RENNtech E63 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    "How to Spot a Pleb 101"

I've been flipping through Robb Reports since the womb, like a true patrician.
    Yes, it's been around a long time...

Thanks
    My Ride
    RENNtech E63 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    This is very outdated thinking.

XTS sales have tanked lately... I wonder if the Continental has something to do with that?
    The XTS was due for an update. It's been on the road since 2012, hasn't it? Is it not normal that sales would be kinda tanking at this point?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,749 Times in 2,430 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I saw one of these in town yesterday afternoon and it came to me that it looked like something grandma ought to be driving for some reason.

Thanks
    My Ride
    RENNtech E63 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    I saw one of these in town yesterday afternoon and it came to me that it looked like something grandma ought to be driving for some reason.
    I don't think it's suppose to be a very youthful car. It's not intended for young people. That's what the 400hp MKZ is for. The one thing I noticed is that it looked small from afar. As I got closer I was clearly able to see it's a big car. But from far away - not so much. In any event, here's some more good news for Lincoln...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sal Collaziano For This Useful Post:

Stéphane Dumas (06-13-2017)

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,933 Times in 2,547 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I think I've seen this magazine in dentist and doctors offices. Nothing I'd buy, but I'm not the target market - either dreamers or super wealthy.
    Maybe doctors and dentists are the target audience......

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 907 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    I don't think it's suppose to be a very youthful car. It's not intended for young people. That's what the 400hp MKZ is for. The one thing I noticed is that it looked small from afar. As I got closer I was clearly able to see it's a big car. But from far away - not so much. In any event, here's some more good news for Lincoln...
    Let's hope there's more good news coming for Lincoln.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information