Lincoln Continental concept

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Continental concept

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC joseodiaga4's Avatar
    Thanks

Lincoln Continental concept

LINCOLN CONTINENTAL CONCEPT SHOWS THE FUTURE OF QUIET LUXURY AND UPCOMING FULL-SIZE SEDAN

Elegant, effortlessly powerful and serene, the Lincoln Continental Concept signals the brand’s all-new full-size sedan coming next year and the future of quiet luxury
    Lincoln Continental Concept integrates technologies designed to create better drivers, rejuvenate and entertain passengers, including all-new, Lincoln-exclusive 3.0-liter EcoBoost® engine, patented 30-way seats and premium Revel audio system
    New Continental Concept introduces E-Latch door handles, LED matrix headlamps with laser-assist high beams and SPD SmartGlass® tinting sunroof
    NEW YORK, March 30, 2015 –Lincoln today introduces the Continental Concept, signaling an all-new full-size sedan coming next year and the future of quiet luxury.

Elegant, effortlessly powerful and serene, the Continental Concept blends meticulous craftsmanship and technologies designed to create better drivers and provide passengers with a more relaxing and entertaining environment inspired by first-class travel.

“Luxury at its best is about simplifying and quietly exceeding expectations, rather than being the loudest statement on the road,” said Mark Fields, Ford Motor Company president and CEO. “The Continental Concept showcases the promise of quiet luxury from Lincoln going forward. It also is a strong indication of what’s to come next year as we introduce our new Lincoln Continental full-size luxury sedan.”

With a sleek silhouette and a new centered chrome grille, the Continental Concept signals the arrival of a new face for Lincoln. A raised Lincoln badge is surrounded by a span of repeating polished aluminum Lincoln Star emblems.

E-Latch door handles tuck discreetly in the clean vehicle beltline. The door handle technology also provides for elegant entry. The doors open effortlessly with the touch of a button positioned on the underside of the door handle wings and close quietly.

“Some brands talk about ‘the machine,’ ” said Kumar Galhotra, Lincoln president. “Lincoln is different. For us, it is about more than the machine. It is about what our vehicles do for our clients.”

New technology is a hallmark of the vehicle. It starts with the vehicle sensing your approach and lighting up to greet you inside and out.

Outside, signature full-width tail lamps feature advanced light-through-chrome technology. Powerful LED matrix head lamps with laser-assist high beams reduce glare and improve visibility.

Rhapsody Blue metallic paint calls back Lincoln Continental’s signature color.

Inside are the brand’s most sensual materials ever, including Venetian leather seat and door panels, Alcantara® seat inserts and armrests, satin headliner and shearling wool carpet. Rose Gold trim around the instrument cluster provides warmth. Bright chrome trim on the instrument panel adds contrast.

Ambient lighting enhances the interior, creating a serene environment. Soft-gold LED lights glow from the center console and from the halo light overhead.

Patented 30-way Lincoln-designed seats use a new-to-market design that conforms to passengers’ sizes and shapes. The passenger-side rear seat can fully recline by moving the front passenger seat forward with the touch of a button.

From a panel mounted on the through-center console, rear passengers also can control climate settings and the Revel Ultima audio system, which allows passengers to select from three surround-sound modes: Stereo, Audience and On-Stage.

Rear-seat comfort is further highlighted by an SPD SmartGlass® tinting sunroof, which allows passengers to control heat from direct sunlight. With the touch of a button, the glass can cool the vehicle interior by as much as 18 degrees Fahrenheit, while blocking 99 percent of UV rays.

Rear-seat passengers also enjoy the convenience of a tablet-supporting lap tray that deploys from the through-center console. It also features a champagne storage compartment. Detachable, hand-crafted Venetian leather travel cases are mounted to the backside of the front seats.

Under the skin, the Continental Concept is powered by a Lincoln-exclusive 3.0-liter V6 EcoBoost® engine. It also features Lincoln Drive Control ride-enhancing technologies and Adaptive Steering. The car rides on polished-aluminum, painted-pocket 21-inch wheels.

Driver assist technologies include Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection, Enhanced Park Assist and a 360-degree camera that displays on the MyLincoln Touch™ screen.

“The Lincoln Continental name is associated with iconic beauty and elegance,” said David Woodhouse, Lincoln design director. “Capturing those qualities and building upon them drove us as we crafted this thoroughly modern sedan concept.”

The Lincoln Continental Concept is at the New York International Auto Show, which opens Wednesday for members of the news media.

here it is: https://media.lincoln.com/content/li...l-concept.html

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joseodiaga4 For This Useful Post:

2b2 (03-30-2015),Butz (03-29-2015),Dequindre (03-29-2015),igor (03-29-2015),LetsRace (03-29-2015),usayjim2 (03-30-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 1,059 Posts

Re: Lincoln Continental concept

It kind of reminds me of a classic Jaguar XJ.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus

Dip in the grill goes along with the classic placement of where the headlights were:

Have sales for GM not seen in Hidden Content ? Hidden Content

Go Tigers!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ausrutherford For This Useful Post:

igor (03-29-2015)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 982 Posts

Damn that's fuking nice! No other way to say it, sorry.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."
    - Aristotle

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LetsRace For This Useful Post:

igor (03-29-2015)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

I'm recalling my love for the Buick Avenir and investing it wholly in this.
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

11. The Following User Says Thank You to paul8488 For This Useful Post:

igor (03-29-2015)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Sal Collaziano's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    RENNtech E63 AMG

I like this... A lot...

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

Quote Originally Posted by LetsRace View Post
    Damn that's fuking nice! No other way to say it, sorry.
    If we're allowed to be crass, might I suggest a more personalised version of "If they build it, they will come"...?

Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 965 Posts
    My Ride
    です

How many design languages Lincoln had in the last 10 years?

I'm not saying it doesn't look good, it looks great! I'm saying why a new design language when they finally got the last one right with the MKZ and MKC?

Sox
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Ducati Multistrada

Lincoln Continental: making the world safe for krill at last.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Butz View Post
    How many design languages Lincoln had in the last 10 years?

I'm not saying it doesn't look good, it looks great! I'm saying why a new design language when they finally got the last one right with the MKZ and MKC?
    sometimes there are bigger plans at hand .. other times ... they just lose patience with reading mixed reviews on their cars because of a grill. Lincoln has been correcting ship for the last 20 years, often choosing the wrong way to go forward ... I can see how Max Wolf got the freedom to change it again.

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,922 Times in 2,541 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

Sometimes you have to keep changing until the right combination of design and styling is struck,
    this is the real challenge of finding your way in the luxury market, it's meant to define what Lincoln is.

I take it all back, this is so much more than simply renaming MKS, it's like a breath of fresh air wafted through Lincoln.
    Maybe it's not RWD but this car most certainly leap frogs Cadilac's XTS and consigns the current MKS to history

SKH
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,820 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

I wondered why I was getting a Rover vibe from this. David Woodhouse I believe was formally at Land Rover and probably worked under Richard Woolley who was with Rover (rover600/800 designer) and then Ford U.S. And now back at LR.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,770 Times in 5,645 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paul8488 View Post
    I'm recalling my love for the Buick Avenir and investing it wholly in this.
    For real?? I'm not a huge fan of anything but the butt and interior. Avenir is absolutely the better design.

I'll be in NY Friday and I'll get to see THREE American flagships.

One from BUICK, one from LINCOLN, and one from CADILLAC. BOOYA!

I'm excited.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sfbreh For This Useful Post:

megeebee (03-30-2015)

SKH
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,820 Posts
    My Ride
    LR Discovery '17 SiliconSilver

rover 75 sport concept. Trying to find a picture of it but it reminds me somewhat of the Continental.

http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/cars...pment-history/
    Last edited by SKH; 03-30-2015 at 12:36 AM.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,627 Times in 3,686 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Nice, But, Its still nothing compared to this

It would be a shame for Buick not to build it.

23. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information