Ford Promises Four New SUVs Within Four Years, Signs Continue to Point to Bronco

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Ford Promises Four New SUVs Within Four Years, Signs Continue to Point to Bronco

Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 1,059 Posts

Ford Promises Four New SUVs Within Four Years, Signs Continue to Point to Bronco

Car & Driver
    2-11-16

During a speech at the 2016 Chicago auto show, Mark LaNeve, Ford’s VP of marketing, sales, and service, stated that the automaker sees no signs of the SUV and crossover boom abating within the next decade. To meet rising demand in America and abroad, then, Ford plans to introduce four new SUV models within 48 months, all of which will slot into segments currently uncontested by the Dearborn-based company. We’ve also confirmed that all four will wear nameplates not in circulation in the global Ford fleet.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-pr...reborn-bronco/
    __________________________________________________ _______________

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 1,059 Posts

Re: Ford Promises Four New SUVs Within Four Years, Signs Continue to Point to Bronco

Any guesses as to what is in store? My guesses:

-Renamed EcoSport
    -Bronco 2-Door
    -Bronco 4-Door (may be more like the Everest than a 2-door Bronco)
    -Lincoln Aviator
    __________________________________________________ _______________

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus

Re: Ford Promises Four New SUVs Within Four Years, Signs Continue to Point to Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
    Any guesses as to what is in store? My guesses:

-Renamed EcoSport
    -Bronco 2-Door
    -Bronco 4-Door (may be more like the Everest than a 2-door Bronco)
    -Lincoln Aviator
    This doesn't include Lincoln.
    Have sales for GM not seen in Hidden Content ? Hidden Content

Go Tigers!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,749 Times in 2,430 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

This is good to hear, maybe it will keep GM on their toes with new Chevy and GMC products. Then there is poor Dodge err... excuse me RAM, where are they?. Over at Jeep I guess.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar donmateo's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Impala LTZ, '82 K10

Would love to see a new Bronco...let's see a Raptor version while we're at it.
    Hey, you gotta watch that man...He'll go coastal on ya

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

I would agree that a subcompact would make sense as Ford has been surprisingly late to that segment. They should simply redesign today's EcoSport next year as a 2018. I would avoid that nameplate, however. A Bronco when present Explorers and the Edge would provide them with competition for a 4Runner/Grand Cherokee brand of vehicle, or perhaps more along the lines of a Wrangler Unlimited depending on how rugged they want it to be. Ford's Everest might be a good basis, either American-izing it to make it more of a "Grand Cherokee" or doing a totally different exterior/interior to make it a "Wrangler" in concept.

Also, I would agree that Ford would benefit from being among the first to produce a mainstream EV crossover. Perhaps base it on the Edge, but don't give it an Edge interior or exterior. Make it unique and impressive, even offering a Sport/ST version with exciting performance. Similarly, Kia debuted a dedicated hybrid crossover: http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news.

Among Lincolns, a paramount requirement at the moment is a proper MKT replacement, Aviator name or otherwise. I have explained previously that I actually think they should do a larger, more expensive crossover with an MKX aesthetic (sleek crossover) with a "Navigator Sport" above that, leveraging the Navigator nameplate to make a more rugged, formally designed competitor to a Range Rover Sport sort of SUV that competes a notch above a 45-70K Aviator. Lincoln's pinnacle should remain the Navigator/Navigator L, while they need nothing below their current MKC. Eventually they could do so, but right now they need to cement a brand image of proper upscale and luxury products. Going downmarket too quickly could weaken that plan.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amphibian For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (02-11-2016),Dequindre (02-11-2016)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,346 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

Quote Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
    Car & Driver
    2-11-16

, all of which will slot into segments currently uncontested by the Dearborn-based company. We’ve also confirmed that all four will wear nameplates not in circulation in the global Ford fleet.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-pr...reborn-bronco/
    4 "slots" in FORDS GLOBAL line up? - #1 rules out the ECOSPORT but make me wonder about something like the BMW "coupe SUVs" OR going sporty like the Porsche one?

a Bronco to chase the Wrangler Jeep based on a cut down Ranger?

maybe a MPV-like CUV replacement for the C-MAX and Galaxy that I thought where BOTH are nearing death

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) wescoent's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,722 Times in 999 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by richmond2000 View Post
    4 "slots" in FORDS GLOBAL line up? - #1 rules out the ECOSPORT but make me wonder about something like the BMW "coupe SUVs" OR going sporty like the Porsche one?

a Bronco to chase the Wrangler Jeep based on a cut down Ranger?

maybe a MPV-like CUV replacement for the C-MAX and Galaxy that I thought where BOTH are nearing death
    One is definitely not the Ecosport, nor the Everest. Both of them already exist, and these are going to be SUV/CUVs in segments Ford doesn't compete.

My guess?

1. Ford Bronco
    2. Lincoln Aviator
    3. Explorer Sport-Trac (I'm going to wager that Ford will count these with Explorer sales)
    4. X6/GLE Coupe competitor for Ford and/or Lincoln. D6's RWD capabilities would make a heck of a lot more sense, in this context.
    "They say Eve tempted Adam with an apple, but man I ain't goin' for that. I know it was her pink Cadillac!"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wescoent For This Useful Post:

Dequindre (02-12-2016)

jry
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member jry's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 BMW 740Li-X, 2014 Expy EL

That "Bronco will be here by 16" thread from last year had a rendition that was off the charts in looks.

They need to build that sucker.
    85 cars since 1975....
    Good night and good luck.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) wescoent's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,722 Times in 999 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jry View Post
    That "Bronco will be here by 16" thread from last year had a rendition that was off the charts in looks.

They need to build that sucker.
    It's a safe bet they're going to be attacking the Wrangler, head-on. Convertible, two-door, four-door, removable doors, hardtop, and a very aggressive marketing campaign.
    "They say Eve tempted Adam with an apple, but man I ain't goin' for that. I know it was her pink Cadillac!"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wescoent For This Useful Post:

jry (02-17-2016)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus

Quote Originally Posted by wescoent View Post
    One is definitely not the Ecosport, nor the Everest. Both of them already exist, and these are going to be SUV/CUVs in segments Ford doesn't compete.

My guess?

1. Ford Bronco
    2. Lincoln Aviator
    3. Explorer Sport-Trac (I'm going to wager that Ford will count these with Explorer sales)
    4. X6/GLE Coupe competitor for Ford and/or Lincoln. D6's RWD capabilities would make a heck of a lot more sense, in this context.
    Its five SUVs when you take into account Lincoln. The four are just Fords.

My guess is that the list includes a C-segment crossover.
    Have sales for GM not seen in Hidden Content ? Hidden Content

Go Tigers!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ausrutherford For This Useful Post:

Dequindre (02-12-2016)

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,600 Times in 1,048 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

The bronco was cool back in the day. The new bronco should be a four door though.

I believe beyond mommy mobile cuv s...there will be an expansion of true sports car four door cuv s like the Porsche Macan, the jaguar f pace, the upcoming Lamborghini cuv etc is the latest direction of cuv s...

Not so extreme of course in pricing but you get the drift.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar donmateo's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Impala LTZ, '82 K10

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    The bronco was cool back in the day. The new bronco should be a four door though.
    Why not both 2 and 4 door? The Wrangler does it.
    Hey, you gotta watch that man...He'll go coastal on ya

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,932 Times in 2,547 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

You can bet that Ford will be out after similar buyers to Wrangler, I'm not suggesting that Bronco will conquest
    wrangles sales, more like pick up the threads of old Bronco and reconnect with a new generation of buyers.

If Ford does this right, it may have a nice litle profit earner that makes other vehicles viable on that platform,
    something Ford will want to do from a defensive position with selecting products into new segments.

21. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information