Ford Performance Upgrade Kit for 2015 Focus ST Boost Output to 275 Horsepower

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Ford Performance Upgrade Kit for 2015 Focus ST Boost Output to 275 Horsepower

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Sal Collaziano's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    RENNtech E63 AMG

Ford Performance Upgrade Kit for 2015 Focus ST Boost Output to 275 Horsepower

Good news for people who already have a Focus ST and don't plan on upgrading to the RS any time soon...

Focus ST customers can get more performance out of their vehicle thanks to a new kit from Ford. And on that front, the new Focus ST mountune upgrade kit delivers in spades. The idea of a street-legal, reliable, largely stock 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine making nearly 300 lb.-ft. of torque might have seemed ludicrous 10 years ago, but the components of the MP275 Focus ST performance upgrade not only combine to produce up to 296 lb.-ft. of torque with 93-octane fuel, they are designed for maximum reliability as well.

“The 2015 Focus ST MP275 upgrade is the latest addition to Ford Performance’s vast Focus and Fiesta performance catalog that gives enthusiasts the components they need to take their car to the next level,” said Adam Gair, product manager, Ford Performance. When the parts installation and tuning is performed by an authorized Ford Performance technician, Focus ST retains its factory warranty – a huge benefit for any customer looking to get the most out of the ownership experience. Continue reading...

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

Re: Ford Performance Upgrade Kit for 2015 Focus ST Boost Output to 275 Horsepower

And in my opinion, this is what's killing the FR-S/BRZ twins. Too little horsepower.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,346 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

Re: Ford Performance Upgrade Kit for 2015 Focus ST Boost Output to 275 Horsepower

Quote Originally Posted by GHull3 View Post
    And in my opinion, this is what's killing the FR-S/BRZ twins. Too little horsepower.
    not to mention these cars are usable daily for MOST drivers

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,544 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

Great upgrade for Focus ST, now let's see the upgrade kits for 1.5EB & 2.0 EB in other vehicles
    like Fusion, Escape, Edge ect...Lots of owners would sign up for Ford approved upgrads.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 91fairladyZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 GMC Acadia SLT2 Silver

GM?...
    Where are you?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    The idea of a street-legal, reliable, largely stock 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine making nearly 300 lb.-ft. of torque might have seemed ludicrous 10 years ago, but the components of the MP275 Focus ST performance upgrade not only combine to produce up to 296 lb.-ft. of torque with 93-octane fuel, they are designed for maximum reliability as well.
    The only thing I find ludicrous is the reporting. GM did this in 2009 for the Cobalt, HHR, Sky and Solstice. Too bad they're not doing it today.

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,544 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

I hope that Ford NA switches base engine in Focus from 2.0 DI to 1.5 EB like Europe and rest of the world.
    The Powershift dry clutch transmission is gone replaced by the 6F auto trans - a move like that would go
    a long way towards restoring buyer confidence in Focus..

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information