Ford July 2019 Approximate Sales Figures

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford July 2019 Approximate Sales Figures

Thanks
    My Ride
    '09 Ford Flex; '18 Mustang GT

Ford July 2019 Approximate Sales Figures

Apologies for it being late. It was a longer process this month.

Here are approximate/estimated figures for Ford in July:

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rmc523 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (08-19-2019),DequindreToo (08-19-2019),Ed753 (08-19-2019),germeezy1 (08-23-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Extreme4x4's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,189 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport

Re: Ford July 2019 Approximate Sales Figures

Wow, if you had Heavy trucks in there, that would be about as close to equal as you can get. I think that is really good considering the lack of Explorer inventory. Other things are picking up the slack of losing the Focus.
    The resident "girl"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Extreme4x4 For This Useful Post:

DequindreToo (08-19-2019),jpd80 (08-21-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Navigator....ouch! This time last year weren't the blue oval crowd professing the lack of inventory for it's low sales figures? Here we are a year later and they sold....wait for it....another 250 units!

As I've said before, I'm not a GM nor a Ford slappy, so I'll say it here and now that the Navigator being a new design is superior to most every way to the old Escalade, so why the he!! is it failing so bad?

Expedition included here. It's not setting any sales charts afire either. While the sales are posting a huge gain over last year, it's still nowhere close to the GM's sales numbers. Flaw in the slaw somewhere or is GM's domination in this segment similar to what the F150 is in pickup land?

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,324 Times in 1,085 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Navigator....ouch! This time last year weren't the blue oval crowd professing the lack of inventory for it's low sales figures? Here we are a year later and they sold....wait for it....another 250 units!

As I've said before, I'm not a GM nor a Ford slappy, so I'll say it here and now that the Navigator being a new design is superior to most every way to the old Escalade, so why the he!! is it failing so bad?

Expedition included here. It's not setting any sales charts afire either. While the sales are posting a huge gain over last year, it's still nowhere close to the GM's sales numbers. Flaw in the slaw somewhere or is GM's domination in this segment similar to what the F150 is in pickup land?
    I'm not sure any of us Fordies here suggested that either the Gator or Expi would challenge for the sales crown. As for the lack of inventory, that was never going to be fully resolved. Ford couldn't build enough of either to compete with the GM triplets even if there was a market for them without cutting Super Duty production.

And as you said regarding the GM SUVs and the F-series, sometimes it's just good to be the King!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SP1966 For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (08-19-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC DequindreToo's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Buick Regal Turbo

A few observations:

1. The Fusion is still holding its own. I hope Ford takes note.
    2. Ford sold over twice as many Edges than Chevy did Blazers.
    3. Some healthy increases for both the Expedition and Navigator! Hopefully Ford keeps this generation of both models fresh during their lifespans.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DequindreToo View Post
    A few observations:

Fusion got a big bump with the PI sales once the Taurus was discontinued.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyDiablo For This Useful Post:

DequindreToo (08-19-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Extreme4x4's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,189 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post
    Fusion got a big bump with the PI sales once the Taurus was discontinued.
    I didn't know Ford was selling PI Fusions. I didn't even know they made a PI version of the Fusion. Guess you learn something every day.
    The resident "girl"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Extreme4x4 For This Useful Post:

InCogKneeToe (08-22-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme4x4 View Post
    I didn't know Ford was selling PI Fusions. I didn't even know they made a PI version of the Fusion. Guess you learn something every day.
    Yeah, and I guess Hybrid PI's are really starting to be a big thing so Fusion had that going for it. Between Fusion Hybrid and the new Explorer Hybrid, I think we are going to see a big shift in Police sales that only Ford is poised to take advantage of.

NYPD just announced a big Explorer Hybrid purchase, and have had 150+ Fusion Hybrids, they just declared they plan on going 100% Hybrid across the fleet due to the success they've had with them both in job performance and fuel savings. They actually spent a few years trying to convince Ford to offer them and Ford wouldn't listen until they bought a bunch of civilian Fusion Hybrids and converted them.

GM had their foot in the door, the NYPD bought a bunch of Volts when they first came out, oh well, who needs that business amiright.
    Last edited by JimmyDiablo; 08-19-2019 at 10:35 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyDiablo For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (08-20-2019)

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar 'Vette Dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DequindreToo View Post
    A few observations:

2. Ford sold over twice as many Edges than Chevy did Blazers.
    3. Some healthy increases for both the Expedition and Navigator! Hopefully Ford keeps this generation of both models fresh during their lifespans.
    Anecdotal, but the most common trim I see is actually the Fusion Hybrid. My dealer basically exclusively stocks the hybrid; It's been around a while, but still pretty much best of class among midsize sedan hybrids, in both looks and performance. I'm seeing a lot of midsize sedan hybrids these days - Fusion, Camry, Accord, even Sonata. I've seen exactly one (1) Malibu Hybrid since it came out, which is a shame because the Volt-based powertrain could have been a nice platform for GM to use extensively. Oh well, we'll let Toyota gobble up Hybrid sales (and thus mindshare) with the Rav4 which has been on perpetual backorder since launch since everyone wants the Hybrid model this time around.
    2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    2008 Saturn Aura 3.5
    2014 Chevy Cruze 1.4T

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 'Vette Dude For This Useful Post:

Ed753 (08-20-2019),gkr778 (08-22-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    '09 Ford Flex; '18 Mustang GT

Wow, if you had Heavy trucks in there, that would be about as close to equal as you can get. I think that is really good considering the lack of Explorer inventory. Other things are picking up the slack of losing the Focus.
    Yeah, I just don't have those numbers....or, I guess we have them, but I don't know what Ford includes in "F-series" and "Heavy trucks" so it's better to just leave them out until Ford's official quarterly reports.

Lol. 250 units is up 21%.

I think Ford is perfectly happy selling more Navigators than last year at $25k more each than the previous model. Nobody claimed Navigator (and Expy which doubled sales at 10's of thousands increased ATPs too, mind you) would overtake the GM triplets. Those three are like Ford with F-series. They have a built in customer base and have been consistently updated. Ford let Expy/Navi languish way too long, and it obviously hurt sales, so Ford/Lincoln have to regain customers they lost. The numbers have been great despite what you're implying - large sales increases with massive ATP increases. And they're going to improve as long as Ford continues with consistent updates to remain competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Vette Dude View Post
    Anecdotal, but the most common trim I see is actually the Fusion Hybrid. My dealer basically exclusively stocks the hybrid; It's been around a while, but still pretty much best of class among midsize sedan hybrids, in both looks and performance. I'm seeing a lot of midsize sedan hybrids these days - Fusion, Camry, Accord, even Sonata. I've seen exactly one (1) Malibu Hybrid since it came out, which is a shame because the Volt-based powertrain could have been a nice platform for GM to use extensively. Oh well, we'll let Toyota gobble up Hybrid sales (and thus mindshare) with the Rav4 which has been on perpetual backorder since launch since everyone wants the Hybrid model this time around.
    I think most of Fusion's allocation has become hybrids.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to rmc523 For This Useful Post:

Ed753 (08-20-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    Cruze 2.0L Turbo Diesel

Doesn't look like Ranger has been pulling many sales away from F-series.

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,356 Times in 2,207 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Lowboy View Post
    Doesn't look like Ranger has been pulling many sales away from F-series.
    Correct, Ranger managed to increase sales by about another 500 last month,
    dealers are finally getting mid model XLTs after an overly rich mixture of Lariats.

I also noticed that July sales of Colorado dropped to around 10,900....

Thanks
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

Originally Posted by Captain Chaos

It's a case of push-pull,
    Ford's F Series sales are much stronger in areas that GM currently is not
    and GM's large SUV sales are much stronger than Ford's current two vehicles.

I think a lot of Ford's large SUV buyers have actually migrated to F Series
    crew cabs over the years and now, Ford has a tricky job of growing Expedition
    and Navigator sales without simply cannibalizing those already good crew cab sales.

Thanks
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

Without saying too much,
    this month's approximate figures are for all F Series including MD trucks,
    The split out for the larger class 6,7,8 MD trucks is 2,892

July

Vehicle.....07-19.....07-18......%
    Class 4 .... 1,820 ......2,457 ..–25.9
    Class 5 ......4,081 ......3,946 .....3.4
    Class 6 ..... 2,672 ......2,005 ....33.3
    Class 7 ........205 ........185 .....10.8
    Class 8 ..........15 ............7 ...114.3
    Ford ........8,793 ....8,600 ......2.2
    Last edited by jpd80; 08-21-2019 at 03:28 AM.

Thanks

The Navigator is boring to look at....who wants to spend that much money and be bored almost to sleep walking up to a vehicle they bought.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Buttons For This Useful Post:

TruckMan (08-21-2019)

27. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information