Ford Europe To Get Five New Crossovers In Three Years

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Ford Europe To Get Five New Crossovers In Three Years

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,933 Times in 2,547 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

Ford Europe To Get Five New Crossovers In Three Years

I saw this info in an article regarding product restructuring for Ford Europe:
    Autoblog - LINK
    Ford is "refocusing product strategy to add new vehicles and derivatives in segments with the highest growth and profit potential such as crossovers and SUVs, and eliminating less profitable vehicles over time."

That could spell trouble for some of its minivans, like the B-Max (pictured), S-Max, and Galaxy, which have typically been some of its slowest-selling passenger vehicles, along with the Ka city car. This year the company is introducing the new Kuga crossover and bringing the Edge over to Europe, and plans on launching five new crossovers within
    the next three years.

So let's think about this,

B-Max, S-Max & Galaxy are on the short list to get the chop.

1. B-Max is made in Romania so I don't know what replacement could be put there, Ecosport?

2. S-Max and Galaxy are built in Spain with Mondeo so maybe Edge could replace them and save importing..

but it's this bit that intrigues:

This year the company is introducing the new Kuga crossover and bringing the Edge over to Europe,
    and plans on launching five new crossovers within the next three years.
    So my question is can anyone guess what the five new crossovers being planned will be?

.... and what flow on effect does this have to Nth America and Rest of the World markets?

Sounds to me like Ford has a plan.......
    Last edited by jpd80; 02-06-2016 at 08:45 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

Re: Ford Europe To Get Five New Crossovers In Three Years

Well, I don't know that it was specified each of these crossovers would be additional nameplates. Could include a redesigned Kuga, etc.

Seems like a Euro-spec Edge won't count towards that number. Maybe they're bringing an Explorer or Everest? They're large among such vehicles in Europe, though Ford could position them more like a Touareg-type of vehicle if they're tilting towards luxury. A sports crossover, or a couple of them, could have a place in European and NA markets.

Thanks
    My Ride
    plane

Re: Ford Europe To Get Five New Crossovers In Three Years

Is Ford still working on advanced platform sharing in Europe?
    Are there any new rumors on the micro car (Ka), large sedan (Focus), minivan (Galaxy) Mercedes Benz Actros-competitor (1846T) platform?
    One platform, every Ford vehicle.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information