The 2016 Lincoln MKX Won't End Up Being Stubby, RWD Proportions Used

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2016 Lincoln MKX Won't End Up Being Stubby, RWD Proportions Used

Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 1,059 Posts

The 2016 Lincoln MKX Won't End Up Being Stubby, RWD Proportions Used

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...-mkx/?p=923537

So instead of looking like this...

It will look like this...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dequindre For This Useful Post:

Butz (03-27-2015),cad1cts (12-14-2014),Ed753 (12-16-2014),Envoy4Life (12-14-2014),joseodiaga4 (12-13-2014)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Re: The 2016 Lincoln MKX Won't End Up Being Stubby, RWD Proportions Used

Quote Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post

This is RWD proportions:

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Burns For This Useful Post:

JimmyDiablo (12-14-2014),megeebee (12-14-2014)

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Wolfn99's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Ford Focus ZX3

Looking good. My only complaint is that I wish the taillights looked more like the MKC
    I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,560 Times in 3,774 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

I'm very excited for the MKX NG. It's going to be spectacular...
    Current:

2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury AWD

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Envoy4Life For This Useful Post:

cad1cts (12-14-2014),Dequindre (12-14-2014)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Ford Fusion

Oooh Nooo ! Just when I envisioned , in a previous post , GM taking on the MKX by making their GM model a bit longer , Ford ups the ante in a spectacular fashion . This is a slam dunk , money in the bank design ! This is why I feel that Cadillac who will be introducing/producing a few crossovers in a couple of years , faces an almost impossible task of meeting or exceeding the competition . Simply , the competition doesn't sit still and constantly refines and updates its' vehicles . What's the old saying , " don't let your boys grow up to be cowboys " ? It should say " don't let them manufacture vehicles " . For a guy whose first car was a 53 Ford sedan and the big three companies , there's now a world of companies building outstanding designs with great fuel economy and unbelievable warranties . If you live in a big city and have enough time , you can purchase most any one of them . Tough enough for a company like Ford who has a laser-like focus on each market segment , but for a monster bloated company like GM , who produces a staggering number of models thru 4 divisions , the task looks like it is far too complicated . If the proliferation of models continues unabated , I foresee marginal profits and a resulting purchase of more low cost components and cheap labor , probably from Mexico , other South American country or Asia . With that , of course , comes continual problems with reliability ...... What you give , you get !!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,334 Times in 4,568 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by usayjim2 View Post
    Oooh Nooo ! Just when I envisioned , in a previous post , GM taking on the MKX by making their GM model a bit longer , Ford ups the ante in a spectacular fashion . This is a slam dunk , money in the bank design ! This is why I feel that Cadillac who will be introducing/producing a few crossovers in a couple of years , faces an almost impossible task of meeting or exceeding the competition . Simply , the competition doesn't sit still and constantly refines and updates its' vehicles . What's the old saying , " don't let your boys grow up to be cowboys " ? It should say " don't let them manufacture vehicles " . For a guy whose first car was a 53 Ford sedan and the big three companies , there's now a world of companies building outstanding designs with great fuel economy and unbelievable warranties . If you live in a big city and have enough time , you can purchase most any one of them . Tough enough for a company like Ford who has a laser-like focus on each market segment , but for a monster bloated company like GM , who produces a staggering number of models thru 4 divisions , the task looks like it is far too complicated . If the proliferation of models continues unabated , I foresee marginal profits and a resulting purchase of more low cost components and cheap labor , probably from Mexico , other South American country or Asia . With that , of course , comes continual problems with reliability ...... What you give , you get !!
    I don't understand... Because Lincoln has what appears to be a good design that Cadillac can't surpass it? Yes, Cadillac or any GM division of 20 years ago would be sunk, but GM's recent designs have been winners, they just have marketing and pricing issues. Perhaps I'll get bashed for sounding like a fanboy in saying this, but I have more confidence and faith in GM of today to put out product that is segment winning.

And again, looks nice, but I don't see what is rwd proportion about it. Yes, it has a short front overhang but the front wheel is close to the door, which is pretty fwd looking to me. But in CUV's the rwd vs fwd look isn't as pronounced as in coupes and sedans (at least to me), therefore the "rwd" look is less important.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

richmond2000 (12-14-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 982 Posts

Not bad.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."
    - Aristotle

Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 1,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    This is RWD proportions:

What's the difference? In both, the A-Pillar stops a few inches behind the wheel well. That's how we've always defined RWD proportions on the other forums I visit.

Actually, the rear of the MKX looks more RWD. It's hunkered down as opposed to the tall rear end of the BMW.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC joseodiaga4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    I'm very excited for the MKX NG. It's going to be spectacular...
    me too.....can't wait!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to joseodiaga4 For This Useful Post:

Dequindre (12-14-2014)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 Times in 1,334 Posts

What's the difference? In both, the A-Pillar stops a few inches behind the wheel well. That's how we've always defined RWD proportions on the other forums I visit.

Actually, the rear of the MKX looks more RWD. It's hunkered down as opposed to the tall rear end of the BMW.

Say it with me..

AXLE. TO. DASH. RATIO.

My god man...put down the blinders!
    Last edited by JimmyDiablo; 12-14-2014 at 01:22 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyDiablo For This Useful Post:

megeebee (12-14-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,234 Times in 1,933 Posts

So instead of looking like this...

It will look like this...

Now this is REALLY REACHING FOR IT Dequindre.

I know you think Lincoln is the best thing on Earth, but seriously 2 prototypes rushing by in 2 seconds is hardly a basis for such wild conclusions and a badly titled thread.

Seriously?

You honestly don't see the difference?

And by the way: "RWD PROPORTIONS" ARE NOT POSSIBLE WITH A FWD PLATFORM. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. The greenhouse of a RWD vehicle is going to be positioned considerably rearward due to the longitudinal engine/transmission under the hood. The MKX will not have this kind of drivetrain but a transverse engine/transaxle and the cabin will be further forward.

If the production version has the dash-axle ratio like the concept in the picture you posted, that would be great. but don't count on it. The MKC concept was a fake in that respect too.
    Last edited by megeebee; 12-14-2014 at 10:26 AM.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Jesda's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,516 Times in 1,159 Posts
    My Ride
    MX5, STS

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    And by the way: "RWD PROPORTIONS" ARE NOT POSSIBLE WITH A FWD PLATFORM. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.
    That's not true, actually, but you end up having to make compromises in packaging.
    My blog: Hidden Content

Thanks
    Thanked 3,234 Times in 1,933 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    That's not true, actually, but you end up having to make compromises in packaging.
    Theoretically, I suppose so. But the extra time and money spent, and the complexity in production would be enough to make most OEM's decide against it.
    "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity. "

W.B. Yeats- 1919

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Premium Member CaddyLac10's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the situation is being taken too literal. It's not quite RWD proportions but it's much closer. It's close enough for 99% of people not to be able to tell the difference. The cabin does look pushed back a little bit more. People will notice the difference in proportions.

Anyways, it has far better proportions than the fugly new Q7. It has FWD written all over it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CaddyLac10 For This Useful Post:

Ed753 (12-16-2014)

GMI Staff Member Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,560 Times in 3,774 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post
    Say it with me..

AXEL. TO. DASH. RATIO.

My god man...put down the blinders!
    *Axle

Current:

2019 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Luxury AWD

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Greg.Botts Hidden Content
    LOL at all the FORD fans in this thread thinking they got a one up. This is the Yukon Denali and trust me it's going to blow away the Navigator. Escalade is gunning for RR/Bentley level of interiors and beyond. I've talked to someone about this on another site that confirmed it Navigator isn't even being bench-marked at Cadillac too low for them.
    ^GOLD^

Hidden Content

25. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information