2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!! - Page 2

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 95

Thread: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

  1. #16
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,469
    Thanks
    639
    Thanked 446 Times in 256 Posts

    Re: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

    ^^^ I guess - but the first thing I do when I get to my car is turn o nthe packing lights - so I do not care about that - having ANY lights on makes you instantly so much more visible on the road .. just make it an option through the DIC.

    just my opinion - but I am from Europe - we have to have full lights on at all times - day night, sunny, rain, summer, winter. It is a habit - like seatbelts.

    Igor

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Editor Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    26,951
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 421 Times in 425 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

    Quote Originally Posted by igor View Post
    I would like to see Ford add daytime running lights to its models - not just as fleet-only option.

    Igor
    Amen. I would too. Ever since I started commuting every day I have learned to love DRL's. Prior to commuting I had no preference, but there are so many IDIOTS on the road that feel the need to not use headlights unless it is pitch dark out! There are days that it is completely cloudy and most AutoLamps will not kick on.

    Quote Originally Posted by blank disk View Post
    Who says that the MKZ does not get the 3.7L?
    The order guide does not have any indication of the 3.7L. I'm sorry I cannot read into the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by igor View Post
    ^^^ I guess - but the first thing I do when I get to my car is turn o nthe packing lights - so I do not care about that - having ANY lights on makes you instantly so much more visible on the road .. just make it an option through the DIC.

    just my opinion - but I am from Europe - we have to have full lights on at all times - day night, sunny, rain, summer, winter. It is a habit - like seatbelts.

    Igor

    I would much rather see people have a burned out bulb (that warranty will replace) than to be idiots and not use their lights when they should be.

    Out of all my recent GM vehicles, I have had -ONE- bulb go out; and that was the driver's side FOG LAMP on my 2000 Grand Prix. All of them have had DRL's too.

  4. #18
    doh
    doh is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 doh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    N.W.Ontario
    Posts
    7,840
    Thanks
    209
    Thanked 263 Times in 194 Posts

    Re: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

    Quote Originally Posted by igor View Post
    I would like to see Ford add daytime running lights to its models - not just as fleet-only option.

    Igor
    Have your Ford dealer turn the on with his IDS when you buy it.

    Heck, even a Focus with out cruise control, all you have to do is change the streering wheel and hook up the IDS and turn Cruise control on.
    Last edited by doh; 10-23-2008 at 05:22 PM.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #19
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 gmhashope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    4,227
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

    I really like the front end of the new Fusion from what I can see, but I'm not a fan of going back to the old Focus' taillights. I really like the current Fusion's taillights and I don't see why they are changing them so soon.

  7. #20
    Editor Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    26,951
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 421 Times in 425 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

    Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    Have your Ford dealer turn the on with his IDS when you buy it.

    Heck, even a Focus with out cruise control, all you have to do is change the streering wheel and hook up the IDS and turn Cruise control on.
    Interesting. On a related note, I wish the Focus has automatic lights! I miss that so much when I drive mine. I guess I could have the dealership turn on DRL's....

  8. #21
    doh
    doh is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 doh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    N.W.Ontario
    Posts
    7,840
    Thanks
    209
    Thanked 263 Times in 194 Posts

    Re: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    Interesting. On a related note, I wish the Focus has automatic lights! I miss that so much when I drive mine. I guess I could have the dealership turn on DRL's....
    Yea the Fusion looses out on that one too, and it is not that simple to install.

  9. #22
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 Premium Member MN12Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,208
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
    My Ride
    Thunderbird, Ranger, Focus

    Re: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

    Quote Originally Posted by blank disk View Post
    Who says that the MKZ does not get the 3.7L?
    The Ford Mustang.

  10. #23
    6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,024
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

    What needs to happen is the MKS needs to get the direct injection 3.7 as the base engine then give the normal 3.7 to the MKZ which would then free up the 3.5 for the Milan.

  11. #24
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Death Valley, South Carolina
    Posts
    8,641
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 585 Times in 404 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus

    Re: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

    Man one thing the Fusion has for it is that my11 will add the 1.6 and 2.5 ebs which makes 6 engine choses!
    Have sales for GM not seen in Hidden Content ? Hidden Content

    Go Tigers!!!

  12. #25
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Death Valley, South Carolina
    Posts
    8,641
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 585 Times in 404 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus

    Re: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

    The wheels on all three are amazing!
    Have sales for GM not seen in Hidden Content ? Hidden Content

    Go Tigers!!!

  13. #26
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,469
    Thanks
    639
    Thanked 446 Times in 256 Posts

    Re: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ausrutherford View Post
    Man one thing the Fusion has for it is that my11 will add the 1.6 and 2.5 ebs which makes 6 engine choses!
    do not bet on that - many engines will go away by then.

    EB is a monster of a project with many problems - the 3.5l V6 isabout finished, but the I4's have LONG ways to go. EU is taking charge of them now, but that means that you will need to wait for global cars in many respects. The Fusion MIGHT get these engines in 2011, but it might be later - it is an old platform. We will see whether Ford will deliver smaller EB in the Explorer, but I would not bet on it - they are running behind. The last (reliable) word I have heard - 2012 MY or US EB I4 engines - which will porbably mean that the MkI Fusion will not see them - Ford will wait until the MkII (global with Mondeo) comes out in 2013MY.

    There is a good change the smaller EU engines will show up in the Fiesta and Focus faster - since they will be Global in 2010 (CY), but models that are going to be still running in their current form might see it later.
    Igor

  14. #27
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Death Valley, South Carolina
    Posts
    8,641
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 585 Times in 404 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus

    Re: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

    Quote Originally Posted by igor View Post
    do not bet on that - many engines will go away by then.

    EB is a monster of a project with many problems - the 3.5l V6 isabout finished, but the I4's have LONG ways to go. EU is taking charge of them now, but that means that you will need to wait for global cars in many respects. The Fusion MIGHT get these engines in 2011, but it might be later - it is an old platform. We will see whether Ford will deliver smaller EB in the Explorer, but I would not bet on it - they are running behind. The last (reliable) word I have heard - 2012 MY or US EB I4 engines - which will porbably mean that the MkI Fusion will not see them - Ford will wait until the MkII (global with Mondeo) comes out in 2013MY.

    There is a good change the smaller EU engines will show up in the Fiesta and Focus faster - since they will be Global in 2010 (CY), but models that are going to be still running in their current form might see it later.
    Igor
    well at least the V6 hybrids will be before then.
    Have sales for GM not seen in Hidden Content ? Hidden Content

    Go Tigers!!!

  15. #28
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 escapen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    928
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

    I cant open any order guides on any sites! The formatting looks like chinese when it opens in Word.

    Im excited about the new powertrains, Milan not getting the 3.5 just means that Ford wants to focus on the volume seller and that prob does not bode well for the Milan in both sales and its actual future.

    Maybe Mercury's turn around means no Milan past mid 2012.

    As for the MKZ, i think the 3.5 will suffice and its not meant to be the performance car in the lineup, thats for the EB MKS. I want to see the wheel selections and the full order but I just cant figure out the formatting
    One Global FORD
    PONTIAC 1927-2009

    Current Rides:
    • 2002 Ford Escape XLT V6
    • 2007 Ford Edge SEL AWD
    Hidden Content

  16. #29
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Death Valley, South Carolina
    Posts
    8,641
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 585 Times in 404 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus

    Re: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

    If these got leaked, I bet that pics will soon as well. Well we only have 2 weeks til the Milan anyway.

    Now where is the Mustang order guide?
    Have sales for GM not seen in Hidden Content ? Hidden Content

    Go Tigers!!!

  17. #30
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,469
    Thanks
    639
    Thanked 446 Times in 256 Posts

    Re: 2010 Fusion - Order Guide posted, Order banks open - Details revealed!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ausrutherford View Post
    If these got leaked, I bet that pics will soon as well. Well we only have 2 weeks til the Milan anyway.

    Now where is the Mustang order guide?
    The order banks are now open - there were not leaked - they were released.

    Igor

  18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2