$2 Million Ford SUV

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: $2 Million Ford SUV

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,749 Times in 4,672 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

$2 Million Ford SUV

Get in line, folks...Well, apparently it's Chyyyynnnaaahhhh!Ford. Whatever.

$2 million Karlmann King is the world's most expensive and ridiculous SUV
    It may look fast, but it can only hit 140 km/h

"Excessive" is not strong enough an adjective to describe the Karlmann King, a six-tonne luxury SUV built by Chinese company IAT. Based on a Ford F-550 heavy-duty pickup truck, the massive SUV is 5,990-mm long, 2,480-mm wide, and 2,480-mm high, with the wheelbase measuring 3,691 mm.

These dimensions render it virtually unusable in the city, but that okay because, much like the similar Rhino GX, it doesn't target city dwellers anyway.

The minimum ground clearance of 300 mm and the approach and departure angles of 30 degrees reveals the Karlmann King's actual purpose in life: to carry its passengers across the desert and other extreme environments in complete luxury. Why else would its makers brag about the fact that it can operate in temperatures ranging from -40 degrees Celsius to 90 degrees Celsius?

The SUV is obviously four-wheel-drive and is powered by Ford's 6.8-liter V10 gasoline engine, which delivers 288-hp in the F-550 truck. Given the size of this thing (it weighs between 4.5 and 6 tonnes), the top speed is in stark contrast with the stealth fighter-inspired design: only 140 km/h (87 mph).

Pricing starts at $2 million, but one can easily double that by delving into the options list, which includes an armored bodywork, satellite TV, satellite phone, and more.

Despite its footprint, the Karlmann King offers four seats as standard, with the rear ones located in a separate lounge-like cabin that features a starry ceiling, mood lighting, a 4K widescreen TV, a refrigerator, a Nespresso machine, a PlayStation 4, private safes, and much more.

For those who need more, the company also offers an even more ridiculous version with six seats and six doors. The total production run is very limited, however: only nine Karlmann King SUVs will be made.

https://www.businessinsider.com/karl...ive-suv-2019-4
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TruckMan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,682 Times in 1,297 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L

Re: $2 Million Ford SUV

I didn't read the article...

Is it $2M with a $1.9M rebate?
    GMI Site Rules: 11. "Trolling", or making posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. We define trolling as a member that appears to have the sole purpose of posting just to spite the majority of the site or cause flame wars in threads they participate in. PLEASE respect differing opinions on the site at all times!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TruckMan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,682 Times in 1,297 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L

I just watched part of the video and I'm betting $2M that this company will fail big. That thing is fugly. Top speed of 87mph? Only 400 hp from a V10? LOL. What a joke.

You could customize a Bently or Lambo SUV with more upgrades and save $1M.
    GMI Site Rules: 11. "Trolling", or making posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. We define trolling as a member that appears to have the sole purpose of posting just to spite the majority of the site or cause flame wars in threads they participate in. PLEASE respect differing opinions on the site at all times!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TruckMan For This Useful Post:

jzchev28 (04-19-2019),richmond2000 (04-20-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member jzchev28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,229 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
    Kind of neat but mostly ugly, get out of here with that price..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jzchev28 For This Useful Post:

CJH (04-20-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,333 Times in 4,568 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Interesting, be cooler if all the stealth fighter angles actually worked, meaning it actually has stealth capabilities. But I very much doubt that. And even if they did work, it would be answering a question that no one asked.

Yes, for $2MM it needs to have a higher top end than 87 mph.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 Times in 1,334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Interesting, be cooler if all the stealth fighter angles actually worked, meaning it actually has stealth capabilities. But I very much doubt that. And even if they did work, it would be answering a question that no one asked.
    What is how to beat a radar gun Alex

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyDiablo For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (04-20-2019)

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,544 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

This $2 Million Tank-SUV With Horrific Build Quality Is the Worst Car at the New York Auto Show
    Jason Torchinsky
    Wednesday 5:11pm
    https://jalopnik.com/this-2-million-...-is-1834116514

Hey, rich idiots! Do you secretly crave the lumbering, workhorse-like driving style of a Ford F-550 Super Duty, but don’t ever want to do any actual work, and really want to let everyone around you know what a colossal, pampered dip**** you are without even having to open your vape-smoke and Cristal-filled mouth?

My fine dip*****, are you ever in luck: for only $2.2 million dollars you can have it all, if by “all” we’re talking about the ugly, hulking mountain of overpriced trash-garbage that is the Karlmann King.

This auto show is the debut of this massive SUV made from, it seems, the finest pureéd wealthy jackass, pressed via advanced manufacturing techniques into body panels that simultaneously evoke an artistic chimp’s drawing of a stealth tank, if that existed, and a tanned heir to some pharma fortune passed out on a chaise lounge with a healthy amount cocaine rimming his nostrils.

The Karlmann King website describes this abomination in predictably wacky English, saying:

“Exceptional, treasure in collection. Diamond cuttings, inspiration from falcon. Exclusive customization, every Karlmann is the unique one in the world. Karlmann, designed by a team consisting of over 1800 people, produced by a world top-level custom vehicle manufacturer from Europe, aiming to provide an exquisite collection to the world.”

Inspiration from falcon? What falcon? The kind of falcon that got caught inside a boulder made of 10,000 pounds of the very idea that wealth turns people into ****? **** off.

Look at the front end of this thing. It’s like the designers wanted to answer the
    question of what if angry, fascist chipmunks possessed highly advanced military technology that allowed them to build massive war mechs in their own image.

Come on man, don't hold back, tell us what you really think...LOL

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

Finally an SUV that doesn't look like either a fridge on wheels or an old locomotive. It looks like an F117 that crashed on to an F250. There must be 9 Arabs who will buy them. I don't mind it. It looks less ridiculous that a Humvee to me.
    Last edited by chinamonty; 04-20-2019 at 05:02 AM.

CJH
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,784 Times in 995 Posts
    My Ride
    Audi S4, Merc GL

Fugly. Some Russian Oligarch will buy one.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CJH Hidden Content
    Don't be loyal to a company, be loyal to good product and service.
    Past Rides:
    Audi A6 4.2L
    QX80 - @Big Salvage Yard in the Sky
    Audi S4 2.7TT
    Durango Limited Hemi 5.7L
    Ford Explorer 5.0L
    Pontiac Grand AM 3.4L
    Chevy Corsica 3.0L
    Toyota Tercel "Turdcel"
    Ford LTD Station Wagon 5.0L "Blue Thunder"

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 680 Posts

Don't blame Ford for this rolling over priced turd.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Buttons For This Useful Post:

CJH (04-20-2019)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,749 Times in 4,672 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post

Yes, for $2MM it needs to have a higher top end than 87 mph.
    Don't pass judgement until CandD gets it on the radar gun.

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    Come on man, don't hold back, tell us what you really think...LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamonty View Post
    Finally an SUV that doesn't look like either a fridge on wheels or an old locomotive. It looks like an F117 that crashed on to an F250. There must be 9 Arabs who will buy them. I don't mind it. It looks less ridiculous that a Humvee to me.
    LOL. I get some good chuckles just looking at it. Just the thing for, well, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by CJH View Post
    Fugly. Some Russian Oligarch will buy one.
    Russian, Chynaa, Arab, or Darth Vader. These will go like free money, they'll have to re-open the production line after the original run of nine.

Hey, do you suppose...Lordstown...maybe...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    Don't blame Ford for this rolling over priced turd.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information