R.C.D.R. selected tire type

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: R.C.D.R. selected tire type

Thanks

R.C.D.R. selected tire type

I am referring to the remote control door lock reciever module set-up: selected tire type on a 2008 sierra k-1500. What is the psi range within each load range (c,d,e) before a low or a high warning is triggered? I now have the original 265-70-17 load range standard tires running at 40psi which sometimes triggers a pressure warning. I will be putting 265-70-17 load range d on the truck and have dealer reset selected tire type to d. I will run those tires at 55psi. What is the psi range of tire type d in the module set-up? Two different dealers service managers do not know.
    Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 73ChevelleSS's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: R.C.D.R. selected tire type

When u set up the RCDLR tire type it does not have selections for the load range.Why would you buy load range D tires anyways?The TPM system is designed to detect a 25% pressure loss.So lets say the door sticker states set tires at 30 psi.It should set a low tire light at aprx 22-23 psi.I would set up the tire pressure at 50 front 80 rear.
    GM World Class Certified
    ASE Master Tech
    ASE Truck Tech
    ASE Service Consultant
    ASE Advance Engine Performance L1
    GM MOE 2005 Gold
    Gm MOE 2006 Gold

Thanks

I want better sidewall protection, load range D will give me that. Original tire max cold pressure is 44psi. Running at 40psi cold sometimes triggers TPM system high warning. How can I use D load tires at 55psi cold without the TPM system high warning always being on?
    Thank you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 73ChevelleSS's Avatar
    Thanks

You can change the tire pressure setting in the RCDLR to whatever u want front and back.
    GM World Class Certified
    ASE Master Tech
    ASE Truck Tech
    ASE Service Consultant
    ASE Advance Engine Performance L1
    GM MOE 2005 Gold
    Gm MOE 2006 Gold

GMI Contributor Premium Member shadams's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes it does. The first thing it asks you is the load range, then the psi you will be running. What is doesnt tell you is depending on which load range you pick, it has a window of too high or too low but doesnt limit you to those pressures in the next screen. So although it will let you pick 30psi, it will turn on the low tire light becuase the d range pressure trigger is 40psi (just numbers I made up, I dont know the exact figures).

For example, I had a guy come in with an HD and we put 285's on it that were d range, but he wanted to run 40 psi unless he was loaded/towing. I set it up for d range and selected 40, and the light wouldnt go off. I found that if I selected c range, I could put it at 40 without the light.
    "Contrary to common belief, planning is complicated and is not run by complete idiots, so you'll just have to trust that the decisions were made on good information that's not made available to you."

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information