ABS activation issues

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: ABS activation issues

Thanks

ABS activation issues

I have a 2007 GMC Sierra with a Rancho 6” suspension lift and 35-12.5-20 tires. I have been having issues with the ABS activating at low speeds when turning. I have replaced the hub assembly’s and speed sensors, but to me it seems that the outside front wheel on slow speed turns is activating the abs. I don’t even have to be on the brake and it triggers the ABS light and pump, but it’s wheel specific. If I turn right it’s the front left, if I turn left it’s the front right. I have hooked a Tech2 up to it and can’t find any codes. I know on the classic body up to 2006 you could change the tire size in the system, not seeing it on this truck. I do have the JL4 system on the truck which I think is stabilatrack. I am at a total loss on how to correct this issue. I know the computer hasn’t been changed to match the tires as it’s 5mph off. I can’t have the only truck that’s had this issue...help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

Re: ABS activation issues

I will get back to you soon..

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information