8 speed transmission shudders - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8 speed transmission shudders

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Re: 8 speed transmission shudders

Here is the repair for this transmission issue in a variety of GM models: https://gm-techlink.com/?p=11127

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

I had the flush and new type fluid fill several weeks ago in my 2017 Colorado and the problem has not reappeared. I hope this is a permanent solution because I really like my truck. Anybody have the problem come back yet?

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    CTS-Vagon/11/BD Vette/16/blk

Quote Originally Posted by Michael6648 View Post
    I had the flush and new type fluid fill several weeks ago in my 2017 Colorado and the problem has not reappeared. I hope this is a permanent solution because I really like my truck. Anybody have the problem come back yet?
    You are probably better off checking the individual forums.The tranny issue is a hot topic on specific model forums. Several on corvette forum have had the flush and so far no one has reported it coming back after the latest flush. The old fluid was slightly hygroscopic, so the new fluid may solve the problem. Time will tell.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael6648 View Post
    I had the fluid changed a few weeks ago with the new (Feb '19) formula & it was great for about 200 miles, actually enjoyed driving it. But it is back to the shudder/shake that it had before & is doing the clunky shifting now too. I think it is actually worse now than it was before the last fluid change. I didnt notice the clunky shifting before it. And yesterday I backed out of the driveway, I accelerated to get it moving, then let off & when I did, it felt like it shifted gears & lunged/accelerated, had to slam on the brakes before I ended up in the road. Kinda scared me.

Scot

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samckitt86 View Post
    I had the fluid changed a few weeks ago with the new (Feb '19) formula & it was great for about 200 miles, actually enjoyed driving it. But it is back to the shudder/shake that it had before & is doing the clunky shifting now too. I think it is actually worse now than it was before the last fluid change. I didnt notice the clunky shifting before it. And yesterday I backed out of the driveway, I accelerated to get it moving, then let off & when I did, it felt like it shifted gears & lunged/accelerated, had to slam on the brakes before I ended up in the road. Kinda scared me.

Scot
    maybe damage was done having the faulty fluid in there. Transmission change in order under warranty of course. Mine has been great since they did the fluid change in December

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information