We purchased a 2006 Buick Lacrosse 3.8l last june . 38,000 miles on the clock ,

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: We purchased a 2006 Buick Lacrosse 3.8l last june . 38,000 miles on the clock ,

Walking
    Thanks

We purchased a 2006 Buick Lacrosse 3.8l last june . 38,000 miles on the clock ,

This is the nicest car I have ever owned . We bought it for a road car .

First thing I did , after I got it home ( dealer had changed oil / filter ) was to do some internet research . Discovered the plastic coolant elbow issue . What idiot engineer dreamed that up ?

I replaced them with metal elbows , although , luckily , mine still looked OK .

I bought new heater hoses , radiator hoses , serpentine belt , Tstat & gasket , engine air & cabin air filters as preventive maintenance . Installed all myself , although the rubber products still looked OK .

At my age , last thing I need is to have a coolant leak on the highway , miles from home & my tools .

My wife drives a 2015 Chevy Sonic & I drive a company truck , 2007 Silverado . So , the Buick does not get driven but , maybe once a week . That will change when I fully retired . I presently work 1/2 days ( normally ) .

So far , I am very happy with the Buick . Getting about 19 MPG in town and 27 - 29 MPG highway .

Wyr
    God bless

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WyrTwister For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (05-25-2018),BlackGTP (05-25-2018),Neanderthal (05-24-2018),richmond2000 (05-24-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,698 Times in 4,156 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Re: We purchased a 2006 Buick Lacrosse 3.8l last june . 38,000 miles on the clock ,

Yo, Wyr. Welcome to the Happy Farm!
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar 61BelAir's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: We purchased a 2006 Buick Lacrosse 3.8l last june . 38,000 miles on the clock ,

That gen Lacrosse has aged well and so has the interior. Overall one of Buicks better designs in that decade.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 61BelAir For This Useful Post:

unkillsam (05-26-2018)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 7,963 Times in 3,993 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Welcome to GMI and enjoy the Lacrosse!

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

When I saw that you had the 3800 engine with 38,000 miles, I thought of this Seinfeld dialogue:

RAVA: Yes, that's all, a coincidence!

ELAINE: A big coincidence.

RAVA: Not a big coincidence. A coincidence!

ELAINE: No, that's a big coincidence.

RAVA: That's what a coincidence is! There are no small coincidences and big coincidences!

ELAINE: No, there are degrees of coincidences.

RAVA: No, there are only coincidences! ..Ask anyone! (Enraged, she asks everone in the elevator) Are there big coincidences and small coincidences, or just coincidences? (Silent) ..Well?! Well?!..
    Barry
    '04 Nocturne Blue Saab 9-3 2.0T, 1997 Catera (11/96 - 6/13)
    '13 Black Diamond / Black Regal T

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,993 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Welcome to GMI. That gen. La Crosse has aged well and to me still have that graceful look to them. They always seem to catch my eye. I hope it serves you well too.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Chevrolet SS PBM

Quote Originally Posted by 61BelAir View Post
    That gen Lacrosse has aged well and so has the interior. Overall one of Buicks better designs in that decade.
    Agreed. I would not have been caught dead in a comparable Impala or Grand Prix but that lacrosse is one sweet ride
    "The car's brilliant and ... a great surprise, pleasant surprise for all Corvette lovers everywhere ... a huge shock to our competitors ... because I don't think anybody was expecting something that good. What pleases me the most about it was that ... I can say this is the first car that's come out, that was done since I left.

-- Bob Lutz, former vice chairman and head of global product development at GM

12. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information