*Updated* She got Tinted! *New Pictures*

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: *Updated* She got Tinted! *New Pictures*

GMI Staff Member Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

*Updated* She got Tinted! *New Pictures*

Hey everybody. I just got my windows tinted and a remote starter yesterday, so I figured I would take some night shots. Sorry there are so few, but it was cold, and I didn't want to freeze my but off. Actually, only two of these actually show the windows, but hey, why not post them! More pics to come, I promise!

Some better pics using a Tripod:

...if there's one thing I love about the Aurora, it's the CHMSL:

...Daytime pics coming later on! Hope you enjoy!
    Last edited by TaHoE; 01-05-2008 at 07:50 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 cemaxc's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Corvette/2001/Magnetic Red

Re: She got Tinted!

You know you should put some HID bulbs and ballasts in those stock projector headlights... That would really drive those Lexus drivers crazy knowing that your awesome Auora is classier for what 1/4 the price.
    Current Family Rides:
    Mine: 2006 Saturn Vue
    2001 Chevrolet Corvette
    Sisters: 2008 Saab 9-7x
    Moms: 2011 Buick Enclave
    Dads: 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
    1994 Chevrolet Suburban
    1986 Buick LeSabre

Thanks

Very Nice!!! I have always loved Auroras, I have wanted a 4.0 Auroras ever since they came out. I especially like the last gen of them(01-03). Does your car have the V8, or is it a Shortstar car?
    Last edited by ctaylorzl1; 01-05-2008 at 01:42 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

Quote Originally Posted by cemaxc View Post
    You know you should put some HID bulbs and ballasts in those stock projector headlights... That would really drive those Lexus drivers crazy knowing that your awesome Auora is classier for what 1/4 the price.
    Trust me, that's the next project! You read my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by ctaylorzl1 View Post
    Very Nice!!! I have always loved Auroras, I have wanted a 4.0 Auroras ever since they came out. I especially like the last gen of them(01-03). Does your car have the V8, or is it a Shortstar car?
    Sadly it's the Shortstar, but you know what, it is a great engine. Very smooth, very powerful. I would love to have found a 4.0, but the mileage on the Northstar models was too high for the price range I was looking at.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Uzzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice Aurora. I just got the two front windows of my Silverado done to match the factory tint on the rest of the windows.
    Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Chris Buckley, president of CAW Local 222
    General Motors is the enemy, brothers and sisters

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaHoE View Post
    Sadly it's the Shortstar, but you know what, it is a great engine. Very smooth, very powerful. I would love to have found a 4.0, but the mileage on the Northstar models was too high for the price range I was looking at.
    There is nothing wrong with having a shortstar car IMO, its one of the few V6 cars I would actually like to have!!! It really dosent matter which engine it had, I would love to have a Aurora, especailly a Final 500 ed.! Aurora drivers are tops in my book. Wish I could be one!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 645 Posts

Nice. Any spots?

They are supposed to develop over the first few days but with heat they will go away...just don't roll them down for a week or so.

I am thinking about getting the front windows tinted in the silverado (not the windshield). The back door windows and the back glass are tinted 20% from the factory. I had the front door windows on the Trailblazer done at 20% and it came out well. My problem is that I move around alot and it's hard to find someone good who is willing to do illegal tint. I don't trust myself to do it correctly.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Uzzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by member12 View Post
    They are supposed to develop over the first few days but with heat they will go away...just don't roll them down for a week or so.
    I was told 3 days, in the winter BTW.

I am thinking about getting the front windows tinted in the silverado (not the windshield). The back door windows and the back glass are tinted 20% from the factory. I had the front door windows on the Trailblazer done at 20% and it came out well. My problem is that I move around alot and it's hard to find someone good who is willing to do illegal tint. I don't trust myself to do it correctly.
    as I said above, I just got mine done today and it looks great! Too bad you're not around here, I could hook you up with a tinter or two that can do whatever you want, no problem.
    Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Chris Buckley, president of CAW Local 222
    General Motors is the enemy, brothers and sisters

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

Nice. Any spots?

There were a lot of spots in the begining. However, I figured that the adhesive didn't dry well enough due to the temperature being 12 degrees. But, I called the installer just incase and he said that everything should clear up in a week, and not to roll down the windows for a week as well. My tint is a 25% I believe.

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

Re: *Updated* She got Tinted! *New Pictures*

We got the darkest legal tint on the wagon with a lifetime warranty but I don't know what %ile it is. Can anyone fill me in on the Aurora? Is it a rebody of something else? It really is very well proportioned for a FWD car.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

Re: *Updated* She got Tinted! *New Pictures*

Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    We got the darkest legal tint on the wagon with a lifetime warranty but I don't know what %ile it is. Can anyone fill me in on the Aurora? Is it a rebody of something else? It really is very well proportioned for a FWD car.
    The Aurora was the flagship sedan of the Oldsmobile division. It is on the same chassis as the Buick LeSabre/ParkAve, Pontiac Bonneville and Cadillac STS/SLS/DTS/DHS. Here is a more in depth explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_Aurora

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information