Unoccupied G8 GT Hit and Run! (Updated Yet Again)

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unoccupied G8 GT Hit and Run! (Updated Yet Again)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Hitman1970's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Regal Turbo PG1 Cr Red Tc

Unoccupied G8 GT Hit and Run! (Updated Yet Again)

Update 18 OCT 2010:

Stopped by the shop this morning and they had the handle fixed in 30 minutes. Now all is well in the universe.

Update 16 OCT 2010:

Opened the front passenger door today and discovered that the handle is unacceptably loose. About a half inch of play before any mechanism is engaged to open the door. Another trip to the body shop first thing monday morning. I am sure this will result in another part order and a week or so wait for repair. Sigh......

Fix one thing and break another in the process is a familiar story in Aviation Maintenance too.

Update 15 OCT 2010:

Picked my G8 GT up this morning from Bentley BGC Body Shop. They did a great job with the repair. I will post picks later today but they will look just like my last wash and wax photos.

Total out of pocket from me was a $500 deductible with USAA picking up the other $1000 and rental HHR for 4-5 days.

Ironic thing is my 7 year old daughter said she liked the HHR better because the back window rolls all the way down, has higher seating position, a quieter engine, and doesn't go as fast. I averaged 26.5 MPG over 160 miles of 50/50 driving with the HHR 1LT.

The body shop said that I should not wax it for 60 days. Glad they told me that as I would have done it this weekend.

Walking to my car after a nice nine hour day in the office filled with meetings and other stuff I get to walk up to this. No note or anything either. I definitely hate humanity today.

Last edited by Hitman1970; 10-18-2010 at 09:57 PM.
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Piece of **** Subie Liberty

Re: Unoccupied Car Hit and Run Yesterday! Grrrrrrr!

Hitman, I bet you're pissed. I'd be fuming! You really are having terrible luck with your car! Or should that be terrible luck with the universe? You need some Fengshui turtle seat covers or something.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 SeetheUSA's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Dodge Durango

Damn....that's bunked up!! I really hate some people. Sorry to see that buddy- hope it isn't too bad to repair.
    Get used to more.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    Hitman, I bet you're pissed. I'd be fuming! You really are having terrible luck with your car! Or should that be terrible luck with the universe? You need some Fengshui turtle seat covers or something.
    Will I find an angry Aborigine's voodoo doll if I dig into the the internal kit and bits of this car? If not that then this is dissed ex-car revenge from my Buick LaCrosse!

At the end of the day it is just a car. I was more worked up over my little girl's bloody lip at a soccer game yesterday. Keep it all in perspective.

That said it is still sad to think a person's integrity is worth comprimising at a $1500 or so insurance claim.

No defenders of the destitute please. This was done on a gubment facility filled with $80K a year and up jobs.
    Last edited by Hitman1970; 09-23-2010 at 10:02 AM.
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 fp115's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman1970 View Post
    Will I find an angry Aborigine's voodoo doll if I dig into the the internal kit and bits of this car? If not that then this is dissed ex-car revenge from my Buick LaCrosse!

At the end of the day it is just a car. I was more worked up over my little girl's bloody lip at a soccer game yesterday. Keep it all in perspective.

That said it is still sad to think a person's integrity is worth comprimising at a $1500 or so insurance claim.

No defenders of the destitute please. This was done on a gubment facility filled with $80K a year and up jobs.
    I do find it pretty sad. My brother had something like this happen to him last year, that crashed his entire backend end up, causing $3k in damages. It's disheartening to walk out after work and see that.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Michael_S's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm really sorry, that's brutal!

And I should have known that a hit man works for the government.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

I feel your pain, I have the same color G8. Had the car 3 weeks and came outside one morning to my freshly tinted passenger window laying on the grass. The night before I had locked my glovebox for the 1st time since I had the car and that was busted open. Nothing stolen but a small toolbox with tools for fixing eyeglasses..

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Uzzy's Avatar
    Thanks

That really grinds my gears! I'd be fumin' mad!
    Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Chris Buckley, president of CAW Local 222
    General Motors is the enemy, brothers and sisters

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 calgaryhhr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Chevy HHR 09 Ford Flex Ltd

These events suck. I'm sure it has happened to most of us here. I've had things like that happen about 3 times in the last 5 years (although not nearly as bad.) Only once was there actually a note and that was the worst incident. It was a fairly noticable amount of paint taken off the bumper but I decided that at least the person had the decency to leave a note so I won't make her take care of things. A bit of touch up paint took care of things.

Did your door actually get dented? In the third image it looks like there is a pretty good sized indentation but it might just be the light bouncing off the door.
    Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman1970 View Post
    Government facility, you say? Does it have security, as in lot cameras?

Anyway, sorry that this happened to you, and appreciate your dose of advice regarding keeping it all in perspective.
    Current Rides:
    1. 2009 Pontiac G8 (mine)
    2. 2007 BMW 328i Sport Package (hers)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,697 Times in 4,155 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Sucks. Look for a car with some ground-in red paint, or fresh repairs, in a week or two.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2018 Colorado Crew Z71 4x4

No defense will be forthcoming.
    I sometimes wonder if the absolutely clueless person sitting behind the steering wheel (not to be confused with a "driver") is even aware of having done this type of thing. After all, we were on the cell phone checking to see if anyone missed us on the way out the door and had to adjust the sound system while seeing if the hairdo was still okay and lighting a cig because we've been trapped in that non-smoking Guvmint facility all day and...and...

Sorry to see it. I'd like to hear the total when you know. I'm suspecting that $1500 may be low.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Colorado Crew 4x4 Z71

Thanks
    My Ride

Just got back from dropping off sworn statement with photos and getting an initial estimate from a local collision center. $1457 for front door panel replacement, repair rear door, a bunch of R&I assembly and paint. That is before rental car for three or four days. Also, I can't wait to here the "Uh, we found some internal structural damage after taking off the panel. We recommend door replacement."

Woohoo.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 calgaryhhr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Chevy HHR 09 Ford Flex Ltd

"Uh oh, better get Maaco"
    Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by calgaryhhr View Post
    "Uh oh, better get Maaco"
    Actually the estimate is from a Maaco facility. After talking it over with my insurance USAA I will be taking it in to Bentley (Pontiac)/Cadillac/GMC for an estimate on 30 SEP 10. They are a USAA preferred body shop. Can't wait to see what option two comes in at.

Quote Originally Posted by amels802 View Post
    I feel your pain, I have the same color G8. Had the car 3 weeks and came outside one morning to my freshly tinted passenger window laying on the grass. The night before I had locked my glovebox for the 1st time since I had the car and that was busted open. Nothing stolen but a small toolbox with tools for fixing eyeglasses..
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope it turned out alright.
    Last edited by Hitman1970; 09-23-2010 at 03:39 PM.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information