Sheepishly announcing...

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheepishly announcing...

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 neshapop's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

Sheepishly announcing...

...we put a deposit for Buick Regal Turbo base equipment group (1SG) in Espresso Bronze with Ebony Piano Black interior with Aisin automatic transmission.

It is Opel built unit and we took the advantage of Employee Pricing offers and got overall good financing deal (1.49% for 36 mos.) and pleasant shopping experience. The inventory is tight for lower priced models and I could not see the reason to plunk $1200 extra for sunroof to get Cashmere Cocoa with Kibo Wood interior.

I am expecting to pick up the car early next week. More to come along with the pics. It took soooo long to pull the trigger on this car.

"I AM HAPPY AS A TORNADO IN A TRAILER PARK."

P.S. Because it will be a family car I did not go with (very few available) manual transmission turbo models, my better half cannot drive such thing like huge majority of North Americans but even with the 6 speed auto the car is a blast to drive.

P.P.S. Today I uploaded some pics on the next page. Enjoy!
    Last edited by neshapop; 08-25-2011 at 11:17 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Michael_S's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sheepishly announcing...

Why are you sheepish? Because it's not a manual?

Congratulations. I'm sure it will be awesome. As always, post pictures. I don't love the look of the Regal, I think it's good looking but not gorgeous. But I do have to say it's the best looking production Buick in decades.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Fantastic. Enjoy the heck out of it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_S View Post
    Why are you sheepish? Because it's not a manual?

Congratulations. I'm sure it will be awesome. As always, post pictures. I don't love the look of the Regal, I think it's good looking but not gorgeous. But I do have to say it's the best looking production Buick in decades.
    Thanks!

Well we still don't have it on a driveway yet. Until all the paperwork (money transfer, insurance, licence,...) is done I won't have it until most likely Wednesday or Tuesday evening.

I took it for a highway test ride before we agreed on a deal and I liked it a lot. I tested a car several times during GM Canada's www.testdrivecanada.ca and I had no doubts about this car vs. base 2.4 L model.

The ones with the manual all had the sunroof and the colors were white, grey and sliver. Not my cup of tea and my concern about Toronto metro gridlocks could make this daily driver into a chore after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Buick61 View Post
    Fantastic. Enjoy the heck out of it.
    Sure I will. Can't wait to get it but OTOH I feel sad for my old workhorse. Allure was well behaved and very reliable car, my kids loved it but also liked "chocolate" exterior color on Regal. I think it is quite unique.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,638 Times in 2,619 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

There needs to be a lot of lower trim level Regals on the lots. Way too many 3, 6, 7s in the inventory. You are also right about the colors as well. More exciting ones are needed badly.

Congrats though! Only thing that I would do is paint the mufflers black so it hides them a lot better and improves the look instantly.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 4,584 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Congratulations, neshapop. New wheels are always nice to have around.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a manís character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    There needs to be a lot of lower trim level Regals on the lots. Way too many 3, 6, 7s in the inventory. You are also right about the colors as well. More exciting ones are needed badly.

Congrats though! Only thing that I would do is paint the mufflers black so it hides them a lot better and improves the look instantly.
    The funny thing about local supply was tons of Opel built and Oshawa built units in the same equipment group for both trims. I don't think that high $30K or low $40K Regals Trubo even after Employee Pricing will sell here by the end of the month while the promotion is on.

The pricing for 2012 turbo models is up for more than $1300 vs. 2011 old MSRP so I did not bother to wait for that. Base Regals will have cloth seats standard and wide spread in pricing (bare bones to eAssist). The red color will be available later in 2012 and Espresso Bronze is gone.

I think I scored a good value for the price, it has lots of standard options as is.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Hmmm, I wonder what changed in the two model years. $1300 is a pretty healthy hike for a car like the Regal IMHO.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,600 Times in 1,048 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

I recently drove the Regal turbo and it was a great car! Congratulations and best of luck with it.
    2008 black c6 corvette z51 m6 on black c7 z51 19/20s and 2018 Bright red alfa stelvio ti sport on 20 s with sport seats

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Canuck's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    09 CTS 3.6DI AWD, 05 Envoy

Very cool, congratulations on the new car. Remember you aren't in Europe anymore. Manuals are very rare. As much fun as a stick shift is to drive the clutch pedal is going the way of the dodo.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

Thanks, guys!

I am really looking forward to own my 3rd Buick and this time feel like I am getting younger considering the car chassis and handling.

This is one truly European car and just right sized for me. Car insurance is even cheaper than for my current ride.

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder what changed in the two model years. $1300 is a pretty healthy hike for a car like the Regal IMHO.
    Touch screen infotainment, push button start, home remote and remote starter come standard for Turbo versions, of course not for free.
    Last edited by neshapop; 08-19-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    Very cool, congratulations on the new car. Remember you aren't in Europe anymore. Manuals are very rare. As much fun as a stick shift is to drive the clutch pedal is going the way of the dodo.
    I became little spoiled being a few weeks there for my vacation driving my dad's Suzuki Swift Sport and my brother's Renault Megane diesel. But the streets and local roads are more fun to drive due to different and older urban concept.

Regal Turbo with the stick is really fun to drive, but Aisin automatic is not bad either , tap-up, tap down tiptronic works fine IMO, overall fuel economy is a bit lower.

Thanks

Congradulations!

What dealership did you go to?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by neshapop View Post
    Touch screen infotainment, push button start, home remote and remote starter come standard for Turbo versions, of course not for free.
    Well, two of those things arent available on manual models so that kind of sucks.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

Quote Originally Posted by JuMPy View Post
    Congradulations!

What dealership did you go to?
    Hogan Chevy Buick GMC, not the closest to my home (1/2h drive) but they had 1SG equipment group in blue, black and bronze on the lot (all with ebony black interior). Did not want to go to the ones who did not have the car.

I am really impatient to grab it from the lot.

I will be back with some photos. Thanks again.
    Last edited by neshapop; 08-19-2011 at 01:25 PM.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information