Pics of my new Fusion

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of my new Fusion

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 Times in 954 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Pics of my new Fusion

Some of you guys already know this, but I got a new car.

Unfortunately, it wasn't a GM product. As alot of you know from my many and excessive rants, I'm a stick-shift fan. GM currently doesn't have anything in a stick in the mid-sized category except for the CTS and the G6 GT (former GTP) but both were WAY beyond what I wanted to spend right now. I'm paying off bills and student loans -- no need to get crazy with the purchase.

Anyway, the only domestic mid-sizer with a stick that I could get are the Ford Fusion and the Mercury Milan. The Milan is really nice and has some great detailing (the satin finish on the interior, LED taillamps, etc) -- but I couldn't justify the added price and for the money; even though I particularly liked the "upscale" look of the Fusion. So instead I took those dollars and got a few options on the Fusion instead

It's an '07 Ford Fusion SEL, I4/5-speed stick, Dark Blue Pearl with Dark Graphite Interior and "piano black dashboard applique". I ordered the car from the factory at the end fo January (there wasn't a stick-shift with the colors/options I wanted within a five state radius) and picked it up on March 24th.

The SEL comes with lots of stuff standard like an in-dash 6-disc changer, iPod jack, heated mirrors, 17" rims, fog-lamps, power-everything, 6-air bags, etc.

The only options I got were ABS, a spoiler and a sun-roof --- that's about it.

All in all, for my first new car it isn't all that bad. Certainly good enough for a daily driver.

The pics aren't the best since I took them when it was raining, but its the best I've got for right now. More glamour shots later on down the line.

Later Fellas
    Nick

No, you're not imagining the red-haning-thing -- its a "mano cornuto" alla Italia! LOL

Last edited by nadepalma; 05-16-2007 at 04:50 PM.
    "La vita è come un albero di Natale..c'è sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Contributor Premium Member
    Thanks

Re: Pics of my new Fusion

Congrats on the new car! Too bad you couldn't go GM.. but you got what you wanted, and it's still American.

GMI's Revitalization in Action Director
    Check out our latest lineup by Hidden Content
    Follow me on Twitter Hidden Content

If you've got inside news and would like to be anonymous news source, send me a private message or email me Hidden Content .

Banned
    Thanks

VERY nice!! If I were to buy a new sedan right now, that'd be #2 on the list. The Mazda6 would be first.

Hope you enjoy, I know you are going to have a blast with it!! Give us a report when she gets a few miles on her.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Very Nice, congrats.
    I just test drove an I4 myself, while in the dealer pricing a new Edge for my wife. While waiting, my buddy (salesman) and I were discussing the I4 Fusion and he threw me a set of keys on an SEL very similar to what you got, but with an auto. I liked it. The I4 was busy, but never did I think it was coarse and I bet it is nearly as smooth as an Accord in the higher revs.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by ChevroletRevived
    Congrats on the new car! Too bad you couldn't go GM.. but you got what you wanted, and it's still American.
    Tony, believe me I would have LOVED to have gotten a GM car. I was hoping and praying that GM would add an I4/stick to the G6 last year since they had that same setup on the Grand Am before they kicked it. I also hoped and prayed that they'd do the same with the Aura and offer a stick. It makes absolutely no sense not to since the 2.4L I4 is mated to the stick with the Cobalt, G5 and HHR.

But alas it wasn't done. It upset me in the worst way. I even called Saturn to see if they were gonna offer it, but all they said was "we don' share product plans"

So since I couldn't bring myself to buy a Nissan, Honda or Toyota, I went with at least buying American.

Don't get me wrong, I like FoMoCo and Chrysler too, but GM comes first in my eyes.

Still, I tried to find a used G6 with a stick for a little less $$ but there weren't any. Then I looked at a Saab 9-3 and used 9-5 with a stick, but the numbers didn't add up.

Let's hope someone pays attention at GM (though doubtful).

Quote Originally Posted by likearock00
    VERY nice!! If I were to buy a new sedan right now, that'd be #2 on the list. The Mazda6 would be first.

Hope you enjoy, I know you are going to have a blast with it!! Give us a report when she gets a few miles on her.
    My brother Rocco has a 6 and he loves it. It's a bit cramped inside since it's a bit of an inbetween car from the C/D segments. And best of all, the 6 has a stick-shift/V6 combination that is terrific for those who love to shift for themselves.

But with the financing I got on the Fusion (2.9% for 5 years!!!) I couldn't beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabana Boy
    Very Nice, congrats.
    I just test drove an I4 myself, while in the dealer pricing a new Edge for my wife. While waiting, my buddy (salesman) and I were discussing the I4 Fusion and he threw me a set of keys on an SEL very similar to what you got, but with an auto. I liked it. The I4 was busy, but never did I think it was coarse and I bet it is nearly as smooth as an Accord in the higher revs.
    Did you get the Edge?

The engine is good, but like you say, kinda buzzy. It has a nice little exhause note though. Regardless, it's a Mazda powertrain and it works, but I wish it had more torque and a bit more HP.

I 'spoke' with Igor about that and we've read rumors that there might be a bump in displacement for the MZR engine soon for the redesigned Mazda6 early next year, which means that it will undoubtedly end up in the Fusion as well. Figures right after I make a purchase.
    Last edited by nadepalma; 04-23-2007 at 01:59 PM.
    "La vita è come un albero di Natale..c'è sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

Thanks

Wow, that piano black finish looks really nice. Congrats on the new car, it looks good.

Ford did a really nice job with the Fusion, hopefully they update it once in a while to keep it fresh. I'm starting to see lots of them around.
    Last edited by King Riffle; 04-23-2007 at 02:03 PM.
    There's no apology for stupid, boy!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nadepalma

My brother Rocco has a 6 and he loves it. It's a bit cramped inside since it's a bit of an inbetween car from the C/D segments. And best of all, the 6 has a stick-shift/V6 combination that is terrific for those who love to shift for themselves.
    The 6 and the Fusion are the same, aren't they? I didn't think it would be cramped. I've never compared the two though...

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Something's wrong with your car...it has three pedals. What's with Ford's inept quality control these days?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by King Riffle
    Wow, that piano black finish looks really nice. Congrats on the new car, it looks good.

Ford did a really nice job with the Fusion, hopefully they update it once in a while to keep it fresh. I'm starting to see lots of them around.

I'm also glad to see the inside door handles look the same as the ones in my Taurus. Everyone seems to be going to those cheap plastic japanese-style ones. I can't stand those.
    I thought the piano black looked nice too. The only thing I can complain about is that you can see dust a lot more easily than in other cars b/c of it. but no big deal.

I hope they keep the car updated as well. I've read that for late '08/early '09 they are gonna have a mild refresh on the outside, but a nice update on the interior. The "Ice Blue" look of the center stack/guages on the new Focus and Escape/Mariner will probably migrate over to the Fusion and Milan. It should keep it interesting and competitive. Especially now that it seems other car companies are going to a "head-unit-less/hvac" look where they are just integrated into the center stack rather than put in as modules, etc.

Yeah, the detailing on the door handles are nice. I was shocked by some of the nice touches inside and out.

Ford did well on this one IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by likearock00
    The 6 and the Fusion are the same, aren't they? I didn't think it would be cramped. I've never compared the two though...
    The Fusion/Milan/MKZ are based on a modified Mazda6 platform. The platform is larger in length and width since the 6 is kinda small for a mid-sizer. The Ford-ized version is called "CD3" and will be used by the next Mazda6 as well.

They share I4s and the same general mill (but different hp ratings) for the V6 Milan and Fusion. Nevertheless, the V6s don't get sticks in the Milan and Fusion even though they do on the 6 for some stupid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Buick61
    Something's wrong with your car...it has three pedals. What's with Ford's inept quality control these days?
    !

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 FoMoCo Fan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChevroletRevived
    Actually it's made in Mexico. The Mazda 6 is made in the US though, on the same line they make the Mustang!

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Congrats, I do like the styling of these cars. I'm with you on the lack of sticks in GM cars. Thankfully GM was running their employee fire sale 2 years ago or else I would not have been able to get my SAAB.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Ford hit the nail on the head with the Fusion. It looks great, it's very comfortable, and the performance is nice. Most of all, you can get it with a stick shift. Too bad the Aura doesn't come with one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nadepalma

Yeah, the detailing on the door handles are nice. I was shocked by some of the nice touches inside and out.

Ford did well on this one IMHO.

Yeah, imo Ford is much better than GM at little details. GM is getting there though.

Does that analog clock come only on SEL models?
    There's no apology for stupid, boy!

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 BusyBody's Avatar
    Thanks

Congratulations on your new ride. I like the Fusion.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by FoMoCo Fan
    Actually it's made in Mexico. The Mazda 6 is made in the US though, on the same line they make the Mustang!
    Yes at Hermosillo, Mexico with the Milan and MKZ. The Mazda6 is in Flatrock, MI.

Quote Originally Posted by throwback
    Congrats, I do like the styling of these cars. I'm with you on the lack of sticks in GM cars. Thankfully GM was running their employee fire sale 2 years ago or else I would not have been able to get my SAAB.
    Yeah, I looked at the Saabs but it was too much $ for someone in my position. Too bad GM doens't offer them on anything other thanthe small cars for the time being...

Quote Originally Posted by Ttple
    Ford hit the nail on the head with the Fusion. It looks great, it's very comfortable, and the performance is nice. Most of all, you can get it with a stick shift. Too bad the Aura doesn't come with one.
    I feel the same way!

The car is comfortable. I'm a big kid and I'm pretty comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by King Riffle
    Yeah, imo Ford is much better than GM at little details. GM is getting there though.

Does that analog clock come only on SEL models?
    Yes, it's standard on the SEL models. On the Milan, the clock comes standardon the base and Premier models (which is the whole lineup). Looks good and adds a bit of class to the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by BusyBody
    Congratulations on your new ride. I like the Fusion.
    Thanks!!

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information